Author Topic: Getting Revenge  (Read 6020 times)

Offline Sardonic Shrug

• View Profile
Getting Revenge
« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2006, 02:05:00 PM »
OKB4RMA-  Listen, I mean this sincerely, best of luck to you in finding contentment and peace. Life ain't easy, no matter where you're from or what kind of family atmosphere you grew up in. That's a generalization, and I'm sure there are some who've ascended the ladder of life's journey with nothing but blissful occurrences and relationships with which they form their personality and outlook on life. I for one have never met anyone like that. Granted, I've never been to the Seventh Heaven filming set, but just the same...I remain highly doubtful that those people exist, yet I acknowledge the possibility.

Either way, clearly we are not two individuals who have that kind of constructive, joyous type of transition. It sounds to me, however, that you have been stricken in a different way than I, and that you are struggling currently with finding a way to assimilate destructive memories from your past into a place in your consciousness that will allow the past to simply exist as a neutral and no longer impelling force, as opposed to an omnipresent razor, constantly slicing into your ordinary day with a sharp reminder of things you wish would just disappear. I used to feel that way before CEDU, which sounds strange. But in my case, CEDU somehow violently shook those kinds of mental inclinations out of me, and replaced them with a kind of cold contempt for that kind of perception. Strangely enough, I was thrilled with that unexpected development, as I no longer seemed wracked with a debilitating depression but rather felt cool and detached, aloof I guess. This is not an indictment of what you expressed in any way, rather, the sort of disapproval I referred to was how I felt towards my own past view of reality. You could conceivably call it a self-perpetuated psychological manipulation...because when I admitted weakness and doubt in the past, (family issues, alcoholism coupled with persistent emphasis on toughness and masculinity as a bleed and not cry representation) I was chastised and subjected to bizarre 2:00 AM wakeups in which my sensitivity and emotional expression was painstakingly, and drunkenly, dissected as pathetic and embarrassingly weak, and so in response to this suffocating malaise and self-incrimination I developed a mindset of indifference and cynicism that allowed me to distance myself from the pratfalls of displaying emotion.  Eventually, and really this developed from a partial evolution to a rooted and dominant mindset in the year and half I was at CEDU, I no longer felt compelled to despair over life and my place in that existence. This has separated me from depression, but I also feel emotionless and bitter, yet somehow bitter without discomfort.

All that is hard to explain, naturally. And my armchair psychiatry is probably worthless as it is off the cuff and anyways, I'm in no position to give people advice on establishing a cohesive, pleasant world view. I don't think I really gave you any advice here, anyways. But I guess you somehow encouraged me to open up a little...it was strange but not unpleasant.  For you, I hope you find some resolution in your current pursuit of coming to terms with the past. I wish you all the best.

I just came across a quote that seems well suited for whatever the hell I was trying to say-

No man can wear one face to himself and another to the multitude without finally getting bewildered as to which may be true. -Hawthorne

[ This Message was edited by: Sardonic Shrug on 2006-02-28 12:37 ]
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
t ain\'t about the reasons why, brother, simply the what will suffice.

never

Getting Revenge
« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2006, 11:55:00 PM »
i want revenge but i cant CEDU/BROWN SCHOOLS is shut down. i went through so much shit there it does not matter anymore i just want to forget that shithole.i remember staff brakeing kids noses brakeing kids arms when they ran away. they used it as a excuse to beat the shit out of the kids and then bring them back to the unit. then you would hear them say you are a loser your never going to get out of her. we had score cards and the staff would give low scores just to see the kids get emotional and then send them to the brake room. i remember one time a kid did not want to go to the brake room so the staff broke his nose and when he was on the floor sobbing he said how about that brake.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Getting Revenge
« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2006, 12:51:00 PM »
how melodramatic of you

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Getting Revenge
« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2006, 02:21:00 PM »
Well, asshole, living in a place where you see arms and noses being broke will do that to a person.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Getting Revenge
« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2006, 03:44:00 PM »
Come now, does that make sense to you,that staff would routinely be breaking students' arms and legs, and no body, parents, doctors or anyone, would complain?

It could happen in a struggle, some time, some where, but if it was happening a lot, well, I just dont' buy that nothing would have been done about it.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Getting Revenge
« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2006, 06:01:00 PM »
It happens all the time with the staff saying it was the student's fault. This occurred, according to Never, at a Brown facility, not the CEDU schools.  But it has happened at other "emotional growth" schools.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Getting Revenge
« Reply #36 on: March 05, 2006, 10:56:00 PM »
On 2006-03-05 11:21:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Well, asshole, living in a place where you see arms and noses being broke will do that to a person."

You were there with plenty of other people but you're the only dumbshit of all of them that's on here whining about it.

Quit trying to make it sound like you had trouble falling asleep at night over the sound of kids getting their fibia's snapped by staff outside your window. Get a hold of your life!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Getting Revenge
« Reply #37 on: March 05, 2006, 11:00:00 PM »
On 2006-03-05 15:01:00, Anonymous wrote:

"It happens all the time with the staff saying it was the student's fault. This occurred, according to Never, at a Brown facility, not the CEDU schools.  But it has happened at other "emotional growth" schools. "

Oooooh, a big, bad "Brown Facility". Like Islandview and such were so fuckin' scary. At least when I was there, the bullshit was straight forward.

And oh yes, bones were being broken EVERY day. It was a fuckin' EPIDEMIC man! Used to eat my breakfast and think "FUCK!! I hope no staff breaks my collarbone today and blames it on me"

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Getting Revenge
« Reply #38 on: March 05, 2006, 11:09:00 PM »
HEY EX STAFF STICK IT UP YOUR ASS.EAT COCK BIICH YOU DONT NO THE FIRST THING SO SHUT THE FUCK UP.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Getting Revenge
« Reply #39 on: March 06, 2006, 12:14:00 AM »
I never lost sleep over fear of physical abuse at CEDU. Although it was a bit uncomfortable knowing certain staff members had a history of violence.  I do not know what happens at other facilities, but I do not believe that EVERYONE is lying that there were times the physical boundaries were inequitably violated.  On some of the other sites, adults who have been out of the programs for decades have no resaon to lie.  Is it really that big of a leap to believe that certain staff who had a sadistic enjoyment of the emotional torture they could wreak could take it a step further?  

This kid who talks about seeing broken bones was obviously traumatized.

Maybe he can share under the circumstances it happned.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Getting Revenge
« Reply #40 on: March 06, 2006, 10:35:00 AM »
I'm not a staff, I was a student. I hated CEDU and the "Brown Facilities" I got stuck in. But I'm going to make my argument against them based in fact and reason. Otherwise no one will take my arguments seriously. I think this kid who is so haunted by broken bones is just a pussy.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Getting Revenge
« Reply #41 on: March 06, 2006, 02:11:00 PM »
I THINK YOU ARE A STAFF. ASSHOLE BECAUSE IF YOU READ THE NEWS MOST STAFF DONT BECAUSE THEY NEVER FINISHED 8TH GRADE. YOU WILL SEE BROWN SCHOOLS GOT SHUT DOWN FOR MURDER.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Getting Revenge
« Reply #42 on: March 06, 2006, 02:13:00 PM »
Clearly you didn't finish 8th grade either. That was almost a cool couple of sentences you almost put together there.