Author Topic: Swan Lake 86-87 by Savage  (Read 25886 times)

Offline odie

• View Profile
Swan Lake 86-87 by Savage
« Reply #60 on: February 22, 2006, 09:34:00 PM »
On 2006-02-22 14:37:00, Anonymous wrote:

"So not true there you guys go again no defense so you attack. tsk tsk tsk."

Some more unethical techniques.

1. Residents being in treatment close to a year without a treatment plan.

2. Primary Counselors seeing their clients for 10 minutes then documenting that they saw them for an hour.

3 Clients meeting with their counselors 3 times in nine months.

4. Staff burning the midnight oil to fudge clinical records to say they were actually seeing clients 1 hour weekly ( this generally happens just before a licensing review )

5. Uneducated and unlicensed staff facilitating sexuality probe groups of residents. Even if they were credentialed alcohol and drug counselors this would be outside the scope of their practice.

I'm just getting warmed up. :wave:

For more than a hundred years much complaint has been made of the unmethodical way in which schools are conducted...with what result?  Schools remain exactly as they were.
--Comenius,1632

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
die

Offline animuscitizen

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 07, 2006, 02:24:00 PM »
Daytop advocates need to wake up and smell the java. Some people thank a religion for sobriety. Some thank AA/NA. And some people thank places like Daytop. This is how controlling institutions stay in business. Other posters are correct. If someone achieves sobriety, that person should thank the self. Without individual effort, there is no sobriety.

I worked at Daytop for 2 years, ADU, during the late 90's. Following that experience, I obtained my MSW. During job interviews, despite other job experiences, I ALWAYS get questioned about Daytop. Potential employers often make skeptical comments regarding that part of my employment history. They try to gauge if I am 'one of those types' of counselors. If Daytop is such a pillar of quality treatment, then why do MOST social service agencies and respected professionals regard it is an abusive institution?

If I presented as a typical Daytop counselor / staff, I would not be in my current position as a Director of a Battered Women's Program. I would not have a successful private practice. And I would not be teaching at a local college. Screaming at clients and telling them they are "pieces of shit" is not considered sound clinical treatment. The Daytop methods are not respected within the greater human services community.

Make no mistake about it. Daytop stays in business because of the War on Drugs. The Republicans (like George Pataki) use Daytop as an extention of the prison system. Those folks don't care how drug users / offenders are "treated".

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 07, 2006, 02:37:00 PM »
On 2006-03-07 11:24:00, animuscitizen wrote:

"Daytop advocates need to wake up and smell the java. Some people thank a religion for sobriety. Some thank AA/NA. And some people thank places like Daytop. This is how controlling institutions stay in business. Other posters are correct. If someone achieves sobriety, that person should thank the self. Without individual effort, there is no sobriety.

I worked at Daytop for 2 years, ADU, during the late 90's. Following that experience, I obtained my MSW. During job interviews, despite other job experiences, I ALWAYS get questioned about Daytop. Potential employers often make skeptical comments regarding that part of my employment history. They try to gauge if I am 'one of those types' of counselors. If Daytop is such a pillar of quality treatment, then why do MOST social service agencies and respected professionals regard it is an abusive institution?

If I presented as a typical Daytop counselor / staff, I would not be in my current position as a Director of a Battered Women's Program. I would not have a successful private practice. And I would not be teaching at a local college. Screaming at clients and telling them they are "pieces of shit" is not considered sound clinical treatment. The Daytop methods are not respected within the greater human services community.

Make no mistake about it. Daytop stays in business because of the War on Drugs. The Republicans (like George Pataki) use Daytop as an extention of the prison system. Those folks don't care how drug users / offenders are "treated"."

Cheers.  Well said.  Welcome (although I think you may be the same anon "sister" I was talking to earlier - if so, welcome back).
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline odie

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 07, 2006, 03:13:00 PM »
Just a tidbit about the political influences that Daytop has always had in its pocket. It's the Democrats and not the Republicans that keep pouring money into this place.

Emotions rule the world; Is it any wonder that it's so mucked up?!
http://fornits.com/rates.htm' target='_new'>Bill Warbis

die

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 16, 2006, 02:48:00 PM »
On 2006-03-07 12:13:00, odie wrote:

"Just a tidbit about the political influences that Daytop has always had in its pocket. It's the Democrats and not the Republicans that keep pouring money into this place.

Emotions rule the world; Is it any wonder that it's so mucked up?!
http://www.theempirejournal.com/New_Fol ... _Costs.htm

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 16, 2006, 02:57:00 PM »
This link talks about Father O'Brien's strong ties with the Republican party.

http://www.theempirejournal.com/New_Fol ... Probes.htm

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 16, 2006, 03:31:00 PM »
Lets pleasure my balls.. :lol:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 16, 2006, 05:28:00 PM »
On 2006-03-16 12:31:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Lets pleasure my balls.. :lol: "

Is that you, Father O'Brien?

Offline odie

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 17, 2006, 10:36:00 AM »

I beg to differ:

http://www.theempirejournal.com/New_Fol ... _Costs.htm"

Really don't see how you can say its the republicans that are pouring money into this program based on this story. Lets look at this Better Business Report from 2004 and see how much they took in that year. I'd say that amount from youhttp://www.newyork.bbb.org/reports/c ... ls&id=339r story is pretty low considering the facts.

If there is a God, he is a malign thug.
--Samuel Clemens "Mark Twain", American author and humorist

die

Offline odie

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 17, 2006, 10:37:00 AM »
http://www.newyork.bbb.org/reports/char ... ils&id=339

There is something feeble and contemptible about a man who cannot face life without the help of comfortable myths.
--Bertrand Russell, British philosopher, educator, mathemetician, and social critic

die

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Just my thought!
« Reply #70 on: September 21, 2006, 09:05:09 PM »
I have been searching for a forum to find alumni from Swan Lake (85*87). I wanted to try and reconnect with some of my peers (Sober Peers).  I am really shocked to see a website such as this.  Everyone is entitled to there opinion in regard to TC's, AA or which ever way you choose to get sober.  I am thankful to Daytop for many things!  The most important,  I finally got it!  Yes, the tactics were harsh.  But it could not have been any worse than being out there and being sick and tired.

I came from a great family.  I had the world at my finger tips.  But continued on such a path of distruction, like everyone else that has ever entered treatment.   That path led me to Daytop and I came out on top and carried the tools that I needed to reach my life goals with me.  I was the youngest person to enter Swan Lake at that time (17 going on 18).  I met people that were not my reality and met people the will always be in my heart!  I am sure there are many that are not straight, (still getting high)!  I hope they find peace and happiness.  For myself!!  I am proud of myself,  all that I have accomplished... love,faith, hope, children.  

I met my husband in Daytop.  He is my bestfriend, the best husband and father I could have asked for!!

We never lost sight of were we came from!!  Just to make sure we do not go back.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 21, 2006, 09:11:00 PM »
3/10

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 25, 2006, 08:30:30 AM »
Quote from: ""Milk Gargling Death Penal""
3/10

you missed the mark here, MGDP.  these daytopians are BY FAR the most programmed of the programmies.  this lady actually believes what she's saying, as if wearing a toilet seat around her neck and a sign that says "confront me. i'm a whore" is TREATMENT for drug addiction.

daytop is a fucking joke run by drunks and addicts that can't keep their OWN bloodstream clean, much less help others do the same...
The Linchpin Link

**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
85-88
« Reply #73 on: January 30, 2007, 02:13:33 PM »
DID YOU FUCK UP YOUR TREATMENT
ARE YOU A GENERAL FUCK UP
THEN BLAME DAYTOP FOR YOUR FAILURE
WHAT A BUNCH OF PUSSYS!!!
20 YEARS CLEAN AND SOBER THANKS TO DAYTOP!!!
contact me at [email protected]
if you were in swan lake circa 86-88

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 30, 2007, 02:16:12 PM »
sadly they didn't help you with being so stupid and arrogant.  you should try to work on that.

is your name "savage" or "sewage"?
The Linchpin Link

- Troll Control