Author Topic: stats  (Read 1522 times)

Offline Elle

• View Profile
stats
« on: September 01, 2001, 10:26:06 AM »
stats
in the foreward for Captive Hearts and captive Minds, Michael D. Langone says about cults "There is about 5000 such groups in the united states - some large, some very small. Noted cult researcher and clinical psychologist Dr. Margaret thaler Singer estimates that about 10 to 20 million people have at some point in recent years have been in one or more of such groups.The national office of the cult awareness network reports that it recieves about 18,000 inquiries a year."

I beleive this was written in 93. Does anyone have any suggestions as to wear I could go for a recent estimate on cult victoms or suspicious groups? I will contact CAN...But ever since the scientologists bought it I find it a little odd....

Elle.

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline ladyjerrico

• View Profile
stats
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2002, 08:56:00 AM »
the only suggestion that would come to my mind would be to look it up on a web browser and see what you come up with, actually, that is how I found this posting site.
Not much linkage to Straight Inc. I have found in my recent search for past clients whom I shared that facility with.. but not to say that you might not come up with something.
You also might want to check your local library (I know it's a lot of research) you might find old microfish, magazines, and newspapers on microfish which would link you to some cult groups and knowledge of them.
Just a suggestion
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
usan Minns