Author Topic: Swan Lake 86-87 by Savage  (Read 25809 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Swan Lake 86-87 by Savage
« Reply #75 on: November 03, 2007, 04:07:36 PM »
Quote from: ""savage""
DID YOU FUCK UP YOUR TREATMENT
ARE YOU A GENERAL FUCK UP
THEN BLAME DAYTOP FOR YOUR FAILURE
WHAT A BUNCH OF PUSSYS!!!
20 YEARS CLEAN AND SOBER THANKS TO DAYTOP!!!

This post speaks for itself..... doesn't it?  I will not tell this person that he is wrong.  Rather I will offer this person as an example of a quintessentail spokeperson for Daytop.  I will offer him as an archetype of the Daytop atitude.  This short post, to me embodies the Daytop philosophy and temperament.

He has indeed succeeded in Daytop.  And I am not saying that jokingly. He puts down those who have 'fucked up their treatment'.  I honestly do beleive that he was a great success at Daytop.  And again, I am not being funny, but quite serious when I say this is wfat a Daytop success story looks like.  

I am certain that he did excellent while in Daytop, but then why wouldn t Daytop use someone like him to advertise their program? Why is something to this effect not on the frint page of the Daaytop website?  Why is this type of stuff not on their pamphlets?  Why do they not talk like this when they visit schools?  Afterall, it is the general atitude and philosophy behind their practices.

Perhaps, because it would rub people the wrong way..

Perhaps, because to the genral public it would be considerred distasteful and rancorous...

So instead they save all this type shit for when you get inside.

What they advertise is long lasting friendships, personal growth, self-responsibility, and an 85% success rating in it's customers acieving a drug free life.

mcDonald's advertises hamburgers, and when you go there you get a hamburger.  Home depot advertsies hardware, and when you go there, you find that they are all about hardware.

What about Daytop?  I think that somewhere in all Daytop's advertisning about growth and such, they should in clude a part where they say, " and this is how we do it, because we beleive this works", and after that have a copy of this post, along with the posts of many other venemous Daytop protectors, to show what it's all about.

But I suppose that that is not very likely, short of this country regressing 100 years.

Something I never liked about Daytop is that they don t offer freedom from addiction, but rather a mechanism to create sobriety- a bulky unnecessary add on.

... and that in order for an individual or institution to consistantly carry ouy these actions, the underlying philosohpy in place in the individual or institution is that the person is axiomatically flawed and requires something external from natural reality to be good or OK, which is complete non sense.

As they often said in Daytop: " Every single one of you is and always will be a dope feine, no matter how well you do in this program or how long you stay sober"

So, I guess in their veiw, every one of is by nature bad or insufficient, except of course Daytop who will come along and save you from your self, if you only just allow it to.

First they feed you the bullshit idea that you are by nature flawed or incapable, fundamentally and permanently, and then they contradict their own bullshit idea, by telling you that a body of people just like yourself, can help you.  That is if you define Daytop as the people who run it.  And if not what is Daytop?  I think they want us to beleive it is magic.  The further you peel down into their philosophy, the more you see their are no real answers, just dead ends and contradiction, and circular logic.

This is how I thought of Daytop while I was in it.  When I was 16, I was into philosophy and logic, and although I had more then my fair share of problems, I fundamentally was a strong lover of life, goodness, vitality, spirit and all that great shit.  I suppose that combination was the reason I found Daytop so intolerable, and I was in a group that numberred few.

Paul St. John
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 03, 2007, 04:07:58 PM »

This post speaks for itself..... doesn't it?  I will not tell this person that he is wrong.  Rather I will offer this person as an example of a quintessentail spokeperson for Daytop.  I will offer him as an archetype of the Daytop atitude.  This short post, to me embodies the Daytop philosophy and temperament.

He has indeed succeeded in Daytop.  And I am not saying that jokingly. He puts down those who have 'fucked up their treatment'.  I honestly do beleive that he was a great success at Daytop.  And again, I am not being funny, but quite serious when I say this is wfat a Daytop success story looks like.  

I am certain that he did excellent while in Daytop, but then why wouldn t Daytop use someone like him to advertise their program? Why is something to this effect not on the frint page of the Daaytop website?  Why is this type of stuff not on their pamphlets?  Why do they not talk like this when they visit schools?  Afterall, it is the general atitude and philosophy behind their practices.

Perhaps, because to the genral public it would be considerred distasteful and rancorous...

What they advertise is long lasting friendships, personal growth, self-responsibility, and an 85% success rating in it's customers acieving a drug free life.

mcDonald's advertises hamburgers, and when you go there you get a hamburger.  Home depot advertsies hardware, and when you go there, you find that they are all about hardware.

What about Daytop?  I think that somewhere in all Daytop's advertisning about growth and such, they should in clude a part where they say, " and this is how we do it, because we beleive this works", and after that have a copy of this post, along with the posts of many other venemous Daytop protectors, to show what it's all about.

But I suppose that that is not very likely, short of this country regressing 100 years.

Something I never liked about Daytop is that they don t offer freedom from addiction, but rather a mechanism to create sobriety- a bulky unnecessary add on.

... and that in order for an individual or institution to consistantly carry ouy these actions, the underlying philosohpy in place in the individual or institution is that the person is axiomatically flawed and requires something external from natural reality to be good or OK, which is complete non sense.

As they often said in Daytop: " Every single one of you is and always will be a dope feine, no matter how well you do in this program or how long you stay sober"

So, I guess in their veiw, every one of is by nature bad or insufficient, except of course Daytop who will come along and save you from your self, if you only just allow it to.

First they feed you the bullshit idea that you are by nature flawed or incapable, fundamentally and permanently, and then they contradict their own bullshit idea, by telling you that a body of people just like yourself, can help you.  That is if you define Daytop as the people who run it.  And if not what is Daytop?  I think they want us to beleive it is magic.  The further you peel down into their philosophy, the more you see their are no real answers, just dead ends and contradiction, and circular logic.

This is how I thought of Daytop while I was in it.  When I was 16, I was into philosophy and logic, and although I had more then my fair share of problems, I fundamentally was a strong lover of life, goodness, vitality, spirit and all that great shit.  I suppose that combination was the reason I found Daytop so intolerable, and I was in a group that numberred few.

Paul St. John

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 03, 2007, 04:08:20 PM »

Paul St. John

Offline odie

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 07, 2007, 02:42:34 PM »
Well said Paul, and btw welcome back! :wave:
die

Offline Paul St. John

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 07, 2007, 07:46:43 PM »
Thanks man

How's it goin?

Paul St. John

Offline Paul St. John

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 07, 2007, 07:46:56 PM »
Thanks man

How's it goin?

Paul St. John

Offline odie

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 12, 2007, 12:54:04 PM »
I'm doing very good actually and it's fun to come back here sometimes to address morons like Honesty, who doesn't have a clue as to what that word means, Oh he knows the Daytop version, you know the one goes
D-do
A-as
Y-your
T-told
O-or
P-pack
die

Offline Joseph W. Gauld

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 18, 2007, 12:08:19 PM »
Quote from: ""odie""
I'm doing very good actually and it's fun to come back here sometimes to address morons like Honesty, who doesn't have a clue as to what that word means, Oh he knows the Daytop version, you know the one goes
D-do
A-as
Y-your
T-told
O-or
P-pack

Har-har-har!!!  That's a good one, odie.  But I gotta tell ya, I have some mighty high respect fer Daytop and all they done fer the Cause.  I myself learnt a rootin' tootin' headful o'er at Hazelden, and I ain't ever stopped using it since!!  Makes fer some mighty fine character development material, and I'm a damn good salesman and business man if I may say, har har!!  One of those panty-waisted dweebs over on the Hyde forum came up with this one:
    H - Hell
    Y - You
    D - Didn't
    E - Expect

Laughin' all the way to my bank,
Joseph W. Gauld, The Educator