Author Topic: Binge drinking  (Read 5253 times)

Offline CCM girl 1989

• View Profile
Binge drinking
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2006, 12:30:00 PM »
On 2006-03-06 22:39:00, bandit1978 wrote:

""one drink" is equal to one ounce of hard liquor, or 12 ounces of beer, or 6 ounces of wine.  

If you open a large container of beer and don't want to finish the whole thing, don't despair, there are many household uses for superfluous alcohol.  

Mix beer into a beef and vegetable stew or a cheese fondue, or use it to steam mussels.  Or share some with your dog.

Champagne can be used to poach or saute fish (best with white, light fish).

My boyfriend has recently started marinating EVEYRTHING in Grey Goose vodka (beef, pork, ect...), and the meat turns out really delicious.  Especially when served with a dirty Grey Goose martini.  

Bonus- stuff a Xanax into the olive of that martini, it's called a Xantini.  Your friends will marvel at your ingenuity.

"

I have an idea.......why don't we just cook up Goodtobefree's liver? That things been marinating for quite a while!!!

Just kidding.......hahahaha!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
f you were never in a program, or a parent of a child in a program, then you have no business posting here.

Offline Goodtobefree

• View Profile
Binge drinking
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2006, 01:17:00 PM »
Why not dry out my lungs and smoke em while we're at it?
cademy at Swift River 2001-2002, Peer Group 17
Freedom is the most precious thing we have.  Those who would take it from their fellow man deserve not mercy or compassion, only pain and suffering.

Offline CCM girl 1989

• View Profile
Binge drinking
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2006, 01:40:00 PM »
I don't smoke anything....no cigs, no pot, no anything else!!!!

But, I love trying new recipes! lol
f you were never in a program, or a parent of a child in a program, then you have no business posting here.

Offline bandit1978

• View Profile
Binge drinking
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2006, 03:24:00 PM »
I don't need to smoke your lungs; I've got plenty of superfluous crack (thats cause I use in moderation, like former mayor Marion Bary.  Always leave a bit leftover, that goes for my dinner plate as well.)
egan Flynn
RN
Survivor- Provo Canyon School

Offline bandit1978

• View Profile
Binge drinking
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2006, 03:25:00 PM »
I mean, if you ALWAYS smoke EVERY BIT of your crack, that might make you a CRACKHEAD, right?
egan Flynn
RN

Offline Goodtobefree

• View Profile
Binge drinking
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2006, 04:11:00 PM »
I was actually quoting the band "Leftover Crack" on why their band's name was a misnomer.  But yes, the good mayor is a prime example of crack cocaine being used in moderation.  If you want a good role model for responsible alcohol use, I offer up Senator Edward Kennedy.
Freedom is the most precious thing we have.  Those who would take it from their fellow man deserve not mercy or compassion, only pain and suffering.

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
Binge drinking
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2006, 06:49:00 PM »
Im currently enjoying a nice newcastle brown ale... I must say tasty beer is quite a change from the watery crap I usually see drunk by people my age (21) or younger  :rofl:
DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline LauraLee

• View Profile
Binge drinking
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2006, 09:44:00 PM »
Fallin' prey to drugs,
Sportin' body bugs,
Rock the 40oz.
It's the change that counts,

Just don't get locked up in jail,
'Cuz no ones gonna have the bail,
Takin' time to break the laws,
Then I'll lick my dirty paws,
Dodging all the lies I'm fed,
I'll live my life and then I'm dead.

:tup:  :tup:  :tup:

Rock the 40 oz, a la Leftover Crack!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Binge drinking
« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2006, 11:30:00 PM »
On 2006-03-07 09:03:00, Goodtobefree wrote:

"Julie, first off, alcoholics are people who admit they can't moderate their desire for alcohol.  If anything, it would be more accurate to call me a drunk/pothead.  Anyways, I wouldn't read too much into these posts.  I enjoy my beer as much as the next guy, as well as my bourbon, scotch, tequila, rum, wine, etc., I just wanted to add some humor to the thread.  

I don't know how many of those stupid "this is what 1 drink is" posters at college, as well as all the other silly "binge drinking" info that was on every wall of every building.  I just can't take it seriously anymore.  I'm 5'11" and 280lbs, 5 beers in one night just makes me take extra trips to the can.  On the other hand, some people can't even drink that much without getting sick.  By the "5 drinks at a time" logic, a girl who weighs 100lbs is drinking in moderation if she gets loaded on 3 beers a night, but I would be a binge drinker, for drinking a 6 pack in the same time period, even though I'll barely have a buzz going, regardless of how often or how much I drink, and she'll be completely shitfaced on a nightly basis.

I really hate it when people try to quote statistics like that with absolutely no context, and no concern for the multitude of factors that go into a person's decision to consume alcohol or anything else.  Rather than discussing the stupid "5 drinks" rule, I felt like saying something humorous.

And no, I don't hate my liver anymore.  It went on strike for a while, but we resumed negotiations and reached a settlement.  I agreed to follow a couple of safety regulations and improve working conditions, and my liver agrees to push back retirement until at least 65.  And just to straighten things out, I know I'm not preventing the beer from going flat.  But it takes 2 64oz beers and a lot of bong hits to reach a level of intoxication where the voices in my head stop, and sleep becomes theoretically possible.  Usually I just converse with the voices and drink lots of coffee so I won't fall asleep at the wheel, but every once in a while it's nice to be merry and cheerful and sleep through the night without having flashbacks.  By the way, I know you're not trying to preach, I just figured I'd elaborate for the hell of it.  I think that substance consumption among program survivors is a topic that merits discussion."

I said if you were serious.  If you weren't, I'm glad. :wink:

Julie

Offline the inmatte

• View Profile
Binge drinking
« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2006, 03:15:00 AM »
sweeeeeet
that's how one leboski got the fortitude to seek the other,promise of the dime to make up for the fukin rug? :em:

Offline bandit1978

• View Profile
Binge drinking
« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2006, 09:15:00 AM »
Niles, is crack really your drug of choice?  If so, come on up to DC, cause we've got plenty to go around.

It's always nice to welcome new crackheads to the neighborhood.  Marion Barry is still around, looking as good as ever, and sporting a variety of young ladies on his arm.  

Actually, I think he may head up the Crackhead Welcome Wagon.  All new crackheads receive, amongst other goodies, a map to some of the more popular crack houses, a small assortment of Bic lighters, and a cab voucher to the university hospital.  

I know what you guys are thinking.  DC really is a great place to call home.
egan Flynn
RN

Offline Goodtobefree

• View Profile
Binge drinking
« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2006, 01:35:00 PM »
DC is the only place I've been where "do you know how to get to 8th street?" means "I want to buy crack." At least that's what it meant when I got lost around the Naval Annex.