Author Topic: Hyde School, Bath, Maine, Admissions  (Read 5080 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Hyde School, Bath, Maine, Admissions
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2006, 07:40:00 PM »
On 2006-04-07 03:47:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Does anyone beside me find it odd that there are a bunch of adults that want to speak about the place they went to high school but wish to remain anonymous when doing so?  I think speaks at least as much about the place as it does about the character of the speakers.

Don't get me rong.  I like hyde.  It was a great thing for me. I find as I read stuff on this board I agree with those that are both pro and con, but I am really reluctant to put my name on anything.

Sue Doenym"

First of all, love the "Sue Doenym."  Secondly YES I do find it odd that no one seems to want to identify themselves, but I understand it. Do you realize what the people at Hyde could do if I post my name?

First of all when signing your name you open yourself up to the entire internet. If you "google" that persons name it will direct you to this post.  Many professionals might want to get their bad experiences off of their chests yet don't want it advertised all over the internet.  It also could injure someone's career by posting their names on the net.  Another reason could be the retailiation from Hyde when a former teacher needs a recommendation.  I know of a former teacher who wanted to sue Hyde, but was concerned for their future if they went ahead with it.

There are many reasons people wish to remain anonymous and mine is that Hyde could retailiate and hurt my chances of a job in the education field. I am sure that these former students and parents have other good reasons for not wanting to sign their names.

Char Actor
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline StephenLong

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2006, 11:21:00 AM »
On 2006-04-05 22:42:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Hyde incorporates AA practices and principles in many ways. Anonymity is a cornerstone of AA. Why, then, is it so unacceptable to you, Stephen Long and others, to practice anonymity in this forum about Hyde?"

This isn't AA! It is a discussion board about a school, not a therapy session.

I am talking about being an adult and letting people know that you are willing to stand up for what you have to say.

Stephen
uckPondDiver

Offline StephenLong

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2006, 11:27:00 AM »
Google my name and you will get 137,000,000 responses. Really, I just did it! I went through the first 5 pages and didn't find a single reference to myself. In fact I didn't realize there were so many Stephen Long's in the world!!!

Get a backbone and stand up for what you say.

Stephen Long
[ This Message was edited by: StephenLong on 2006-04-10 08:28 ]
uckPondDiver

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2006, 11:56:00 AM »
On 2006-04-10 08:27:00, StephenLong wrote:

"Google my name and you will get 137,000,000 responses. Really, I just did it! I went through the first 5 pages and didn't find a single reference to myself. In fact I didn't realize there were so many Stephen Long's in the world!!!

Get a backbone and stand up for what you say.

Stephen Long

[ This Message was edited by: StephenLong on 2006-04-10 08:28 ]"

I am afraid Dad would get mad if I use my real name:

http://www.google.com/search?hs=CZd&hl= ... tnG=Search

Offline mansion dweller

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2006, 09:23:00 PM »
that is exactly how my experience was, they told me that i needed "to be vulnerable." i think that this is BS. none should make themselves vulnerable when people are making money off of them
Y

Offline survivorami

• View Profile
Re: Hyde School, Bath, Maine, Admissions
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2024, 05:03:13 AM »
so culty and scammy