Author Topic: Associated Press ~ Senate calling for arrests!  (Read 1853 times)

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Associated Press ~ Senate calling for arrests!
« on: March 19, 2006, 06:54:00 PM »
http://www.kxan.com/Global/story.asp?S=4643819&nav=0s3d

Documents show physical force used often at controversial Florida boot camp

PENSACOLA, Fla. Documents obtained by The Associated Press show that guards often used physical methods in dealing with youths at a controversial Florida boot camp.

Prosecutors are investigating the death of 14-year-old Martin Lee Anderson. A videotape captured repeated blows delivered by Bay County boot camp guards. Anderson died the next day.

Hundreds of documents show that guards consistently used forceful techniques, including knee strikes and painful pressure points.

Governor Jeb Bush has again defended boot camps, saying it's up to the Florida Legislature to decide whether they should be closed.

But a group of state senators is calling for the immediate arrest of everyone involved in the case. They also want a special prosecutor appointed.

Copyright 2006 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2006 WorldNow and KXAN. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.

All religion is dumb. It's one big story they're feeding you so you'll  behave on Earth. If there is a god, then he's a prick.
--Howard Stern, American radio personality

`80 - `82
return undef() if /coercion/i;[ This Message was edited by: Eudora on 2006-03-19 15:55 ]
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Associated Press ~ Senate calling for arrests!
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2006, 07:04:00 PM »

Florida Autopsy Findings Questioned in Death of Boot Camp Youth Beaten By Guards

Date Published: Thursday, March 16th, 2006

Viewers were stunned by what they saw on the nightly news; a video showing a young boy, who later died, being badly beaten by guards at a Florida boot camp. Anyone seeing the video did not need to be a forensic pathologist to conclude that the vicious beating had to have left significant bruises on the victim and that it probably played some role in the death.

Anyone, that is, except the Bay County Medical Examiner, whose office conducted the original autopsy on 14-year-old Martin Lee Anderson.

That autopsy concluded that the boy had died of ?natural causes? associated with sickle cell disease. There was no mention of bruises on the body, or any discussion of foul play. Was this a bad autopsy, the accidental omission of information from the report, or an attempt to cover-up a brutal homicide?

Had the video not surfaced after the ?official? autopsy, there is little doubt that the findings would never have been challenged. But the video did appear, and with it came charges that the autopsy had been nothing more than part of a cover-up.

As a result, a second autopsy was carried out this week. Noted forensic pathologist, Michael Baden, who was an observer at the new autopsy, said ?You can see from the video that you would expect to find bruises.?

And that is precisely what the second autopsy found; bruising that was consistent with the wounds being inflicted on the video. In addition, new blood tests also disprove the ?sickle cell disease? diagnosis.

Andersen was arrested in June 2005 along with 5 other youths for joy riding in his grandmother?s car. After violating the terms of his probation, he was sent to boot camp, where he arrived on January 5.

Just two hours after his arrival, however, the boy was in an ambulance being rushed to a local hospital after being ?disciplined? for not completing an exercise.

According to Dr. Baden, the bruises on the body were consistent with the beating shown on the video. The bruises that were not even mentioned in the original autopsy report that was filed before the video was made public.

Baden also claims to have found other ?mistakes? in that report including a failure to test blood samples taken in the ambulance. The blood sample upon which the erroneous sickle cell finding was made was supposedly taken after the boy died.

Baden has characterized the vicious beating as ?thuggery? that had noting to do with discipline.

Clearly, the initial autopsy has been completely discredited and the case is far from closed.

http://www.newsinferno.com/archives/983

In Germany they came first for the Communists, and I didn?t speak up because I wasn?t a Communist. Then they came for the Jews, and I didn?t speak up because I wasn?t a Jew. Then they came for the trade unionists, and I didn?t speak up because I wasn?t a trade unionist. Then they came for Catholics, and I didn?t speak up because I was a Protestant. Then they came for me, and by that time no one was left to speak up."
--Protestant minister Martin Neimoller

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes