Author Topic: "Help" Your Teens dot Com  (Read 6028 times)

Offline BuzzKill

• View Profile
"Help" Your Teens dot Com
« on: March 05, 2006, 07:05:00 PM »
Been awhile since I took a stroll threw Susan's Helpyourteens.com site.
Thought I'd go take a look.
Its a pretter site than it used to be. Seems to be free of much of the clutter. Excepting her own, the various accounts of the harm done in the wwasps programs, seems to be entirely gone.

I also noticed, that unlike most every other site dealing with protecting teens from abusive programs, hers in no way mention's Maia's book:
Help at Any Cost. She does have a whole page dedicated to promoting books:
http://helpyourteens.com/books.html
But no where does she mention Help at Any Cost.
She promotes Chicken Soup and Doc Phill - but not the book on How the Troubled Teen Industry Cons Parents and Hurts Teens.
I have a thought or two on why this is - but I wonder what others think?

I also noticed that on this page:
http://helpyourteens.com/questions_to_ask_schools.html
Dealing with questions a parent should ask a school - she forgot to mention the importance of asking if the school pays fees to the referral agent.
No, no, no, no - we can't be asking that, now can we?

And I got a kick out of this:

///P.U.R.E. has dedicated their service to locate licensed, accredited and qualified programs & schools. We are constantly researching (including visiting programs personally) and take the time to listen to parent feedback. First hand experience is a valuable tool for learning about programs and schools. ///

I betcha there are some Whitmore parents who might have a few comments on how well Susan listens to parent feedback!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2006, 08:11:00 PM »
Very interesting, good catch.

Offline BuzzKill

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2006, 10:50:00 AM »
Does no one have any thoughts on why Mz Susan would omit "Help at Any Cost" from her list of helpful books?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2006, 10:53:00 AM »
Sure, I'll take a stab at it.  Ummm, cuz she's a money hungry profiteer who understands just how much a book like that would cut into her raquet (is that spelled raquet or racket anyway?).

Or maybe cuz she's a sadistic little control freak with a guru complex who knows that this book will only serve to make her look even more ridiculous than she already does.

How's that?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2006, 11:40:00 AM »
Perhaps because Ms. Scheff is paid by the PROGRAMS she refers to, and this is a big NO NO and is highly unethical?

And, if a parent dares to complain TO Ms. Scheff about a placement (like being referred to the abusive Whitmore Academy) watch out!

And if a parent dares to complain ABOUT Ms. Scheff's placement, check your mail: you will be hearing from her attorney!

Offline BuzzKill

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2006, 12:11:00 PM »
Well -  it might have something to do with her need to be the center of an adoring universe.
Maia's not writing a chapter on the struggles of PURE against WWASP may be a factor. Altho - she did mention PURE's being vindicated by the trial - there was no long detail chapter on the subject. She might also be furious that Maia dared to list her name and Carry Bock's in the same sentence, seeming to give them equal credit. That might have been insult enough, in Susan's mind, to get the book "black balled".

But I think it probably has more to do with page 293, and the first paragraph under the heading: Educational Consultants.
I'll not quote it exactly, but it has to do with there being some bad apples - for example, those who take kick backs from programs and do not dis-close this practice. Also, those who have no education or training besides having had a troubled child themselves.

But actually - I find myself wondering has she even bothered to read the book?

I remember when I first heard from Maia - I was very green. I knew very little of the history and the people involved with this "Troubled Teen Industry."  I had recently been invited into the Trekker's group. When I mentioned a phone call from an author researching a book, I was advised by Susan to not speak with her. She was just out to make money on the suffering of the kids. (Ironic as can be, isn't it?) She seemed to feel strongly about it. Personally, I didn't care if Maia made money on her book. Thats how she makes a living - and I admire her for it. If she was interested in writing about this issue, I felt this was much to be desired and encouraged.

I now wonder, was Susan's resistance simply due to the fact Maia had been up front with her opinion about the ethics of how PURE operates?
I don't know, but I do think, Could well be. . .

And I will add, I find this unwillingness to list Maia's book, when she has a whole page dedicated to listing helpful books, one more eye opener into her true nature. If her True concern was the protection of teens and families in crisis, she would list this book very prominently - even if she had to chock down her considerable pride to do it.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2006, 12:16:00 PM »
On 2006-03-08 09:11:00, BuzzKill wrote:

"Well -  it might have something to do with her need to be the center of an adoring universe.
<

Bingo!!!

If her True concern was the protection of teens and families in crisis, she would list this book very prominently

yes, but it's not.  Her true concern is Sue Scheff and how to make more money for herself and satiate her guru/saviour complex to boot.

even if she had to chock down her considerable pride to do it."

Well, we know that would never happen!! :roll:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2006, 03:05:00 PM »
Let's hope Maia will write another book, and that she will interview some of those Whitmore parents. Those referred after Scheff was aware the investigation for criminal child abuse against the Sudweeks was undeway might have some things to say about Scheff's concern for children!

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2006, 08:03:00 PM »
Karen, isnt it about time for that bitch to start letting me know through the grape vine she wants to sue me again?  :rofl:

Ohohohoh, maybe we'll be codefendants! I can make some mean party food...  :grin:
DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2006, 12:04:00 PM »
Does jealousy ring a bell?

I remember when Susan was insturucting her "friends" to NOT Talk with Maia. For what ever reason I was not understanding  at the time.
I was busy ingesting the fact we had been seriously duped as well my child had been seriously harmed. Everything else was secondary.

Bottom line, Maia did an excellant job depicting the Teen Help Industry. I am impressed and appreciative of her efforts.

It does make my heart sad to read the sickness of the imndustry, as well the lack of efforts the State Dept has put into closing the Industry down.

Congress needs to demand  across the nation

I have come to understand and to know that Susan is a liar whose only purpose is to self promote to feelher need to be important.

Very sad.

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2006, 12:37:00 PM »
On 2006-03-08 07:53:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Sure, I'll take a stab at it.  Ummm, cuz she's a money hungry profiteer who understands just how much a book like that would cut into her raquet (is that spelled raquet or racket anyway?).

Or maybe cuz she's a sadistic little control freak with a guru complex who knows that this book will only serve to make her look even more ridiculous than she already does.

How's that?"

It's "racket" (a "raquet" is for sports).

The rest of your commentary is spot on.
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2006, 01:45:00 PM »
Anonymous: it is more than SAD that Susan Scheff "is a liar with the purpose of self-promotion and a need to be important." When she refers kids to these programs for MONEY that she must KNOW are abusive, she is putting kids in harm's way, and that goes way beyond being just SAD!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2006, 02:44:00 PM »
No offense - but most people have figured out the trekkers were using PURE just as much as PURE was using them.

Which reminds me .... how's that WWASPIE civil lawsuit coming along?

Haven't heard a peep outta the plaintiffs in a long time which leads me to wonder if there has been a settlement which would explain the silence is golden routine?

Offline BuzzKill

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2006, 03:18:00 PM »
How do you figure the Trekkers were using PURE?  I do not see that at all.

PURE/Susan using the Trekkers - Sure - no doubt about it. She used them in many ways.

As for the civil action - no settlement has been reached.

*[ This Message was edited by: BuzzKill on 2006-03-09 12:18 ]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2006, 09:33:00 AM »
I agree with Buzzkill. How do you figure the Trekkers were using PURE? That makes little sense.