Author Topic: Greg  (Read 5205 times)

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
Greg
« Reply #60 on: March 05, 2006, 06:15:00 PM »
On 2006-03-04 06:36:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Greg,

I've always posted as anon.  Don't really trust lots of the people that are on this site!  Really, most of the time I post just sporadically.  The faith debate was the most involved I've ever been.  Since then, I have thought of you and yes...have kept you in prayer.  

So...Columbia, nice place to travel?  Good beaches?  Safe?  Any recs on where to stay?  Maybe if the weird, insecure ones are ignored they will go away.  If not...I'll just scroll past to see your posts.  

Sorry you gotta check IPs to see which anon is me, but the whole registering thing is pretty creepy with some of the bizarre units that lurk here!  Don't like the idea of giving my email to register.  "

I understand your reluctance to post and I know who this is via your IP.  Someone had suggested you register under a phony email and "handle" to make your posts cohesive. This is a great idea and many people do it.  I can assure you as a admin here that we could care less whether you use your actual email account or name.

Switching topics, I wouldn't recommend Colombia unless you are pretty adventurous.  But there are some islands off of Colombia that are stunningly beautiful.  You can do an internet search on San Andres Colombia and check it out. Unfortunately, the drug war our government and people have engaged Colombia in has left the country a pretty unstable and dangerous place.  However, there are positives.  Cartagena colombia has wonderfull history and great people.  Medellin is a cosmopolitan city set in a stunning valley with perfect weather.  Bogota is a typical huge Spanish city.  Barranquilla is good.  Inter travel within the country is impossibly dangerous for the uninitiated as kidnapping and murder is business as usual in rural parts of colombia under Rebel control. Bombings by the FARC and paramilitary groups in the areas under government control are common, and large parts of the country are in the hands of competing warring factions.  

Also, stay out of Venezuala.  This is one of the most dangerous places in the world.

If you like beaches, safe touristy type travel, and nice people who appreciate you....look no further than a 4 star all inclusive resort in the Dominicican Republic.  This is easy to get to, cheap, the music is stunning, the people beautiful, the beaches top notch.  Horseback riding right on the beach, white water rafting, mountain sports such as downhill bike riding, wind surfing, hanging out in latin discos and mixing with the locals..just to name a few things people do there.  This would be a winner for you.

I have only stayed in an all inclusive one time (with my daughter), but this sounds like something that would work for you.  I usually go and stay in a hotel or my friends house on the north coast.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Greg
« Reply #61 on: March 05, 2006, 11:25:00 PM »
On 2006-03-04 01:36:00, 6Reagan6Youth6 wrote:

"

On 2006-03-03 07:57:00, GregFL wrote:

"Actually, just got back from the Dominican republic.  Went white water rafting and just hanging with a good buddy of mine from California.  We had a ball but the trip was too short.  I used to go down there all the time.  Also, In Aug/Sept I spent two months traveling around Asia, including China, Phillipines, Thailand and Indonesia.  I can't even describe how good that was!

More to the point, the people who have discussed religion with me know how I feel, and Know that I respect their faith.  They also know that I pretty much will beat up on their naked assertions (but not them personally) and ask them to challenge what they are saying.  But when their faith is brought into the conversation, there is zero argument.  That is of a personal nature, and the people that I love in this world are mostly christians. To disrespect that would be to insult the people that I love as well.  I won't do it.

Dont worry, I don't hold any group (thiests) accountable for the type behavior exhibited in this thread Nor does it bother me in the least.  I have seen morons from all sides jump on people for their beliefs.  In fact, I just debated a guy that advocated Killing all "heretics" and then banned me from the website (he was moderator) when he lost.

Funny that.

Thanks again."

This right here should say it all of why I hate that arrogent piece of shit.  

:nworthy: greg the great debater :nworthy:

whatever you fucking faggot
"

Your ideas intrigue me.  I would like to subscribe to your newsletter.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »