Author Topic: cedars academy  (Read 3571 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
cedars academy
« on: February 20, 2006, 06:09:00 PM »
I in fact was enrolled in that school for 3 miserable years. i got kicked out on purpose i hated it so bad. they like brainwashed my parents. my date of expel was like 3 days before graduation, and the school like pretended i never even went there during the ceremony. (even though i got my diploma.) well thats what everyone told me anyway. it was if i didnt exist so that made me believe even more that those people did not care about me, but only my parents money. just because my parents did not agree with the decisions i made, ie the way i dressed, etc, did not mean that i did not want to go somewhere in life. that was all just a phase anyway, i stopped "rebelling" when i wanted to, when i felt like my parents accepted me for who i was after left cedars. it took a long time for our family to heal, and lots of therapy, but i'm telling you right now, that cedars hurts families, and that i still keep in touch with most of the kids i knew there. very few of them made it through college. the ones that have that i know still have intrapersonal problems with relationships, especially, because cedars doesnt promote true friendship. there is no sense of trust in that school. they make all of your decisions for you, and that, in my mind, is not giving students responsibility for their behavior if it is being dicated to them.

i'm so happy i am one of the lucky ones to have fixed my life, and i'm about to graduate with a BFA in graphic design this semester. this is NO THANKS to the cedars, because they told me that i was a failure constanly. i'd say with all the money you put into that stupid program, you could probably send your child to a nurturing program, or move school systems and ask for extra help, cause cedars only makes it worse. I went there when Neal Swartz and Mary ran the place, and i hope they are sorry for all of the misery they have caused all of those families that they have hurt. the cedars academy can choke.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
cedars academy
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2006, 12:36:00 AM »
On 2006-02-20 15:09:00, Anonymous wrote:

my date of expel was like 3 days before graduation, and the school like pretended i never even went there during the ceremony. (even though i got my diploma.)
i hope they are sorry for all of the misery they have caused all of those families that they have hurt. the cedars academy can choke."

No, they're not sorry. They don't care about the kids or the parents half so much as they care about their indefensible dogma. Glad you reconnected w/ your family. I only got my dad back, and it cost him the rest of the family. I wish it could have been different, but I wouldn't do it over again.

Christianity is the most ridiculous, the most absurd and bloody religion that has ever infected the world.
--Francois Marie Arouet "Voltaire", French author and playwright

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
cedars academy
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2006, 09:35:00 PM »
I can confirm everything anonymous stated in the post above.  The Cedars Academy as run by Neal and Mary was HELL for the kids enrolled.  They were pitted against each other all the time and there was no trust of anyone, EVER.  The staff were trained by Neal and Mary to point out every supposed flaw of each student and, in the name of making positive changes, make the students feel like utter crap.  It was not a kind place, to say the least.

I quit before a year was up because I felt I could not continue to be a part of such a negative place.

Chris Dawson

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
cedars academy
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2006, 07:03:00 PM »
Please tell is what Cedars was like... we're trying to engage the community and public, presenting our  side of the story and educating folks on what can happen and the harms of the industry at large....www.cafety.org