Author Topic: HLA Is Downsizing Staff?  (Read 45195 times)

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
HLA Is Downsizing Staff?
« on: February 15, 2006, 02:33:00 PM »
Has anyone heard of any public reasons why Hidden Lake Academy is downsizing its staff?

Recently they have let go two teachers and a counselor who was just a few weeks shy of "graduating" his peer group (Bill White).

There have been rumors to the effect that HLA has become financially insolvent.  There are Ed Cons inquiring about HLA's financial stability and having reservations about placing more kids there.  There has been a persistent buzz that one of HLA's major financing sources may be going to cut them off from further funding.

Can anyone shed some light on these issues?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Short Bus

• View Profile
HLA Is Downsizing Staff?
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2006, 04:12:00 PM »
Hmmm, perhaps it's a sign of things to come? Such as HLA withering away to NOTHING!  :wave:

Offline Short Bus

• View Profile
HLA Is Downsizing Staff?
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2006, 04:13:00 PM »
Ask SHH, I'm sure she'll have a sensible, honest answer for ya, DJ...  ::bwahaha2::  :rofl:  :lol: [ This Message was edited by: Short Bus on 2006-02-15 13:14 ]

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
HLA Is Downsizing Staff?
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2006, 05:06:00 PM »
On 2006-02-15 13:12:00, Short Bus wrote:

"Hmmm, perhaps it's a sign of things to come? Such as HLA withering away to NOTHING!  :wave: "

I think you may be on to something, Bus.

In addition to the three folks I mentioned before, I've learned that three other counselors have resigned.  That's six employees in a matter of weeks.

Sounds like a classic "salary dump" and a few resignations in its wake due to corporate instability and fear that they may be next on the chopping block.

I've also heard that a significant number of kids have been sent to wilderness and to lockups as well.  Maybe HLA has jettisoned its "scholarship" kids now too.

This dovetails with the fact that their Mountain Brook Academy project is all but dead and not even on life support.  The local board smells something rotten and aren't going to make any concessions to the good doctor.  I know the up-front costs to build would have been huge.  Maybe they are in bad shape financially and can't secure the loan needed to fund MBA.

In any case, they're clearly unraveling.  We'll just have to see how far it goes.
The Linchpin Link

**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
HLA Is Downsizing Staff?
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2006, 05:21:00 PM »
Corruption usually catches up, sooner or later.

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
HLA Is Downsizing Staff?
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2006, 07:39:00 PM »
And they thought this day would never come.

Cybil Truth your thoughts?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
HLA Is Downsizing Staff?
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2006, 08:00:00 AM »
On 2006-02-15 11:33:00, Dysfunction Junction wrote:

"Has anyone heard of any public reasons why Hidden Lake Academy is downsizing its staff?

Recently they have let go two teachers and a counselor who was just a few weeks shy of "graduating" his peer group (Bill White).

There have been rumors to the effect that HLA has become financially insolvent.  There are Ed Cons inquiring about HLA's financial stability and having reservations about placing more kids there.  There has been a persistent buzz that one of HLA's major financing sources may be going to cut them off from further funding.

"

What financing sources do they have and which one is about to cut them off?

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
HLA Is Downsizing Staff?
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2006, 08:31:00 AM »
When it's made public, I'll point you in the right direction to read for yourself.  I'm not at liberty to discuss it any further at this point.

Suffice it to say, for now, that there is legitimate concern about HLA's "treatment" practices.

There is also a lender that HLA tried to engage for a loan for the construction of Mountain Brook Academy.  I have heard that the application was rejected, but don't yet know all the details (just hearsay at this point in time).  When I do, I will pass them on.

-Arnold Schopenhauer[ This Message was edited by: Dysfunction Junction on 2006-02-16 05:42 ]
The Linchpin Link

- Troll Control

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
HLA Is Downsizing Staff?
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2006, 08:43:00 AM »
What financing sources do they have and which one is about to cut them off?

Please check your PM's.  Thanks.
The Linchpin Link

- Troll Control

Offline Son Of Serbia

• View Profile
HLA Is Downsizing Staff?
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2006, 09:11:00 AM »
Let us pray that the recent financial instability and downsizing at HLA is a sign of things to come. This reminds me of the situation at Brown Schools, right before they declared bankruptcy and Cedu shut down. I hope the same happens to HLA.  

I witnessed the permanant closure of my own adolescent prison (Cedu Running Springs)last year, and the fantastic sense of relief I felt at that moment was exhilirating beyond description. It gave me the sense of closure that I was looking for. I had a newfound piece of mind in knowing Cedu wouldn't be hurting anymore kids.  Justice was finally done.

HLA is a disease that must be eradicated before the true healing can begin. I sincerely wish that everyone who suffered at HLA will one day share in my experience.

Please keep us posted DJ.

.[ This Message was edited by: Son Of Serbia on 2006-02-16 06:13 ]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
HLA Is Downsizing Staff?
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2006, 11:21:00 AM »
On 2006-02-15 11:33:00, Dysfunction Junction wrote:

"Has anyone heard of any public reasons why Hidden Lake Academy is downsizing its staff?

"

I just checked the website and Bill White's name is still there. Of course, they've been known to keep names of staff on the website who haven't worked there for decades.  Anyone know the names of the teachers who have been let go?

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
HLA Is Downsizing Staff?
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2006, 12:34:00 PM »
I gotta tell ya'll, this is astounding. Back in the day, characters like Art Barker, Steve Cartisano, Joe Ricci, Chuck Dederich and all the rest were getting big bags of money kicked down from NIDA w/ hardly any question. They were all quite hostile to phsychiatry/psychology and other conventional forms of therapy. And they had a few good arguments against them, too. But, in typical form, they took those small grains of truth and used them to justify total isolation. There were no pshrinks or professionally trained social workers or conselors involved in these programs, except as inductees.

As I've learned about the industry as it exists today, I've often wondered about you guys now working in the industry. In the early `80's, under pressure from regulators and the public, they started duping various holders of various non-medical PhD's into fronting for their programs. Dr. Hugh Burns (doctorate in education) was a prime example. Nice guy, as I recall. Totally fucking clueless as to what was going on in the group room when he wasn't there or in the host homes. But more recently, you guys actually work in some capacity directly w/ the kids.

So I've wondered how in thee hell they get licensed, credentialed professionals to play along with their mad games? What do you make of it? How can so many keep so quiet?

It's just nice to see you guys putting your heads together and exposing these sadistic lunatics. Any chance of you guys seeing if you've got some good contacts in the Cinci area? Check out http://cincinnatibeacon.com/ They've got a bad case of tyrannical altruism working there.

The line separating good and evil passes not through states, nor between classes, nor between political parties either, but right through every human heart.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0060007761/circlofmiamithem' target='_new'>Alexander Solzhenitsyn

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Son Of Serbia

• View Profile
HLA Is Downsizing Staff?
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2006, 04:12:00 PM »
On 2006-02-16 09:34:00, Eudora wrote:

"So I've wondered how in thee hell they get licensed, credentialed professionals to play along with their mad games? What do you make of it? How can so many keep so quiet? "

If there's one thing I've learned in my own business experience, it's this: Everyone has their price.  If you throw enough green around, you can get just about anyone to say whatever you want them to. For most people this is enough. It's rare, but there are those select few people out there who refuse to be bought.  Still, even they have secrets they don't want revealed, just like the rest of us.  This leads me to my next point: if you can't bribe someone, you can always blackmail them. I'm quite sure this had something to do with it.

.[ This Message was edited by: Son Of Serbia on 2006-02-16 13:13 ]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
HLA Is Downsizing Staff?
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2006, 05:18:00 PM »
Son of Serbia, great points indeed.

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
HLA Is Downsizing Staff?
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2006, 06:43:00 PM »
What if the top of the food chain there has been stuffing his own pockets with cash and driving the business into the ground?  They can't even secure the funds to build their new gulag because the balance sheet looks so bad.
The Linchpin Link

- Troll Control