Author Topic: Swan Lake 86-87 by Savage  (Read 25819 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Swan Lake 86-87 by Savage
« on: February 19, 2006, 08:01:00 PM »
Sorry, this post lost
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2006, 09:05:00 PM »
Sorry, this post lost
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2006, 09:27:00 AM »
Here Ill post it again.
I cant beleive the DVI bashing that goes on in here. This place saves lives. It saved mine. If you buy into the philosophy which basically is
A) Wake up everymorning
B) respect your body and habitat
c) work
D) over come existensial fear and find meaning for yourself
you'll stay clean
Its not a cult etc
Hey if you were in swan lake or parksville circa 86-88 drop me a line
[email protected]

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2006, 09:35:00 AM »
If you buy into the philosophy...

...you've got much bigger problems than just substance abuse.
The Linchpin Link

**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2006, 11:48:00 AM »
HI Dysfunction your name says it all by the way, June 06 will be 20 years CLEAN thanks to Daytop. Sorry your still runnin
hopefully you get better one day God Bless ya

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2006, 12:02:00 PM »
On 2006-02-20 08:48:00, Anonymous wrote:

"HI Dysfunction your name says it all by the way, June 06 will be 20 years CLEAN thanks to Daytop. Sorry your still runnin

hopefully you get better one day God Bless ya"

Sorry you're still under the influence of a cult!  :wave:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2006, 12:06:00 PM »
What is it you assume he's 'running' from?  :roll:

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2006, 01:57:00 PM »
On 2006-02-20 08:48:00, Anonymous wrote:

"HI Dysfunction your name says it all by the way, June 06 will be 20 years CLEAN thanks to Daytop. Sorry your still runnin

hopefully you get better one day God Bless ya"

Aren't you a pompous ass.  I'm not a drug user, dummy.  Never was "runnin'" nor will I ever be "runnin'."

The only person runnin' here is you and you're runnin' your mouth, junkie.
The Linchpin Link

- Troll Control

Offline odie

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2006, 08:28:00 PM »
Now that wasn't very nice of you to say DJ. If this person is going to be clean and sober for 20 years I'd say that is quite an accomplishment. I guess Daytop does some good after all. Never said it was for everyone but those of us that were one step from death like I was, it was a lifesaver. Oh and I'm clean and sober over 17 years and I credit what I experienced at Daytop for still being alive. I know you will never understand that DJ but before you want to demean anybody that actually had a good experience at Daytop ponder your own words in another thread. I believe it said something like Let people live their own lives. :wave:

If you want to get together in any exclusive situation and have people love you, fine- but to hang all this desperate sociology on the idea of The Cloud-Guy who has The Big Book, who knows if you've been bad or good- and CARES about any of it- to hang it all on that, folks, is the chimpanzee part of the brain working.
--Frank Zappa, American musician

die

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2006, 09:23:00 AM »
On 2006-02-20 17:28:00, odie wrote:

"Now that wasn't very nice of you to say DJ. If this person is going to be clean and sober for 20 years I'd say that is quite an accomplishment. I guess Daytop does some good after all. Never said it was for everyone but those of us that were one step from death like I was, it was a lifesaver. Oh and I'm clean and sober over 17 years and I credit what I experienced at Daytop for still being alive. I know you will never understand that DJ but before you want to demean anybody that actually had a good experience at Daytop ponder your own words in another thread. I believe it said something like Let people live their own lives. :wave:

If you want to get together in any exclusive situation and have people love you, fine- but to hang all this desperate sociology on the idea of The Cloud-Guy who has The Big Book, who knows if you've been bad or good- and CARES about any of it- to hang it all on that, folks, is the chimpanzee part of the brain working.

"

I tend to give YOU credit for putting your life together, not Daytop.  My opinion is that you succeeded DESPITE Daytop because what they call "treatment" is just maltreatment, not therapy.

So, good job, Odie, I'm proud of you for your accomplishment.

I do get out of whack though when I criticize a program (not a person) that I know very well how it works (from the inside) and someone tells me I'm "still running."  

To me that's the ultimate junkie mentality.  Total inability to perceive things with objectivity and the desire first to hurt someone else rather than take well deserved pride in your own accomplishment or have any willingness to see there's two sides to the story.  That just shows that this guy, for whatever reason, is still living "outside of himself," and really hasn't grown in any way, he's just a junkie without the pipe - the thought process hasn't changed a bit.  

This is precisely why I say Daytop is totally unhelpful.  After 20 years his mind is no better than the day of his intake.
The Linchpin Link

- Troll Control

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2006, 09:26:00 AM »
On 2006-02-20 17:28:00, odie wrote:

"Now that wasn't very nice of you to say DJ. If this person is going to be clean and sober for 20 years I'd say that is quite an accomplishment. I guess Daytop does some good after all. Never said it was for everyone but those of us that were one step from death like I was, it was a lifesaver. Oh and I'm clean and sober over 17 years and I credit what I experienced at Daytop for still being alive. I know you will never understand that DJ but before you want to demean anybody that actually had a good experience at Daytop ponder your own words in another thread. I believe it said something like Let people live their own lives. :wave:

"

In all fairness to DJ, the guy really was a pompous ass.  He sure was making some wild assumptions about his life.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2006, 10:34:00 AM »
Hi me again the original poster. Youve uh just explained why you NEVER got it with your junkie w/out the pipe comment good work youve taken step one. Anyone thats sucessfully clean knows that their still a junkie, even if they dont get high anymore. So good job now take it to the next level.

Offline odie

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2006, 11:07:00 AM »
I don't buy into that crap about once a junkie always a junkie. If you choose to spend the rest of your life in recovery, thats's fine. I choose to look at myself as a recovered addict. If you are not in recovery but a person with a belief system that a junkie will never change, well that's fine too, but that's your opinion.

It only takes a little prescience to understand that we're all fair game for the deeds we condone.

--Antigen

die

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2006, 11:24:00 AM »
On 2006-02-21 07:34:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Hi me again the original poster. Youve uh just explained why you NEVER got it with your junkie w/out the pipe comment good work youve taken step one. Anyone thats sucessfully clean knows that their still a junkie, even if they dont get high anymore. So good job now take it to the next level. "

This is the prime example of exactly why places like Daytop RETARD PERSONAL GROWTH.

"I'm no good and will always be a junkie, even without the pipe."

Thanks, dude, you've just destroyed your own point.  Saves me the work.
The Linchpin Link

- Troll Control

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2006, 11:31:00 AM »
In all fairness to DJ, the guy really was a pompous ass. He sure was making some wild assumptions about his life.

Exactly my point about the "dopefiend mentality."  What's easier, investing the requisite time to learn the facts or making a wild, invalid assumption?  Of course, the junkie takes the easy way - the way that is no challenge to his thoughts or feelings, the assumption.  Rather than deal with the problems life presents, they get high and even when sober still have employ the "dopefiend mentality" because it allows them to avoid any effort or introspection.  This is precisely my point.  He recieved no treatment because his thought proces is just as sick as the day he put down the needle.

This guy proves without a doubt, over and over, that the "treatment" he recieved did nothing except strip his pride to the degree where he can't even allow himself to be proud of his accomplishments because he's "still a junkie" and Daytop did the work, not him.
The Linchpin Link

- Troll Control