Author Topic: I remember it well.  (Read 2707 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
I remember it well.
« on: April 11, 2006, 03:13:00 AM »
I did a google search for kicks and found this site.  It brings back some good memories.

My name is Seth. No need to be anonymous.  I came into the Seed at the Tropical Racetrack in Dade county in June 1973.  I was ordered by the Dade courts.  I was a pretty serious fuck up.
   I stayed around for many years after completing my program.   I sang at the Rose Bowl & at the Mall, saw the talent shows, was a Trucker, went to the beach and the whole nine yards.
   I'll have to say that I read JU's post and that I share many of John Underwoods opinions.  I remember JU very well and some of the great times we had cooking steak and mushrooms.
   Personally my memories are good ones...  and you wont hear me saying anything bad about the folks at the Seed.  It all worked out good for me.
   I hope that this doesn't disallow me from posting here :smile:.   Im sure Ill get "corrected" but oooh well.

Many of the names that I have seen mentioned here are familliar to me and bring a smile to my face.  Someone mentioned John Murphy with broken legs....  I remember him and what a nice guy he was.   And I think I know who Wally Gator is too.  I remember Maggie and Nona and so many other good folks.

Im doing pretty good these days, still living in the same area.  I dont feel like a survivor or scarred or anything dramatic like that.  
   I worked for a large company for a bunch of years as an appliance repairman but recently switched jobs when they froze our pension and started getting cheep assed.  I've done pretty OK I guess in the long run.

[email protected]  Feel free to drop an email so long as you don't want to go on about how bad the Seed was.  No offence but theres plenty opportunity for that on these boards if thats your gig.

Best of luck to you all, and thanks Greg for hosting the boards.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
I remember it well.
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2006, 04:48:00 AM »
Eudora do you remember some folks named Gary, Bary and Roy?  They lived near the golden glades interchange.  I think you may have mentioned a last name somewhere in one of your posts I browsed through, but I lost track of the specific message.

Offline Seth

• View Profile
I remember it well.
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2006, 06:42:00 AM »
I found the post.   You had referred to the McNulty's.  The name rings such a strong bell but I cannot place it.

Help me out?

Offline Ft. Lauderdale

• View Profile
I remember it well.
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2006, 08:29:00 AM »
Be careful Seth, Eudora or AKA Antigen is Ginger
she is from that family. Hey your not still driving that toyota and smoking Kools are you?
Is your oscar fish still alive?  Hey by the way I've got an old broken ice machine that needs fixing, got any idea's (lol) I'll bake you a pie.
Want to play atari? Seriously, It's great to hear your name. :wave:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
I remember it well.
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2006, 08:53:00 AM »
I remember Gary Barry and Roy Last name began with Str@@@@@d.    I havn't seen them in 30 yrs though.

Offline Dr. Rick

• View Profile
I remember it well.
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2006, 09:24:00 AM »
Is this the same Seth that used to drive an old pickup truck and work @ Mother Butler Pies?

Offline Seth

• View Profile
I remember it well.
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2006, 09:40:00 AM »
Hahahah I outlived the Oscar and moved from Stairway to Stevie Ray.

And Yup I drove that old green Chevy that the roof blew off of.  Never worked at Mother Butlers tho.   Who am I speaking to?  PM me if you want.

Which Ginger are we talking about here?

Hope you guys are all well.

Offline Seth

• View Profile
I remember it well.
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2006, 09:42:00 AM »
Gary Barry and Roy were my oldcomers.  Couldnt hope to ever meet nicer people.  Heck They gave me a pair of shoes so I could go to work.

Offline Ft. Lauderdale

• View Profile
I remember it well.
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2006, 09:46:00 AM »
I did email you at dantari225 ect.

Happy Birthday   52 you are old, man.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
I remember it well.
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2006, 02:53:00 PM »
Dr.Rick which seed were you at.  Are you a Dr.? Are you a shrink?

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
I remember it well.
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2006, 06:28:00 PM »
On 2006-04-11 03:42:00, Seth wrote:

"   I found the post.   You had referred to the McNulty's.  The name rings such a strong bell but I cannot place it.

Help me out?

"

Gary, Bary and Roy vaguely ring a bell. But you can't be the Seth I thought of. I don't even know if that one was in the program or not. I knew him from my older brother's friends in Pompano. Almost anyone who was involved in the Seed from around 70 - 76 or later almost had to have known at least a McNulty or two. The place was just lousey with them, what with a sister and three brothers going through, one of them twice. I was the little blond kid who had a bad crush on John Murphy. But that was before my crush on Jimmy G., the Tamborine man cum ambulance driver.

It was not a whole lot of fun for me. In fact, it's still kind of horrid. Remember how badly we all treated those inferior, unaware, druggies and critics? Well, I had to hide it and I hid it pretty well till I landed up in Straight. Afterward, because I split and never graduated, well guess what? As far as my brothers and sisters are concerned, well I'm no better than shit on their shoe. They treat me pretty much the way Anon here does. Only it bothers me some, still to this day, because they are, after all, my blood.

You know....if the Seed was in Utah, who knows how many "wives" the old bastard would have.
http://fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?topic=10274&forum=8&start=26#155924' target='_new'>Jupiter Survivor

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Dr. Rick

• View Profile
I remember it well.
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2006, 07:09:00 PM »
Anonymous - In answer to your question, I was at the Seed in Ft. Lauderdale on SR84.  I am in the surgical field.  While I am not in the psych arena, I do know and work with several psychologists, as many of the patients that I work with require psych evals before surgery or various forms of treatment.

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
I remember it well.
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2006, 12:14:00 AM »
Welcome Seth!

Hey, you weren't around Cranbrook the day Art almost got in a fight by the pool were you?

:grin:

Offline Seth

• View Profile
I remember it well.
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2006, 12:51:00 AM »
Greg I believe that I may have been living in Cranbrook then.  The incident was quite the fiasco at the time as I recall.   Altho I have read your account, I do not first hand remember very many specifics it was so long ago.

Offline Magpie

• View Profile
I remember it well.
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2006, 08:09:00 AM »
I remember living in several places after I moved to Ft. Lauderdale from St. Pete:  Over a three year period, (1) started out at the Robin & Karen's home with their sweet parents; (2) lived in the staff house for one week; (3) moved to Cleveland for three months; (4) moved into JU's apt after him and his wife moved to Ohio maybe; (5) moved into apt. in Laud Lakes and then to Cranbrook; (6) moved into small apt by myself (thank God because I was sick of living with tons of people); (7) moved back to St. Pete; (8) moved to Atlanta and have been in my present home for 13 years!  

I can't stand to move now!  That's about the only ill effect those days had on me.  I am glad to hear from these new people that everyone is doing well.  

Seth--thanks for the nice memory.  I am glad you are doing well.  Do you all remember Jim Stroh....  He was such a nice guy too but I haven't heard about him in forever.