Author Topic: Information Please for my daughter ..I am trying to get her  (Read 17818 times)

Offline floridatreasure

• View Profile
Information Please for my daughter ..I am trying to get her
« on: February 23, 2006, 03:37:00 PM »
I hope I am posting on the right form....
 I am looking for anyone who can guide me on how to get my precious daughter out of a wilderness camp in florida.
Please, I have a daughter in the wilderness camp in Florida. I have been trying to get help with her situation for 8 months now, but I can not find anyone or any information on how to help her. It is breaking my heart to see her in the state she is in (emotionaly), she has been in there for 8 MONTHS!! Even though they said it would be for 4 months!! I didn't even want her in there at all!! They said that she will be in there from 14 to 24 months!! This is tearing her and myself apart. We were lied to and continue to be lied to. PLEASE, if someone could just guide me in what to do. I am so worried that my daughter is going to go to pieces. Please Help. my email is [email protected]
I Thank anyone who can help me in anyway.

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
issing my daughter

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2006, 04:49:00 PM »
Uh, show up and say give me my kid?

Do you have custody? If so, call the cops.

If not, we need more information.
DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline floridatreasure

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2006, 06:44:00 PM »
Oh If I could just Go get her...I would in a heartbeat....I am sorry, I just stay so upset over this  and I have called, emailed,ect. her story so many times I just forgot some of the important things. She was court orderd, but it was supposed to be for a 30 day program. I do have sole custody of her. There is so much more but it is a long story. I know of 3 other kids that went back in front of the judge and had their time reduced, but I can't find out to get this done.It is so sad for what had happened to her to cause her to act out, but yet Nothing is being done to her Father. In the mean time my daughter is just starting to go to pieces.If anyone would like to know everything Please email me and I will be glad to explain. My Daughter had Never been in trouble before this mess. I was just plain Stupid and trusted & told my daughter to trust them!
Thank You for your response
issing my daughter

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2006, 06:52:00 PM »
I would suggest checking out the web site http://www.helpatanycost.com and contacting the author

Offline CCM girl 1989

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2006, 06:52:00 PM »
Take a deep breath. Relax. Exhale.

Now, explain to us what happened? She was ordered there for 30 days, but it's been a lot longer then that, why?
f you were never in a program, or a parent of a child in a program, then you have no business posting here.

Offline floridatreasure

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2006, 07:08:00 PM »
Thank You...I hope you don't think I am crazy, but when I read your email I started crying, so please stay on here, but give me a few mins. tears are making it hard for me to type...I will tell you in a few mins.  thank you for being concerned
issing my daughter

Offline CCM girl 1989

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2006, 07:15:00 PM »
take as long as you need, I am going for a walk with my doggies :smile:
f you were never in a program, or a parent of a child in a program, then you have no business posting here.

Offline cherish wisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2006, 07:36:00 PM »
I'd suggest you get an attorney to represent you and your child. If they told you 30 days and now it's turning into more than a year - you really need to get some legal advice right away. Go to a civil rights attorney. Has your daughter told you of any abuse at the facility? Physical, emotional, sexual abuse. Sometimes children don't tell parents what's really going on because they are afraid of retaliation. I want you to act fast. Good luck.

Moralizing, with the force of law or coercion, is a
far greater crime against the constitutional principles of our nation than unauthorized euphoria, regardless of the substance involved, be it chocolate or heroin.
--James

If you lack wisdom ask of God and it shall be given to you.\"

Offline floridatreasure

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2006, 07:54:00 PM »
Thank You again, and I meant to say your post not email...It sounded nice and concerned, and I have ran into a lot of  "sorry can not help..she committed the crime & now she has to pay" or hire a lawyer...and I have tried, but when all this happened I tried to get dcf to arrest my ex my daughters dad...needless to say he is gone from here, But Not arrested!!  and lawyers don't want to work on payment plans.They don't belive my daughter!
My daughter was 14 1/2 years old when she started acting out, she was always proud that she was a virgin and wanted to stay that way untill marriage, but all of a sudden I started finding out that she was seeing a boy, now she was not allowed to date so I couldn't figure out how she was able to see any boy. She was homeschooled most of her life and her and I went to church, she was adopted at birth by myself and I have always told her she was my special gift from God and she still is. At 15 she tore her daddys truck with a hammer,flower pot & a brick. This was Not like her, she has always been a good girl and Not violent. When I tried to stop her she shoved me backwards. She was arrested put on probation. I talked to her over & over asking "What was going on with her...had anyone messed with her ..and I asked if her dad had ever touched her, she said no. A few weeks later she was washing dishes and her and her dad was arguing and he went toward her, she turned around and the pot she was washing caught his arm...he was Not hurt, but the police report was written up that she attacked him with a deadly weapon! I did not know that until we was standing in court and the judge read it. My daughter & myself looked at each other and tried to tell them that was Not true. It didn't matter they didn't listen. I agreed to a 30 day Christian program,(this program is Not Christian based or any faith based) because they said she could get 7 years!! This for a child that had Never been in any trouble! Once she was sentenced, about 2 or 3 weeks later they told me it was a 4 to 6 mos. program, but my daughter would not be in there that long. I cried, begged,pleaded but they said No. She needed to be in the program because of the sexual abuse. After about a month they said they knew kids and parents were lied to a lot about the time they would be in the program. Every time I tried to do something or to talk to them about her time ...her time gets longer. We were just told last week she will be in there for a least 12 to 14 mos. before they will even consider letting her go to the transition , which is another 6mos.. My Daughter is about to fall apart and so am I. I get to see her once every 6 weeks. My daughter gets nothing but good reports from there. she has completed her Master Treatment Plan, they state she is helpful, kind and tries to keep the peace in her group. There are other girls that have gotten their time reduced, some by getting their felony reduced to a misdemeanor, but I can't afford a lawyer unless it is on payment plan. I have FMS and have really gotten sick these last few months. I had started a cleaning service about a year and a half a go and some really big accounts, some of them were famous people, I was so proud of myself because I had always depended on the thing i was married to but since all this has happened to my baby girl I only have one , but important client left, I just was to sick to do the work so it is impossible to hire a lawyer
My Precious Daughter is in control of a place that I have No faith in, while her sorry father is somewhere in Florida living life up...I did have the boy that was with my daughter arrested. It was her father that was taking her out to get high, drunk, he would pick up this boy to be with my daughter get them high and so much more sick stuff, and he molested our Daughter!! That scum bag (I apologize for using slang words) has Never even been questioned! It tore my heart into when I found all of this out.
There is even more heartbreaking things, but I know this is already  to long. If you are anyone can just guide me in what to do for
issing my daughter

Offline floridatreasure

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2006, 08:16:00 PM »
Thank You, and yes the emotional abuse is there! I wished you could read the letters,or see her but not only what she writes about, she is changing so much, and is falling to pieces,she tries to stay strong at camp so it won't go against her...every time she has opened up to them for help, they prolong her time, so now she just tries to hold everything in. She cries SO hard every 6 weeks when I get to be with her. It rips my heart out to know what all she has gone through and what she is going through, but they have both of us so scared to speak up anymore, because Every time we have...her time gets longer!I was even worried about posting on here..People that know my daughter states that she is really staying so stressed.This camp has a good reputation from what people have told me that I have tried to get to help, but I know I am not the only parent that fells this way, parents just don't want to make their kids be there any long than they have to be.And I feel like a lot of parents feel like that this place can help their kids, they just don't realize what mind games is played on their kids or they are like me they just don't know what to do. Most of the kids have been in trouble over & over( but I still don't think these wildnerness camps is the place for them) and a lot of them don't have a home to go to. Everyone I have talked to is really schocked that my daughter has not been in other programs or has not been in DCF.
If you know any lawyers here that will let me hire them on payment plans and that is not afraid to go up against this camp Please let me know, I have been trying for 8 1/2 mos.
issing my daughter

Offline floridatreasure

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2006, 08:33:00 PM »
one more thing, quite a few people have stated that they are being brainwashed, and this is true. I do not want to upset any one....so I will just put it this way,wether you are republican, democrat, independent it should not matter, but there it does. My daughter was given a very hard time over who I voted for..they speak out who they like and who they Hate, in a discussing group they had it came up who I voted for, they stated I was an idiot....they should not be allowed to give people a hard time over that, but they have. They have also told them to be independent from their parents, I don't think 14,15,16,17 year olds that are already scared, mixed up should be encouraged to move out on their own, I Know my daughter is not. They have told me that my daughter and myself are to close...I guess that is because I love my child with all my heart and I want to protect her. I hope I don't offend anyone, but they have said in front of me that sexual orientation does not matter, but to me it does. I already have a confused 16 year old, I just think they should keep that to themselves. There are other things ..much much more. Just about anything I believe in they don't and they have my daughter 24 hours a day!
issing my daughter

Offline CCM girl 1989

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2006, 08:40:00 PM »
I read your story, and I am so sorry. There are people that come on here from Florida, and will be able to point you in the right direction. It seems so weird, this whole story.........like something is missing? I can't make any sense out of why she'd be gone for so long, for doing so little?

Offline floridatreasure

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2006, 09:18:00 PM »
Thank You so much for this information... And please excuse how I responded to this...I just get so upset....I went to the 10 questions you should ask...Every one of them has some of the problems that tears me apart and makes me so mad, because every one I contact in the "system" to try and get help says " This is a wonderful program" and I say Bull!
question 1...I get to be with her every 6 weeks, she gets to come home for 3 days, but they have us see aftercare & probation officer, she has homework,she has to call every night, and they hold it over the kids head if they break rules or things aren't right they don't get to come home for the 3 days. We both were told when she was first put in there that if I needed to see her, if I just couldn't take it any more or if she couldn't I could call and come and see her...that is a Lie! My daughter just about had a complete breakdown...crying, almost fainted a few times, shaking...I called and asked if I could just come and give here a hug even though it is over a hour and a half drive one way to get there and I was told No.
question3...there is one girl in the group that is restrained all the time..she has spit in my daughters & other girls face, she calls them names. she tease my daughter about her father, this really hurts my daughter
# 4...No they don't have this...and one of their favorite statements is on how great the kids manipulating & no they don't have access to any hotline or phone.........
procedure that allows a child to complain to someone at a higher level of authority than the person who makes the usual treatment decisions about him, without fear of retaliation. If you hear something like "the children are always lying and manipulating" in response to a question like this, you want a different provider. Also, ask if there are state hotlines to which the child has access for complaints.

question 5....There should be a complaint procedure if a teen believes she's being punished unfairly, and levels should not be determined solely (or even primarily) by peers. This can simply become a popularity contest and unfairly penalize kids with poor social skills.......

this happens all the time they have their favorites , and because I have complained about being lied to about my daughters length of stay, and because my daughter wears a certain brand of clothes (not bad clothes) they tell her a lot she is spoiled and it is stupid for me to buy her expensive clothes...even though I have showed them I bought the clothes on clearance. My daughter won't even wear them any more because they gave her such a hard time, and the clothes are not expensive
question 6....You want a program that seeks medical attention immediately, regardless of cost and regardless of the possibility that the child may be "faking." It should err on the side of believing the kid, basically...My daughter has never been a sickly child until she was there for a while....I took her to our doctor while she was home on a home visit he ordered 2 MRI's  they have yet taken her to get this done. They tell her her medical problems is because she is so stressed
question 7 ...they tell her she is spoiled, mommy's girl, tough it up when her knee was swollen, they put these girls down a lot. They told me that they make it as hard as they can on them in there so when they get out they can handle anything...They are not making my daughter tough, they are breaking her down

# 8
How long will my child need to be in treatment?
Here, you want to get a sense that the philosophy is to minimize time away from home and that there are clear rules about length of stay.
All that has been done about this one is Lies!!

#9 their down time is 1 hour in which they have to read & write their mail, rest, do school work
# 10 If a child comes in there on meds. they take them off.
question 4...No they don't have this...and one of their favorite statements is on how great the kids manipulating & no they don't have access to any hotline or phone!
procedure that allows a child to complain to someone at a higher level of authority than the person who makes the usual treatment decisions about him, without fear of retaliation. If you hear something like "the children are always lying and manipulating" in response to a question like this, you want a different provider. Also, ask if there are state hotlines to which the child has access for complaints.
issing my daughter

Offline floridatreasure

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2006, 09:29:00 PM »
No one can...This is one of the things that upsets me so much and drives everyone who knows my daughter crazy!!. Everyone ask the same thing Why is she in there for so long, but it is true...she had Never been in trouble before! I can send a copy of her court papers to anyone. One thing I found out After she was in there it is a long term place, not 30 days, 4 months or 6 months! And they said in front of me that they know many parents and kids are lied to about the lenth of time. Most are told 4 to 6 months. I truly think it is about the money thay get from the state and if they like you are not, because there is no time limit on it. Other than they can't keep a child past their 19 birthday.
Will this post stay on if someone does come on from Florida? I don't know to much about forms
Thank You
issing my daughter

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile