Author Topic: HLA Is Downsizing Staff?  (Read 45405 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
HLA Is Downsizing Staff?
« Reply #435 on: May 19, 2006, 04:58:00 PM »
It is the irony...
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
HLA Is Downsizing Staff?
« Reply #436 on: May 19, 2006, 05:13:00 PM »

Why is promiscuous sex dangerous if they engage in safe sex? Is your point that homosexuatity is a disorder, or that HLA is hypocritical by treating homosexuality as a disease at the same time its owner was gay? I have the same disdain for homophobes as I do for this industry.  Many kids are incarcerated for little else than their sexual orientation. If the point of the post is to point out the irony of their gay relationship while treating homosexuality as disease that is one thing. If your point is to bash them for being gay thats something else."

I could care less what two consenting adults do in their own home. My comments center on that while HLA claimed to treat homosexuality, the owner himself and a number of staff members are openly gay.

I also find it ironic that the school prohibits students from forming any kind of real relationships with each other yet the owner is allegedly engaged in open promiscuity?

Safe sex has little to do with it, having multiple partners all at once is never a good idea.

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
HLA Is Downsizing Staff?
« Reply #437 on: May 19, 2006, 05:14:00 PM »
Sorry the above post was mine.

Offline Badpuppy

• View Profile
HLA Is Downsizing Staff?
« Reply #438 on: May 19, 2006, 09:18:00 PM »
The best indication of their true amoral character and avarice is the fact the while being gay they induced the commitment of teens claiming that homosexuatity was a disease. What a total scam. It's only redeeming feature is that any parent who sent their child there to get "cured" deserves to lose their money.

Offline MightyAardvark

• View Profile
HLA Is Downsizing Staff?
« Reply #439 on: May 20, 2006, 08:49:00 AM »
losing their money is a starting point. They deserve to lose any power or authority they might ever exercise over another human being, including their children.

Experience is that marvelous thing that enables you recognize a mistake when you make it again.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/external-search?tag=circlofmiamithem&keyword=mark+twain&mode=books' target='_new'>Mark Twain

see the children with their boredom and their vacant stares. God help us all if we\'re to blame for their unanswered prayers,

Billy Joel.

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
HLA Is Downsizing Staff?
« Reply #440 on: May 20, 2006, 05:41:00 PM »
Funny the school tries to do just that.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
HLA Is Downsizing Staff?
« Reply #441 on: May 21, 2006, 02:45:00 PM »
On 2006-05-19 13:51:00, Badpuppy wrote:

"

On 2006-05-16 17:08:00, RobertBruce wrote:

"Hmmmm if thats true it raises more questions.

Why would a school prohibit inmates from forming any sort of relationship yet its owner not only engages in a homosexual relationship (a disorder the school at one point claimed to treat) while also engaging in dangerous promiscuity?

It really would raise a few questions should it turn out to be true. "

Why is promiscuous sex dangerous if they engage in safe sex? Is your point that homosexuatity is a disorder, or that HLA is hypocritical by treating homosexuality as a disease at the same time its owner was gay? I have the same disdain for homophobes as I do for this industry.  Many kids are incarcerated for little else than their sexual orientation. If the point of the post is to point out the irony of their gay relationship while treating homosexuality as disease that is one thing. If your point is to bash them for being gay thats something else."

I don't think that by listing homosexuality as something they treat they were calling it a disease.  What was meant by that is that they helped kids who were having difficulties with their sexual orientation and were going through a difficult time with that issue.  Never in my time there was a kid treated as having a disease if they were homosexual.  Actually the opposite was true.  Kids struggling with there sexual identity were just given an opportunity to work through that issue.  Whether they were homosexual or not was not the real issue.

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
HLA Is Downsizing Staff?
« Reply #442 on: May 21, 2006, 03:44:00 PM »
Last post is a staf member.
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Lacey

• View Profile
HLA Is Downsizing Staff?
« Reply #443 on: May 21, 2006, 06:00:00 PM »
On 2006-05-21 11:45:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

"

Why would a school prohibit inmates from forming any sort of relationship yet its owner not only engages in a homosexual relationship (a disorder the school at one point claimed to treat) while also engaging in dangerous promiscuity?

I don't think that by listing homosexuality as something they treat they were calling it a disease.  What was meant by that is that they helped kids who were having difficulties with their sexual orientation and were going through a difficult time with that issue.  Never in my time there was a kid treated as having a disease if they were homosexual.  Actually the opposite was true.  Kids struggling with there sexual identity were just given an opportunity to work through that issue.  Whether they were homosexual or not was not the real issue."

Uhm, from having 2 homosexual kids in my PG, and being in the counseling sessions, I can atest that you are incorrect. Their sexual orientation and actions partaining to it were often brought up and "dealt with" in a very negative light.

Offline Badpuppy

• View Profile
HLA Is Downsizing Staff?
« Reply #444 on: May 21, 2006, 08:05:00 PM »
On 2006-05-21 15:00:00, Lacey wrote:

"

On 2006-05-21 11:45:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

"

I don't think that by listing homosexuality as something they treat they were calling it a disease.  What was meant by that is that they helped kids who were having difficulties with their sexual orientation and were going through a difficult time with that issue.  Never in my time there was a kid treated as having a disease if they were homosexual.  Actually the opposite was true.  Kids struggling with there sexual identity were just given an opportunity to work through that issue.  Whether they were homosexual or not was not the real issue."

Uhm, from having 2 homosexual kids in my PG, and being in the counseling sessions, I can atest that you are incorrect. Their sexual orientation and actions partaining to it were often brought up and "dealt with" in a very negative light. "

Could you elaborate on what the counselors say to the gay kids, how it was put in a negative light.[ This Message was edited by: Badpuppy on 2006-05-21 19:30 ]

Offline Badpuppy

• View Profile
HLA Is Downsizing Staff?
« Reply #445 on: May 21, 2006, 08:37:00 PM »
Can you tell me how the couselors kept the gay kids from becoming pariahs? How did you help them work it through? Did you encourage them to discuss this in group?

Let me help you a little with your education. If you think being gay isn't a major issue in their lives you need a reality check. How the hell could you treat the drug abuse and depression without understanding what it is like to have to either lead a double life or a life where who you are is largely subjected to derision, and scorn. Rememeber, your a kid. You can't just up and go to a gay freindly area. Being gay is a comorbid factor in probably 30% of teen suicides.

Gay kids are going to gravitate in a different social environment than staight kids. Can you tell me whats different? I am trying to see if you are competent to deal with these kids.[ This Message was edited by:  on 2006-05-21 17:41 ]

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
HLA Is Downsizing Staff?
« Reply #446 on: May 22, 2006, 12:02:00 AM »
At no point during my time were the gay kids encouraged to "accept who they were" or learn to adjust.

Offline Lacey

• View Profile
HLA Is Downsizing Staff?
« Reply #447 on: May 22, 2006, 09:04:00 AM »
On 2006-05-21 17:37:00, Badpuppy wrote:

"Can you tell me how the couselors kept the gay kids from becoming pariahs? How did you help them work it through? Did you encourage them to discuss this in group?

Let me help you a little with your education. If you think being gay isn't a major issue in their lives you need a reality check. How the hell could you treat the drug abuse and depression without understanding what it is like to have to either lead a double life or a life where who you are is largely subjected to derision, and scorn. Rememeber, your a kid. You can't just up and go to a gay freindly area. Being gay is a comorbid factor in probably 30% of teen suicides.

Gay kids are going to gravitate in a different social environment than staight kids. Can you tell me whats different? I am trying to see if you are competent to deal with these kids.[ This Message was edited by:  on 2006-05-21 17:41 ]"

Are you talking to me? I'm not a counselor. I meant in my PG as in I was a student. I never claimed to be competent to "deal with" these kids.

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
HLA Is Downsizing Staff?
« Reply #448 on: May 22, 2006, 10:11:00 AM »
I heard from a reliable source today that the new (ex) business manager that was hired to replace Bill Gray was arrested in Dahlonega for a DUI.  I'm told that this had nothing to do with his departure, but there is "more money missing."

In addition, there are still no staff whatsover for the infirmary.

Parents, let's hope your kids don't get sick or struck by a drunk driver on campus.
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Badpuppy

• View Profile
HLA Is Downsizing Staff?
« Reply #449 on: May 22, 2006, 01:39:00 PM »
The question I wanted to ask you has is if you remembered any negative comments or experiences to the gay kids. I know you are only a student. The other questions are for the anon staff member who apparently believes that being gay is not an issue.