Author Topic: Swan Lake 86-87 by Savage  (Read 25812 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Swan Lake 86-87 by Savage
« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2006, 03:52:00 PM »
I'm sure they didn't last.  Anyone with ACTUAL credentials as a counselor would recognize the kind of crap Daytop dishes out as nothing more than cultish rhetoric.

You're outwitted, outclassed and outdone. :wave:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2006, 04:31:00 PM »
On 2006-02-21 12:52:00, Anonymous wrote:

"I'm sure they didn't last.  Anyone with ACTUAL credentials as a counselor would recognize the kind of crap Daytop dishes out as nothing more than cultish rhetoric.

You're outwitted, outclassed and outdone. :wave: "

That's spot on accurate.  Anybody with a degree and/or an ounce of professionalism left Daytop very quickly.  There's no science to their method.  Not even junk science.

From the perspective of professional mental health care, the Daytop program is absolutely worthless for anything except fostering dependence upon itself and creating "lifelong junkies" incapable of meaningful personal change.

I watched people there that began as counselors by graduating the program and were completely vested in its methods.  Some later went on to get an education in mental health.  The ones that became properly educated left immediately because they were exposed to facts about mental hygiene that they quickly realized were diametrically opposed to Daytop's dogma.

The bottom line is that if one understands the ethical responsibility of a mental health provider, one cannot philosophically justify employment at Daytop.  It's really that simple.  Only uneducated unprofessional hacks espouse Daytop's methodology.  They quite simply don't know any better (like this dummy, the "original poster").

If ignorance is bliss, the "original poster" is a very happy fellow.
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2006, 04:44:00 PM »
You cant stand the fact that daytop works

ANYTHING that is ethical and humane and that reduces people's suffering I would support wholeheartedly.

If, in fact, Daytop did work (which it doesn't and has been proven not to), I would support it as well.

What you are saying is that I, someone who devoted my resources to become educated and worked in a helping profession, would "hate" someone being helped.  It just doesn't get any more idiotic than that.
The Linchpin Link

**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline odie

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2006, 05:15:00 PM »
On 2006-02-21 12:49:00, Anonymous wrote:

" Hip me to the facts of what? You cant stand the fact that daytop works and you spent however much money time effort on your degree to be a "counselor" I was NEVER abused once ever. And yeah there were 2 or 3 "counselors" that came in with degrees in the time I was there none of them lasted more then a month which is typical its like sending Lebron James to go play for the New York Rangers. Aint gonna work. "

As a counselor with Daytop for over 10 years I have witnessed first hand the abuse handed out by staff members. I have seen first hand the abuse by senior staff on educated professionals. The one thing that Daytop has is a never ending wealth of residents that become staff and are blinded by misguided loyalty. The problem with recovering staff has always been the same. They are petrified by the knowledge of professional staff. It is only the few like myself that actually did the foot work and gained the same education that the professional staff have that have prospered in life.

All contemporary religions and churches, all and every kind of religious organization, Marxism has always viewed as organs of bourgeois reaction, serving as a defense of exploitation and the doping of the working-classes.
--Nikolai Lenin, Russian revolutionary

die

Offline odie

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2006, 06:32:00 PM »
Funny how everyone seems to attack DJ but they shy away from me. Can it be that I know the truth about Daytop? To the baghead who says he was never abused at Daytop I say either you lived in a bubble or didn't realize how abused you were. My first hand knowledge from both the view of a resident and a staff member spans the years 1988-2000. I worked in 6 different facilities in that time, both adult and adolescent. I've read a lot of the abuse on here handed down by Frank Lanza but I know facts about situations that make Frank look like a choirboy. I challenge anyone to prove me wrong but the facts remain and nobody will.

We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately.
-- Ben Franklin At the signing of the Declaration of Independence, July 4, 1776.

die

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 21, 2006, 06:40:00 PM »
Funny how everyone seems to attack DJ...

I'm everyone's favorite abuse dummy.  Now you know why I can get so obstreperous!

-Arnold Schopenhauer[ This Message was edited by: Dysfunction Junction on 2006-02-21 15:40 ]
The Linchpin Link

- Troll Control

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 21, 2006, 07:53:00 PM »
Hi its me the blissful sober one again. The counselors that went through and invested etc...had one thing missing they were never "out there" you cant go to school for that, and thats probably a good thing. I dont think its right that you folks are trying to put down, trash flame whatever you wanna call it something that worked for me and alot alot of other people I know becuase you may be stopping someone somewhere from getting anykind of treatment at all. You talk of statistics and dont bring up the stats of other theraputic methods only Daytop why? Is it because they are on par? Probably. will you me or anyone ever know the true stats of daytops or any others success probably never. Theres some people out there that "split" DVI and stayed staright taking with them some piece of what they learned. Most didnt unfortunately so we'll never know whose method is better more successful etc... And for what its worth I was the KING of being obstreperous,  I didnt live in a bubble at all, I was front and center in your face all day the entire time I was there from entry to graduation there were things and methods I didnt agree with and let it be known what the problem or issue was and worked with the proper people to either resole or agree to diagree and I was never once abused by anyone ever. Tell me what your problems are with Daytop let me try to explain these things to you from a successful non connected point of view. Again I have not been in contact with any one from DVI in over 15 years. Maybe I can help you get over these fears or whatever it is that has you preventing people from getting proper or any treatment. I wonder how many people that needed help read your boards didnt get treatment and died, I wonder were the compassionate humanistic qualities are in that. And by the way its very funny how both your avatars characters are green...perhaps a subconsious tip of the hat to envy?!!? hmmm
Ok lay it on me let me explain to you straight folks how a junkie gets clean for good. Come on kiddies step right up I'll get you a degree free, just like the BS I got in Management while i was in Daytop...free by the way...!

Offline odie

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 21, 2006, 08:28:00 PM »
On 2006-02-21 16:53:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Hi its me the blissful sober one again. The counselors that went through and invested etc...had one thing missing they were never "out there" you cant go to school for that, and thats probably a good thing. I dont think its right that you folks are trying to put down, trash flame whatever you wanna call it something that worked for me and alot alot of other people I know becuase you may be stopping someone somewhere from getting anykind of treatment at all. You talk of statistics and dont bring up the stats of other theraputic methods only Daytop why? Is it because they are on par? Probably. will you me or anyone ever know the true stats of daytops or any others success probably never. Theres some people out there that "split" DVI and stayed staright taking with them some piece of what they learned. Most didnt unfortunately so we'll never know whose method is better more successful etc... And for what its worth I was the KING of being obstreperous,  I didnt live in a bubble at all, I was front and center in your face all day the entire time I was there from entry to graduation there were things and methods I didnt agree with and let it be known what the problem or issue was and worked with the proper people to either resole or agree to diagree and I was never once abused by anyone ever. Tell me what your problems are with Daytop let me try to explain these things to you from a successful non connected point of view. Again I have not been in contact with any one from DVI in over 15 years. Maybe I can help you get over these fears or whatever it is that has you preventing people from getting proper or any treatment. I wonder how many people that needed help read your boards didnt get treatment and died, I wonder were the compassionate humanistic qualities are in that. And by the way its very funny how both your avatars characters are green...perhaps a subconsious tip of the hat to envy?!!? hmmm

Ok lay it on me let me explain to you straight folks how a junkie gets clean for good. Come on kiddies step right up I'll get you a degree free, just like the BS I got in Management while i was in Daytop...free by the way...!"

Let me try to break down this dribble very simply because it is unfortunately the mindset of many Daytopians. The fact that many professional staff haven't been "out there" only proves that they know how to lead a prosperous life and can teach others the right way of living. I once asked how do you know how I feel if you haven't been out there and the answer was quite simple. Feelings are universal. Just because a person didn't have the same experiences that I had doesn't mean they can't identify with feelings. It's how we behave as a result of feelings that makes the difference. Who else but someone that can deal with these feelings appropriately is able to teach those that can't or rather choose not to?
As far as the green avitar goes they didn't have one of odie so I chose Shrek because of his personality which happens to be a lot like mine. :wave:

If there is a God, he is a malign thug.
--Samuel Clemens "Mark Twain", American author and humorist

die

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 21, 2006, 08:37:00 PM »
And by the way its very funny how both your avatars characters are green...perhaps a subconsious tip of the hat to envy?!!? hmmm

Dude, you are definitely STILL GETTING HIGH.  You got a BS in something alright, Bull Shitting.

Why on earth would anybody be jealous of a halfway literate idiot?  Get a grip, black.
The Linchpin Link

- Troll Control

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 21, 2006, 09:31:00 PM »
I'll find you an Odie Avatar. Your never going to be able to explain/justify that so, because you know how to deal with feelings or so you say (now Im not being sarcastic here follow me a second) dosent mean you can "counsel" others on how to do it, especially if youve never experienced the feelings theyve encountered.
on to the next point, what about the people that are disuaded from treatment by seeing these post.
 Now I have seen people die lots of them while in DVI my best friend had an anyurism (sic) in the middle of the night and was gone (RIP Cooter) many died of aids/hiv as it was 1986 and not much was known about the disease back then, however I have never heard of Daytop actually killing anyone. If you prevent someone from getting treatment and they die you might as well be an accesory to murder. And for the record Im not black im usually indigo with crimson stipes and white stars too bad that other guy isnt (not you Odie or DJ.) By the way odie wink once if your name is Brian.

Offline odie

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 21, 2006, 09:45:00 PM »
No my name isn't Brian but it was my friend Brian that committed suicide. He was the victim and patsy of a cover up of mostrous proportions of abuse allegations that were being investigated because of a resident that complained directly to the Archbishop of NY, who just happened to be the Monsignor's boss. I personally witnessed this coverup. It was amazing to watch all these so called role models lied through their teeth at things that were happening over the years.

Save our planet; it's the only one with chocolate!

--Andi, domestic goddess

die

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 21, 2006, 10:10:00 PM »
Ya know what Odie, don't even bother.  This guy is either a troll or just so drunk on the Koolaid that he's lost all capacity for critical thought and compassion.  Reminds me of the nurse that stood around and watched the kid die over in Bay County.

btw Odie.  Nice to see you here.  All this new blood flowing around is really great.  This fight has been going on too long and some of us are growing old and weary but I feel the tide a-turning people.  Slowly but surely America may be waking up!  :smile:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 22, 2006, 09:20:00 AM »
Sorry about your friend but suicide and murder are 2 completly different things. TOo bad you guys are so vengful and cant carry on a conversation youve proved your points again and again that being you have no idea what your talking about so take care stay clean and keep comming back.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 22, 2006, 09:47:00 AM »
On 2006-02-21 16:53:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Hi its me the blissfully ignorant[/b] sober one again.

The counselors that went through and invested etc...had one thing missing they were never "out there" you cant go to school for that, and thats probably a good thing.

What?  What the hell does that mean?  :roll:

I didnt live in a bubble at all,

You're still there pal, belive me.

Tell me what your problems are with Daytop let me try to explain these things to you from a successful non connected point of view.

Non-connected?  

Maybe I can help you get over these fears or whatever it is that has you preventing people from getting proper or any treatment.

No one asked for or needs your help.

I wonder how many people that needed help read your boards didnt get treatment and died,

I wonder how many kids lives and psyches have been saved by parents reading here and seeing the truth of these places?

I wonder were the compassionate humanistic qualities are in that.

I wonder where those qualities are at all in the teen treatment industry.

And by the way its very funny how both your avatars characters are green...perhaps a subconsious tip of the hat to envy?!!?

You really are sad.

Ok lay it on me let me explain to you straight folks how a junkie gets clean for good. Come on kiddies step right up I'll get you a degree free, just like the BS I got in Management while i was in Daytop...free by the way...!"

and deluded.

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 22, 2006, 10:06:00 AM »
the BS I got in Management while i was in Daytop...free by the way...!

Free?  No, it wasn't free.  It was paid for through tax dollars collected from taxpayers like myself and given to Daytop by the government.

Don't thank Daytop, thank productive taxpaying members of our society without whom you would have not been able to afford education.

And now you're here disparaging the ones who paid for your education.  Lovely. :roll:
The Linchpin Link

- Troll Control