Author Topic: Swan Lake 86-87 by Savage  (Read 25811 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Swan Lake 86-87 by Savage
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2006, 11:39:00 AM »
On 2006-02-21 08:07:00, odie wrote:

"I don't buy into that crap about once a junkie always a junkie. If you choose to spend the rest of your life in recovery, thats's fine. I choose to look at myself as a recovered addict. If you are not in recovery but a person with a belief system that a junkie will never change, well that's fine too, but that's your opinion.

It only takes a little prescience to understand that we're all fair game for the deeds we condone.

--Antigen

"

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2006, 11:42:00 AM »
On 2006-02-21 08:39:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

Take your stepcraft cult and move along.  What's being discussed here is really quite over your head.  So sorry you've bought into the powerless myth.  Life is so much better when you wake up and realize that you actually DO have control over your own life.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2006, 11:44:00 AM »
I have six years sobriety. That is 2009 days 9 hours and 42 minute sober! All in spite of being sent away to stupid program. That is 173612568 sober  heartbeats! (see hwo far you can take this? :lol:  ) sobriety calculator The crazy world of AA/NA.

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2006, 11:45:00 AM »
On 2006-02-21 08:42:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

On 2006-02-21 08:39:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

Take your stepcraft cult and move along.  What's being discussed here is really quite over your head.  So sorry you've bought into the powerless myth.  Life is so much better when you wake up and realize that you actually DO have control over your own life."

Well said.

Stepcraft forces one to believe they have no control in their own life.  I respect Odie a great deal for breaking from that paradigm and TAKING CREDIT FOR HIS SUCCESS.

I have always bought into the model of "picking yourself up by the bootstraps," not surrender.
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2006, 11:45:00 AM »
On 2006-02-21 08:44:00, Anonymous wrote:

The crazy cult of AA/NA."

There, fixed that for ya.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2006, 11:47:00 AM »
Take your stepcraft cult and move along. What's being discussed here is really quite over your head. So sorry you've bought into the powerless myth. Life is so much better when you wake up and realize that you actually DO have control over your own life.

Yessir masta... me dum and yoo smart.. ill be movin along now sir.. if that pleezes ya masta?

Check your sarcasm detector lame-oid.....

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2006, 12:02:00 PM »
Hi me again the original poster.
SO what Im pompous that dosent mean im not right. It just seems that you folks that bash just obviously didnt get it and are hurt and bitter. too bad. When your a junkie you dont have control over your own life and need help regaining it or you probably wouldnt be a junkie.
Theres no cult folks been clean 20 years havent seen some on from daytop or been in a facility in 15 so there goes your cult theories it saves lifes. If people tht do actually need help read this crap you people post and are disuaded from going into treatment and die, then you folks are actually the cult.

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2006, 12:31:00 PM »
SO what Im pompous that dosent mean im not right. It just seems that you folks that bash just obviously didnt get it and are hurt and bitter. too bad. When your a junkie you dont have control over your own life and need help regaining it or you probably wouldnt be a junkie.

One more time for the half-wit junkie...

I am not a drug user.  I have never been a resident at Daytop.  I am a professional therapist and worked at Daytop and consequently probably know a lot more about drug treatment and Daytop than you ever will. ::bangin::
The Linchpin Link

**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline odie

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2006, 12:38:00 PM »
To the baghead that insisted on putting a 5 year recovery coin on here its fine that you need a materialistic symbol to reinforce to yourself that you are clean that long. However not everyone sees AA/NA as a solution. As a matter of fact some courts have written opinions that they are indeed religious programs despite all the rhetoric you here from them saying they aren't. Just hit up any search engine for AA and legal decisions and you can see for yourself.Oh and if get a resentment over what I'm saying, it's probably because you are so early in your so called recovery and don't understand what humility is. Practice your 10th step and call your sponsor. :wave:

I can very well do without God both in my life and in my painting, but I cannot, suffering as I am, do without something which is greater than I am, which is my life, the power to create.
--Vincent Van Gogh, Dutch painter

die

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2006, 12:49:00 PM »
On 2006-02-21 09:02:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Hi me again the original poster.

SO what Im pompous that dosent mean im not right.

True.  The fact that you don't know shit about DJ or the true meaning of Stepcraft means you're not right.

It just seems that you folks that bash just obviously didnt get it and are hurt and bitter.

Yeah, all you cultists belive that.  Anyone who dares question your dogma is automatically pegged as 'hurt and bitter'.  Far from it babycakes.  

When your a junkie you dont have control over your own life and need help regaining it or you probably wouldnt be a junkie.

Huh wha?

Theres no cult folks been clean 20 years havent seen some on from daytop or been in a facility in 15 so there goes your cult theories it saves lifes.

You just carry around you magic token for kicks, right?  Wake up!  AA/NA/SA/XA....all the same shit, uses all the same cult tactics.

If people tht do actually need help read this crap you people post and are disuaded from going into treatment and die, then you folks are actually the cult. "

Nope, we're the ones pointing out that they don't have to be deemed "powerless".  We're the ones giving them back their freedom.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2006, 03:12:00 PM »
Hi me again expalin how your giving them freedom by keeping them out of treatment? And dysfunction your really kidding yourself thinking your a counselor what a joke. You cant teach what you dont know.

Offline odie

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2006, 03:25:00 PM »
On 2006-02-21 12:12:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Hi me again expalin how your giving them freedom by keeping them out of treatment? And dysfunction your really kidding yourself thinking your a counselor what a joke. You cant teach what you dont know. "

I think it's time to start your threads with " Me high again" instead of " Hi me again" because I starting to get the impression your hitting the pipe again with these delusional rantings. As far as DJ's credentials as a counselor, I have no doubt he is an excellent one.

As men's prayers are a disease of the will, so are their creeds a disease of the intellect.
--Ralph Waldo Emerson, American essayist, poet, philosopher

die

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2006, 03:44:00 PM »
On 2006-02-21 12:12:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Hi me again expalin how your giving them freedom by keeping them out of treatment? And dysfunction your really kidding yourself thinking your a counselor what a joke. You cant teach what you dont know. "

The problem is that you're stuck in the thinking that "counselor" means "phony, high and mighty active addict/drunk that screams in my face instead of working with me to address the underlying issues that feed my drug addiction."

There is nothing therapeutic about Daytop's program.  You get verbally abused and berated, humiliated and given mixed messages.  Whether or not you succeed is totally up to how much abuse you can take and still function.

Daytop's success rate is roughly the same as no intervention at all and far lower than prison. You would have had a better chance at success by being locked up. Go figure.

I'm trying not to get into it too much with you though, man.  You're painfully ignorant and I don't have time to hip you to the facts.
The Linchpin Link

- Troll Control

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2006, 03:45:00 PM »
:wstupid: very appropriate

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2006, 03:49:00 PM »
Hip me to the facts of what? You cant stand the fact that daytop works and you spent however much money time effort on your degree to be a "counselor" I was NEVER abused once ever. And yeah there were 2 or 3 "counselors" that came in with degrees in the time I was there none of them lasted more then a month which is typical its like sending Lebron James to go play for the New York Rangers. Aint gonna work.