Author Topic: As Thomas Jefferson spins in his grave  (Read 834 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
As Thomas Jefferson spins in his grave
« on: March 03, 2006, 01:45:00 AM »
http://www.boston.com/news/nation/washi ... _approval/

Patriot Act wins final approval in Congress

By Thomas Ferraro  |  March 2, 2006

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Capping months of partisan wrangling, the U.S. Senate gave final congressional approval on Thursday to renewing the USA Patriot Act, which expanded the government's power to track down foes in the war on terrorism......

.....With 16 provisions of the act set to expire next week, the bill would make 14 of them permanent and extend two others by four years.

The bill would also provide fresh tools to combat terrorist financing, protect mass transit, secure ports and curb abuse of methamphetamines, a highly addictive drug.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline starry-eyed pirate

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2006, 04:08:00 AM »
So basically the terrorists have won.  We've surrenderred our constitutional rights outta Fear!!  Bush is a pussy!!  R.I.P. America!!

And actually I think the last 3 or 4 decades of an imperialist foreign policy, economic as well as military, have led us to this.  Al Qaida didn't attack Japan or Norway.  They hit America because America wants to run the world.  America is the big red-neck asshole who thinks he owns the neighborhood bar.  Eventually some little guy knocks the fuckers' teeth out.

I mean I love the people and the land of America but the political and economic leadership is leadin' us all to ruin.

"...And I always thought this would be
The land of milk and honey
Oh! but I come to find out that it's
All hate and Money
And there's a canopy of greed..."
-Blind Melon, "Tones of Home"
If you would have justice in this world, then begin to see that a human being is not a means to some end.  People are not commodities.  When human beings are just to one another government becomes obsolete and real freedom is born; SPIRITUAL ANARCHY.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2006, 12:32:00 PM »
Our government has betrayed our country. But it ain't over till the fat lady sings.

The [Büsh] aide said that guys like me were 'in what we call the reality-based community,' which he defined as people who 'believe that solutions emerge from your judicious study of discernible
reality.' I nodded and murmured something about enlightenment principles and empiricism. He cut me off. 'That's not the way the world really works anymore,' he continued. 'We're an empire now, and when we act, we create our own reality. And while you're studying that reality -- judiciously, as you will -- we'll act again, creating other new realities, which you can study too, and that's how things will sort out. We're history's actors . . . and you, all of you, will be left to just study what we do.'

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/10/17/magazine/17BUSH.html?ex=1255665600&en=890a96189e162076&ei=5090&partner=rssuserland' target='_new'>Ron Suskind

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes