Author Topic: Let Spring Creek Lodge locals know the truth.  (Read 3974 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Let Spring Creek Lodge locals know the truth.
« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2006, 07:20:00 PM »
Bad programs should be closed, or forced to improve; that's already happening.

Do you think WWASPS is a good program?

They are expanding at an ever-increasing rate. They are known throughout the industry as the worst of the worst, and they are doing the best financially.

I disagree with your assumption bad programs are being shut down. They are reborn under a new banner, there are more programs today than there were yesterday, and until that trend stops, closing one or two will do nothing in the long run.

IMO, it's up to the public to turn against the idea of locking up teens for no reason. Until that happens, politicians look good owning programs, parents feel good trusting them, and the children (wasn't the point to help them in the first place?) get fucked. So long as 53% of this country believes people should be jailed for smoking marijuana, I doubt anything will change. It's bigger than just programs, it's the entire drug war and fear mongering.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2006, 07:34:00 PM »
On 2006-03-21 16:20:00, Anonymous wrote:

So long as 53% of this country believes people should be jailed for smoking marijuana, I doubt anything will change. It's bigger than just programs, it's the entire drug war and fear mongering.

I don't even believe that's true. Figures never lie, but liars sure can figure. I think only a rare few believe that anyone should be locked up for smoking pot or other dissent gestures. But those few are bullies. Fear mongering is their favorite and most sophisticated trick.

The day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus, by the Supreme Being of His Father, in the womb of a virgin will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerva in the brain of Jupiter.
--Thomas Jefferson, U.S. President, author, scientist, architect, educator, and diplomat

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2006, 07:42:00 PM »
On 2006-03-21 15:45:00, Anonymous wrote:

Nah, you can't have it both ways. Either the results aren't there--in which case there isn't that big a problem, and this stuff is mainly sensationalism--or the results are there--in which case the system is working. This is a logical conclusion based on your point about all the things people have tried.

It's a big problem that's taken a couple of generations to come to a head. See how the national media is treating your buddies down in Florida? Look into the callibur of journalits behind those by lines. Some of these guys covered The Seed when it was the summer sensation story.

And they're not quitting with just Guy Tunnell, Frank McKeithen and the thugs they employed there in Bay County, either. They're digging into their affiliates and associates, who else they've beat up during their careers and, most importantly, where they got their training. I've seen reference to the `93 DOJ report on boot camps in the mainstream at least a dozen times in the past week or so. Hell, even Faux News came down hard on those struggling turkeys, using words like coverup, murder and torture. They even focused conversation for a good sustained minute on the particularly sadistic practice of repeatedly reviving the victim w/ smelling salts so they can fully apreciate the "counseling".

When you can't even count on Faux to support an extreme authoritarian position on any issue, I think I hear the fat lady clearing her voice.

Just think; by the time we all retire, these kids will be in charge of Social Security. I don't know about you, but I'm stackin' up the brownie points right about now! LOL

There is so much in the bible against which every insinct of my being rebels, so much so that I regret the necessity which has compelled me to read it through from beginning to end. I do not think that the knowledge I have gained of its history and sources compensates me for the unpleasant details it has forced upon my attention.
--Helen Keller, American lecturer

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2006, 09:03:00 AM »
If the theory that an informed public would not stand for these facilities is true, then why has Guantanamo Bay been shut down?

All it taks is a little reading and you find out most of those people there had nothing to do with 9/11 and were being tortured for no reason. Besides the occasional outcry, nothing has been done. Nothing at all.

I guess I am not as optimistic as ya'all about these places ever being eliminated once and for all. Way too many stupid parents out there to exploit.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2006, 07:55:00 PM »
Well, I guess I just take a longer view of history. The industry didn't grow up in a vacuum. And Guantanamo Bay didn't either. Just look into the history of the School of the Americas (aka School of the Assassins) and opposition to it. The difference between Gitmo and any work camp run by American trained counter revolutionaries is that you've heard about Gitmo.

Slowly but slowly the worm turns.

I turned to speak to God, About the world's despair; But to make bad matters worse, I found God wasn't there.
--Robert Frost, American poet

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2006, 07:08:00 PM »
Here are two reporters who are REALLY doing stories on Spring Creek Lodge:

John Adams
Staff Reporter
[email protected]
[email protected]

Rumor is she's working on a documentary expose about SCLA