Author Topic: Staff Members with Phony Degrees?  (Read 59536 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
GA DOE Private Schools
« Reply #45 on: August 04, 2006, 04:25:45 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""

On 2006-04-11 14:11:00, juniper2 wrote:

"According to SACS, the teachers only have to degreed in their field of teaching in a private

school..teachers do not have to be certified according to SACS. However, they cannot be cross utilized as HLA is doing...and, HLA cannot advertise the teachers are ALL certified...but they do..."

What are the DOE requirements for teachers in private schools?

"The academic curriculum meets the quality of core cirriculum requirements as published by the Georgia Department of Education."

Yet, HLA is not recognized by the Georgia's Department of Education as a Private school.

http://public.doe.k12.ga.us/askdoe.aspx ... ASKPrivate
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: GA DOE Private Schools
« Reply #46 on: August 04, 2006, 04:26:21 PM »

On 2006-04-11 14:11:00, juniper2 wrote:

"According to SACS, the teachers only have to degreed in their field of teaching in a private

school..teachers do not have to be certified according to SACS. However, they cannot be cross utilized as HLA is doing...and, HLA cannot advertise the teachers are ALL certified...but they do..."

What are the DOE requirements for teachers in private schools?

"The academic curriculum meets the quality of core cirriculum requirements as published by the Georgia Department of Education."

Yet, HLA is not recognized by Georgia's Department of Education as a Private school.

http://public.doe.k12.ga.us/askdoe.aspx ... ASKPrivate

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Staff Members with Phony Degrees?
« Reply #47 on: August 05, 2006, 12:43:35 PM »
"The teaching faculty at HLA are certified and hold a Bachelor to a Doctorate level degree in education."

The above is from the web site.  Notice it does not say ALL the teaching faculty at HLA are certified.  It implies it, but it does not actually SAY it.  This is typical word play by Len Buccellato.  Who, by the way, approved every word of what is on the web-site after very careful review of the wording.

Typical Len Buccellato.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 05, 2006, 05:55:30 PM »
oh give it up,

it's a school not a concentration camp, you're making way too much of all this.  

Get a hobby get a life get over it

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 05, 2006, 06:50:25 PM »
I realize this is about Wellspring but doesn't it have a familiar ring to it?

Grand jury indicts former school CEO

By JONNELLE DAVIS
Register & Bee staff writer
August 5, 2006

Give your opinion on this story
Advertisement

DANVILLE, Va. - The founder and former CEO of a now-defunct school for boys faces 36 federal charges related to his handling of school and personal funds.

Robert Serge Gluhareff was indicted July 25 on three counts of bank fraud, 25 counts of tax fraud, four counts of mail fraud, two counts of wire fraud, one count of false declaration and one count of money laundering, according to the office of U.S. Attorney John L. Brownlee.

The indictment, which was unsealed Friday, alleges that from 1999 to 2003, Gluhareff and Wellspring Academy ?repeatedly experienced serious financial problems and lacked sufficient money to meet expenses.?

It accuses Gluhareff of a number of schemes to obtain money, including writing and depositing checks on his personal accounts knowing that they would be dishonored; convincing parents to write tuition checks and then depositing the checks before the funds became available; and falsely promoting the school as having licensed counselors.

Gluhareff also is accused of selling the timber rights of

approximately 90 acres of land that had a lien on it, misrepresenting tuition payments as tax deductible ?scholarship donations,? and encouraging parents to solicit corporate matching gift donations for what were actually their children?s tuition payments.

Wellspring Academy, which was located near South Boston, marketed itself as a Christian-based residential school for boys with academic and behavioral problems. Tuition at the school ranged from $43,000 to $49,000 a year.

In April 2003, Gluhareff abruptly closed the school, citing financial problems. In the days following, teachers complained about not getting paid, and parents and students made allegations of abuse, inadequate campus facilities and strange disciplinary practices.

In May 2003, a Halifax County District Court Judge awarded more than $9,000 to a former school employee and two businesses seeking payment for services.

In August 2003, Gluhareff and his wife, Elizabeth, filed personal bankruptcy and corporate bankruptcy on behalf of The Religious and Educational Institute of Raleigh Inc., which encompassed Wellspring Academy.

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 06, 2006, 08:36:21 AM »
yes it does seem very familiar.  these same charges are being investigated currently in regard to hla.  hopefully there will be a similar result.
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 06, 2006, 10:06:31 PM »
oh give it up,

it's a school not a concentration camp, you're making way too much of all this.  

Get a hobby get a life get over it

Jeff Cmon, you can do better than this

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Staff with Phony degrees
« Reply #52 on: August 07, 2006, 10:50:53 AM »
We should get over it when we have paid almost $6,000 a month
based on assertions by HLA that only qualified and licensed
personnel were teaching and counseling our kids?  I don't think
so!  They have defrauded each and every family who have en-
trusted their child to them.  This is a scam of monumental proportion, and I for one will not rest until these people are held
accountable!   The more I think about what they have done (and are
still doing)  the madder I get.  They have not heard the last from
me.

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
Re: Staff with Phony degrees
« Reply #53 on: August 07, 2006, 11:21:27 AM »
Quote from: ""guest10""
We should get over it when we have paid almost $6,000 a month
based on assertions by HLA that only qualified and licensed
personnel were teaching and counseling our kids?  I don't think
so!  They have defrauded each and every family who have en-
trusted their child to them.  This is a scam of monumental proportion, and I for one will not rest until these people are held
accountable!   The more I think about what they have done (and are
still doing)  the madder I get.  They have not heard the last from
me.

Amen, sister.  Get mad.  Get even.  Hold them to account for the fraud!
The Linchpin Link

**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Jeff H.
« Reply #54 on: August 07, 2006, 12:35:36 PM »
Holloway has a very dim future.  He had all his hopes and dreams centered around Mountain Brook Academy, (which will never happen).  
His time at Hidden Lake has been a complete waste, I feel sorry for the poor bastard.

Offline juniper2

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 08, 2006, 12:45:12 AM »
Don't feel sorry for him..He made his choice, rather bed..He could have walked...He chose a path of denial and deceit...The children are those to feel sorry for...and the parents that thought HLA was their last hope..

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
former staff
« Reply #56 on: August 08, 2006, 03:39:51 PM »
I was a staff member at HLA for over 2 years.  When I left, you would not believe the number of phone calls I received from parents requesting my testimony in lawsuits they were planning on filing against the school.  I loved the kids I worked with there and was more than willing to testify in order to get them some since of justice. (No one at this point has let me know of any future court date) Not everyone who was employed with HLA was "bad".  It just took some of us longer than others to see through the smoke screen.

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
Re: former staff
« Reply #57 on: August 08, 2006, 03:54:47 PM »
Quote from: ""hmmmmmmmm""
I was a staff member at HLA for over 2 years.  When I left, you would not believe the number of phone calls I received from parents requesting my testimony in lawsuits they were planning on filing against the school.  I loved the kids I worked with there and was more than willing to testify in order to get them some since of justice. (No one at this point has let me know of any future court date) Not everyone who was employed with HLA was "bad".  It just took some of us longer than others to see through the smoke screen.

Welcome.  Thanks for posting.

Can you tell us some of the things you witnessed at HLA that may be actionable in a court of law or that the authorities should know about?

Thanks.
The Linchpin Link

- Troll Control

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 08, 2006, 04:44:40 PM »
I would rather not go into detail in case I do have to go to court.  Some of the issues that were brought up were completely fabricated, but others were genuine concerns.  Only the issues that I witnessed firsthand would I even address in a court of law.  I could sit here and bash HLA all day if I wanted to (believe me, I have enough knowledge on the inner workings), but I am not going to do that.  I know that some of the things going on there would raise a few eyebrows, but until the lawsuits are actually put into play....they will continue sweeping everything under the rug.  Hopefully these parents that have contacted me will follow through on their threats and put something in motion in order to stop some of the things going on there.

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 09, 2006, 09:05:53 AM »
Quote from: ""hmmmmmm""
I would rather not go into detail in case I do have to go to court.  Some of the issues that were brought up were completely fabricated, but others were genuine concerns.  Only the issues that I witnessed firsthand would I even address in a court of law.  I could sit here and bash HLA all day if I wanted to (believe me, I have enough knowledge on the inner workings), but I am not going to do that.  I know that some of the things going on there would raise a few eyebrows, but until the lawsuits are actually put into play....they will continue sweeping everything under the rug.  Hopefully these parents that have contacted me will follow through on their threats and put something in motion in order to stop some of the things going on there.

Please drop me a PM at your nearest convenience.
The Linchpin Link

- Troll Control