Author Topic: Current state of BCA  (Read 6011 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Current state of BCA
« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2006, 05:22:00 PM »
Regarding the propheets, in the last few years of CEDU they stopped that overnight, sleep deprevation crap, with the exception of the SUMMIT.  (THAT was a NIGHTMARE!) However, the propheets could still be very emotionally abusive depending on who was running them.  Many of the staff had little, if any, experience in the realm of psychology, in fact, very few counselors were college graduates. Quite a few were dealing with their own demons and used the kids as scapegoats.
For the concerned father, check not only the curriculum, check the status of the academic and counseling staff.  Do the teachers hold the appropriate credentials?  Are they teaching in the field that they are qualified to teach in , pursuant to No Child Left Behind?  Do the counselors and resource coordinators hold any kind of an upper level degree that qualifies them to deal with at risk students?
Did you look into any of the non-public school residential placements on your state's approved mental health facilities?  O
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Current state of BCA
« Reply #31 on: March 18, 2006, 02:46:00 PM »
Dude, are you kidding? I was there from 2000-2002, and we got sleep deprived in the Imagine, I & Me, and the Summit.

In the Imagine, we sat in that circle getting fucked with (I can't remember CEDU's logic behind the whole thing, but it was fucking retarded) for the longest time. It started at 8:00 PM and when they finally ended that part and let us go back to our dorms to sleep, it was 4:45 in the morning. And when you don't have a clock or a watch, it feels like a lot longer than that.

Same deal with the I & Me. And then of course the Summit, well that doesn't even need to be said.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Current state of BCA
« Reply #32 on: March 18, 2006, 06:33:00 PM »
You are right about the I and Me and Imagine.  I guess I just blocked out that crap, 'cause it was such crap and just an opportunity for mentally unbalanced adults to vent their frustrations on the kids...yet again!  But back in the day all propheets were sleep deprived marathons so they could break you down to build you up.  If I was as mentally unbalanced as staff liked to infer I probably would have gone off the edge through all that shit, but happy to see I have a good life and certainly have my act together better than those uneducated fools.