Author Topic: Any former RMA grads in the Los Angeles area?  (Read 4777 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Any former RMA grads in the Los Angeles area?
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2006, 11:16:00 PM »
On 2006-03-19 18:45:00, OKB4RMA wrote:

"

On 2006-03-19 11:55:00, Anonymous wrote:

LA and the Valley are both dirty pieces of shit full of dumbshit people and absolutely terrible drivers. Can't wait to finish school and get out of this shithole.

Yes...true true...I always chuckle to myself when people move here...especially for school...thinking beforehand of some sort of "California Dream"...you know...the beach...Baywatch...all that other B.S....only to find out that it *really* does suck pretty bad here...but thanks for stopping by anyways because we are always looking for students and/or aspiring actors to fill our service jobs. :rofl: "

Well, I guess you'll just have to keep on looking. I didn't come here for the "California dream", I came here to go to a damn good school. Believe me, my man, I'll be long gone once I graduate.

And the beaches are fuckin' sweet! Too bad I have to share them with so many douchebags.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline try another castle

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2006, 12:43:00 AM »
You know, I would have really loved to apply to CalArts, but it's LA location was the one deciding factor for me not to. (Mainly because I didn't want to move from where I am.)

Of course, there was no guarantee that I would have gotten into that place, anyway. They are pretty choosy about who goes there.

Offline dniceo7

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2006, 01:12:00 PM »
On 2006-03-19 21:43:00, sorry... try another castle wrote:

"You know, I would have really loved to apply to CalArts, but it's LA location was the one deciding factor for me not to. (Mainly because I didn't want to move from where I am.)

Of course, there was no guarantee that I would have gotten into that place, anyway. They are pretty choosy about who goes there.
"

Eh, I've gone to school out here at Pepperdine for 3 years now, and LA's not that bad. Certainly didn't get any 'service jobs'...I wouldn't want to take those away from the 'actors and actresses'. The people aren't so bad, even if they are pitiful drivers. Definitely a lot friendlier on the whole than back home, even if most of them are fake (and I don't mean just physically). I lived out in Woodland Hills for a year and didn't mind it, lived in Santa Monica for a year and loved it. I miss Boston, but living up the coast this year has been a good time for the most part, although it's a little too remote to actually be considered LA.

I've heard good things about CalArts. You would've loved MassArt.

El Coyote is the shit. [ This Message was edited by: dniceo7 on 2006-03-20 12:06 ]
I don\'t look at myself in the mirror because I\'m a narcissist, I simply like to watch myself exist...

Offline OKB4RMA

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2006, 07:28:00 PM »
Yup...CalArts does have a stellar reputation from what I hear.

Pepperdine...sheeeeeit...that's about the sweetest location for a university campus if there ever was one...roll down the lawn and you're at Malibu Beach...can't say most people's L.A. experience is as nice as yours.

I know that USC has some really incredible departments also...but could you imagine what it must be like when somebody from out of town shows up and actually sees the surrounding neighborhoods? :eek:

and I was only teasing about the service industry jobs for the students...although not for the *actors*...hahaha

Offline jacqueline kelly

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2006, 04:57:00 AM »
Hello.
I have not been in touch with anyone from RMA for a long time. Just discovered you all. Got shakey thinking on RMA, past friends...

I'm here. In LA.

Whoever mentioned wanting to go to Cal Arts, what department do you want to get in? I went there, might be able to help you, depending on the dapartment.

My name is Jacqueline Wright, went by Kelly for the first year at RMA.

Why is everyone secretive about their names?

.... read all of the posts and news about abuse and cult afiliation, brainwashing. Haven't thought about RMA much. Looked through a scap book that a friend did for me on graduation. Picture of me Feeding the Goat.

hi.

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2006, 02:27:00 PM »
Whoever mentioned wanting to go to Cal Arts, what department do you want to get in? I went there, might be able to help you, depending on the dapartment

Animation. Moot point, though. I'm already in school in SF, and don't want to move to LA.

Besides, I'm just not good enough. I'm praying to god I can get a job after all of this. I don't even have any decent stuff for a demo reel yet.

Offline jacqueline kelly

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2006, 02:08:00 AM »
hi
You gotta be good at it if ya dig it. Or what ya dig you always get good at.

I'm not in animation, but everyone I know in that field, works and makes good money.

How long have you been in school?
What school are you going to?

jacqueline

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2006, 05:21:00 AM »
Nothing very prestigious. One of those chain schools. Art Institute of CA. (Not to be confused with the San Francisco Art Institute, which is more fine arts oriented.) They didn't even need to see a portfolio. They'll take anyone, just as long as your GPA was good at your last school.
[ This Message was edited by: sorry... try another castle on 2006-03-26 03:48 ]