Author Topic: Sexuality  (Read 4576 times)

Offline SurpassingTheFlow

• View Profile
    • http://www.erowid.org
Sexuality
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2005, 04:53:00 PM »
Here is to bringing it back to life...

I was at SCL for a while, and I have to say that I learned to be sort of asexual and become less homophobic than I usually was. Something else that didn't help was the fact that about half of the  girls seperated were either diseased or just plain nasty. So as a result of these inhumane conditions I as well as others, sex was just not there. It was a prison of many deprivations, depression reigned. I only beat it like 3x in 10 months as a result. Sad...

::crybaby::
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Sexuality
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2006, 10:33:00 AM »
On 2005-12-22 11:22:00, CCM girl 1989 wrote:

"Let me see here, being locked up from when I was 12-16, only getting out by running away from Cross Creek, had a huge effect on my sexual maturity. Since I was deprived of having nomal relationships with the opposite sex during my incarciration.......I often sought out sexual relationships with owners, therapists, and house parents. I was successful doing this, because they were into young girls. I got the attention I was looking for.

After I ran away, and was living on my own for a year in St. George Utah, I had sex with atleast 15 different men. I had a huge appetite for sex, but my brain didn't understand what it was to have a monogomous relationship, so I had a ton of sex, ended up getting pregnant (having the abortion done in Las Vegas), and thank god I had my Aunt, and Uncle save me from a horrible life. I moved back to California entered high school, and was quickly back on track. I had my first real relationship with someone of the opposite sex, which lasted for 3 1/2 years. I was lucky that I didn't get AIDS or some other type of sexually transmitted disease during my stay in Utah.

These programs are so far from what reality is, that when you enter the real world after being there, you have no idea what the hell is going on.

Parents think that by putting their children there, that it'll save them. You come out even more screwed up, and end up doing more harm to yourself then you would've had you not been put in there in the first place.

Think long and hard before making a decision that could hurt your child."

Just because you got out and really whored it out doesn't mean that you get to balme that on the program. I was in the program from 16 to 18 and I didn't do that. I actually lost my virginity to a porgram boy after we got out. Your choices are exactly that... YOURS. WWASP wasn't there telling you to do that.

Offline CCM girl 1989

• View Profile
Sexuality
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2006, 11:52:00 AM »
Well, I think it's a little different when you get in a program at the age of 16 then leave when your 18! There is no comparison between us. I was a program from 12 to 16 1/2 I had no contact with boys until I left besides the staff.

Being incarcerated during the early teenage years did effect my sexuality. And I am sorry but the fact that these fucked up schools were all girls didn't help me out, or prepare me for the real world.

Then when I ran away.....I was thrown into the world totally unprepared. I made a lot of bad choices, things I am not proud of, things I am ashamed of. But, that was over 15 years ago. In fact, when my Aunt and Uncle flew me back to California there was no more of the behaivor that I had done during that year of hell I went through in St. George. You know why, because now I had people in my life who actually cared, not paid unedjucated staff members!

When you have people who care, and who are willing to spend time with you to teach you about real life things, it makes you into a different person, a much better person.

Maybe you deserved being locked up for two years of your life, maybe you were that out of control? I don't know you, so I can't say if that was the case or not???? But, at the age of 12 I did not deserve what I got. I don't think most teenagers who end up in WWASPS deserve it.

So......whatever! I am here to share my experiences, to let people know the truth.
f you were never in a program, or a parent of a child in a program, then you have no business posting here.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Sexuality
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2006, 11:57:00 AM »
Just because you got out and really whored it out doesn't mean that you get to balme that on the program. I was in the program from 16 to 18 and I didn't do that. I actually lost my virginity to a porgram boy after we got out. Your choices are exactly that... YOURS. WWASP wasn't there telling you to do that.

Anyone who hasn't been to a WWASP seminar wondering what it's like? Well... imagine about two dozen strangers with rage filled eyes screaming statements similar to the one above into your face until you emotionally collapse, crying like you've never cried before. Welcome to the wonderful world of WWASP!  :sad:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Sexuality
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2006, 12:01:00 PM »

I have a serious question for you. Why do you feel it necessary to approach this with such cruelty and disdain? Normal people do not interact in this way, only people from the program. I hope you learn to interact with others in a more humane fashion, otherwise expect to live a long and lonely existence.

Offline CCM girl 1989

• View Profile
Sexuality
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2006, 12:35:00 PM »
Thanks you guys! I'm glad that not everyone feels the same way as that ANON person does about me!

I realize that posting such intimate details on my past can bring out the meanies, and bullies. Hey, that's life! I'd rather parents out there know the truth, and the reality of what can happen.

Have a great day!
f you were never in a program, or a parent of a child in a program, then you have no business posting here.

Offline Labyrinth

• View Profile
Sexuality
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2006, 06:59:00 PM »
It is sad but funny, my sons father actually put him in there because he said that our son was having sexual thoughts..lets see a 13 year old boy having sexual thoughts??? That does not seem odd! I will get him out as soon as the dum judges hear my case...but he has wasted almost a year there, he is 15 now and it seems worse to me to be subjected to all boys..mostly older.  Either way he didnt need to be there but I have told this story in another post...no one likes to hear anything twice.  

Bigot: One fanatically devoted to one's own group, religion, race, or politics and intolerant of those who differ.
http://www.m-w.com/dictionary' target='_new'>Webster's

place constructed of or full of intricate passageways and blind alleys; a maze (as in a garden) formed by paths separated by high hedges; 2 : something extremely complex or tortuous in structure, arrangement, or character  : a tortuous anatomical struct

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Sexuality
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2006, 05:44:00 PM »
I had healthy relationships with girls before my experience at RMA.  When I arrived...I was a "pretty boy" albeit a virgin also.  I was raised by my mother and grandmother to have respect for women.  Being that I was a pretty boy, I was put on bans from all of the attractive girls there for about the first year (or they were put on bans from me)

so how has that affected me over the last couple decades?  I can't seem to cross the line from friendship to intimacy with a woman that I am attracted to as the old RMA way of thinking seems to have quite a grip on me.

Offline Goodtobefree

• View Profile
Sexuality
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2006, 07:53:00 PM »
Thanks to my time at the Academy at Swift River I have a number of sexual/intimacy issues.  I have no problems socializing with strangers, making new friends, talking about any number of topics, except when it comes to romance.  If I have no interest in someone, I have no problem.  But because of the rules at ASR that forbid relationships, all sexual interaction, excessive body contact such as too much hugging, holding hands, etc., I am completely incapable of subtly expressing my interest in someone, or perceiving their level of interest.  I either have to blurt out the whole "duhhhh, I like you" line, or avoid the topic completely.  Any of my sexual interactions only happened if the other person made the first move.
     It's funny, I can make a speech in front of a crowd without any preparation, make friends with almost anyone I meet, and I have an almost uncanny ability to get people I barely know to open up to me.  I don't know how it works, but I've had a lot of acquaintances and almost complete strangers tell me things they've never told anyone else, because they say the feel comfortable.  My skill with conflict resolution has diffused countless fistfights.  My confidence and my silver tongue are two of my most salient attributes.  But for some reason, I just can't flirt with either sex.  I can't pick up signals, I don't have a clue how to give them, and I think a lot of this has to do with coming into the sexual parts of adolescence just as I was being sent to ASR.  Right when I was starting to notice sexuality in general, my own specifically, ASR was sending a very strong message against sex, romance, etc.  Most of the kids there had issues with being raped, molested, abused by a significant other, or watched spousal abuse by their parents.  Add it all up, and most of my formative opinions and feelings on sex (at least those that develope at that point in a young man's life) were very negative.  And post ASR I had a ridiculous amount of catching up to do, the social skills that I should've developed regarding sex were nonexistant.
     I've never been in a relationship that lasted more than a few weeks/months.  I'm 21 and still a virgin, since I've passed up numerous opportunities.  I don't agree with it, but I can't seem to shake free of the ASR teachings in this area.  They never said "no sex before marriage", but they were pretty much pushing that kind of mentality.  If you absolutely HAD to have sex, it should be after being in a long term monogamous relationship, which you should wait a while after ASR to get into.  Every time I've chosen not to have sex, it was from fear that I'd have horrible regrets about not waiting for the right person.  Add the paranoia and trust issues that I have from my stay there, and every time I've thought about having sex with someone, the thought process has involved fear of the experience meaning nothing to them, and getting my heart broken, or feeling used and dirty.  I think I've made a good choice in waiting, but only because I think that if I don't deal with some of these issues first, I'll end up paying for it later.  I think if I'd had sex just to do it, I'd regret that as well, since my ability to enjoy intimacy is crippled at best, but mostly nonexistant.  For the better part of my 5 years out of ASR, I've been almost entirely asexual, incredibly lonely, and totally unsure about what I should do.  Thanks ASR, maybe I'd be better off if you'd just cut my nuts off.  At least then I wouldn't have any clue what I'm missing out on.
cademy at Swift River 2001-2002, Peer Group 17
Freedom is the most precious thing we have.  Those who would take it from their fellow man deserve not mercy or compassion, only pain and suffering.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Sexuality
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2006, 09:34:00 PM »
Good to be free...I have been reading your posts and it is amazing how they mirror my experiences...yeah...I post anonymously but it is only because I am still relatively new to this site and I just don't feel comfortable exposing myself...even though many seem to have the same if not similar situations.

Like you...I am also incapable of subtly expressing interest in someone and to perceive their level of interest (if any) I need to be hit in the head with a brick.

sometimes...I find myself hoping that a girl that I am interested in will blurt out the "duhhh, I like you" line as you refer to.

I am grateful to have somebody like yourself on the board that puts a voice to the issues I have dealt with for what seems like an eternity.

Thanks for joining....and don't cut your nuts off just yet...there has got to be a way to beat these issues.

Offline Goodtobefree

• View Profile
Sexuality
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2006, 11:56:00 PM »
On 2006-02-16 18:34:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Good to be free...I have been reading your posts and it is amazing how they mirror my experiences...yeah...I post anonymously but it is only because I am still relatively new to this site and I just don't feel comfortable exposing myself...even though many seem to have the same if not similar situations.

Like you...I am also incapable of subtly expressing interest in someone and to perceive their level of interest (if any) I need to be hit in the head with a brick.

sometimes...I find myself hoping that a girl that I am interested in will blurt out the "duhhh, I like you" line as you refer to.

I am grateful to have somebody like yourself on the board that puts a voice to the issues I have dealt with for what seems like an eternity.

Thanks for joining....and don't cut your nuts off just yet...there has got to be a way to beat these issues."

Hey, I'm just glad that the shit I've been through can do SOMEBODY some good.  I know what you mean about exposure.  I got out of ASR at the end of 2002, and it's taken me this long to REALLY talk about it.  If you're not ready to expose yourself, I'd still recommend getting an account on this forum, you don't have to give out any personal info to anybody, even what school you went to.  You can send personal messages, and it makes it easier than having to figure out which anonymous post is which.  If you still prefer anonymity, that's fine too.  In my own experience, I feel that I need to be vocal about these things, because as I got older, I started to realize more and more the extent of the harm that's been done, and the sinister nature of the institution that did it.  So whether or not you want to expose yourself, I'd encourage you to talk about it as much as you can, even write it down just to see it on paper.

And don't worry, my nuts are staying where they are, I just meant that considering my nonexistant sexuality, they might as well have castrated me then and there.  But I'm definitely holding onto them, after all, how else am I gonna teabag Rudy Bentz after the incredibly friendly chat I'm gonna have with him the next time I see him?
cademy at Swift River 2001-2002, Peer Group 17
Freedom is the most precious thing we have.  Those who would take it from their fellow man deserve not mercy or compassion, only pain and suffering.

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
Sexuality
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2006, 02:15:00 AM »
On 2006-02-16 18:34:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Good to be free...I have been reading your posts and it is amazing how they mirror my experiences...yeah...I post anonymously but it is only because I am still relatively new to this site and I just don't feel comfortable exposing myself...even though many seem to have the same if not similar situations.

Thanks for joining....and don't cut your nuts off just yet...there has got to be a way to beat these issues."

Youre not 'exposing yourself' by having an anonymous identity - nobody can trace you , just know when you are talking vs anonther baghead :razz:.

Fornits wont bite your head off or attack you unless you act like a dense programmie/staffie and try to say that becuase you believe in seminars it negates the facts :lol:

As far as getting over the sexual/relationship issues... experience, time, and the right person who will listen to you and make you feel comfortable can fix that. You also might not have found your groove yet.... youll find your Mojo, trust me.

The clearest way into the Universe is through a forest wilderness.
-- John Muir

DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
Sexuality
« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2006, 10:19:00 AM »
Even those program parents will have to admit this forum offers something the others do not, otherwise they wouldn't be here.

This is an astute observation.
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline OKB4RMA

• View Profile
Sexuality
« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2006, 06:18:00 PM »
Thanks for the encouragement guys...I'll now post non-anonymously.