Author Topic: Martin's Achievement Place?  (Read 1046 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Martin's Achievement Place?
« on: February 26, 2006, 07:32:00 PM »
Anyone have any info on this program?  It's used as a substitute from jail for minors who are sex offenders.  Suposedly if you graduate, you don't have to register.  Located in Sacramento.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2006, 07:46:00 PM »
Martin?s is a non-profit corporation located in Sacramento County, was founded in 1974 and provides long term residential care and therapy for male adolescents ages 12 to 17. There is an on-grounds non-public school specializing in services to youngsters who are educationally at risk with specialized needs. This school is certified by the State Department of Education for learning or emotionally handicapped students and specially designed to promote positive change in behavior and provide an individualized curriculum ensuring that students become or remain eligible for high school graduation.
Martin?s underlying program philosophy is SAFETY ? safety for the adolescent in treatment, as well as the community. This program is a no-touch, non-contact program, providing a highly structured environment utilizing behavioral management and a level system with clear expectations throughout their residential and school program.

Community involvement includes church activities, weekly educational and recreational outings, camping trips, an annual softball tournament, a basketball league and Bass-Outlet activities.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2006, 06:34:00 PM »
Right, OK, that's the company line, so what's this place REALLY like?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2006, 10:17:00 PM »
"so what's this place REALLY like?"

OK ... you're told something about a place about which you evidently knew essentially nothing.  What do you want to read?  That the kids are glued to bed at night, and freed with high-pressure steam in the morning?  Or that they are served fresh breads with warm scrambled eggs and bacon in bed each morning?  Or both?

And why do you care?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2006, 07:36:00 PM »
I care because I found out one of their homes is located ajacent to a home I want to buy and rent out.  I talked to a person who apparently was a staff member, and they told me that's it's a no-touch facility, and that's it's for sex offenders.

Now, go figure, but I'm a little hesitant that first these sexual predators are housed in residential neighborhoods with no notification (as I spoke to people in other houses and they had no knowledge), and second, if it's a no-hold facility, one of these sick people could walk right off the grounds and into other people's homes.

Seems just a little fishy to me, which is why I posted this, to get some input, aside from some lazy ass administrators who likes trying to cover up what his school's all about.  If the students are treated well, and are under control by some other means, and they are few to no escapes, fantanstic, I'll be purchasing the house.  But if this is a danger to the people I will rent to, it if will give ME a bad reputation as a landlord who offers homes next to dens full of sexual predators, then forget it, I can go elsewhere.