Author Topic: Marilyn Manson makes Lewis Carroll movie  (Read 1225 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Marilyn Manson makes Lewis Carroll movie
« on: February 12, 2006, 05:39:00 PM »
http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20060212/en ... 0212193412

Things get curiouser and curiouser as Marilyn Manson makes Lewis Carroll movie

BERLIN (AFP) - Gothic US rocker Marilyn Manson announced at the Berlin Film Festival that he plans to direct a film based on the diary of Lewis Carroll in which he will play the part of the writer of "Alice's Adventures in Wonderland".

Manson, his hair jet-black and his face painted a deathly white, said he wanted to show the dark obsessions of the Victorian author rather than make a period film because that would be "boring".

"It is very much about his obsessions, not so much about the Victorian era. There will be sex," he told reporters.

Manson, a bete noire of moralists who fear he is corrupting the youth with his blood-stained lyrics, said he identified with Carroll and wanted to focus on the dark side of his most famous work.

"I have many things in common with him. He was very much linked to his childhood.

"I want to take the children's story that we all know and discover the horrifying roots that grow beneath every one of its childish metaphors," he said.

Through Manson's looking glass, Carroll's story becomes that of a haunted writer living in an isolated castle, tormented by sleepless nights and visions of a girl named Alice.

"He finds himself becoming a symptom of his own invention. He is Lewis Carroll. Terrified of what waits for him each night," the script synopsis presented to journalists reads.

"Lewis Carroll is far more complex than the world's narrow perception of him as a quiet deacon, mathematician and a loner, simply obsessed with photographing young girls," Manson said.

"He was possibly one of the most divided souls living in his own hell that the world has overlooked."

Alice Liddell, the young girl who inspired Carroll's greatest work and with whom he had a controversial friendship, will be played by the model Lily Cole, who has done catwalk work for fashion houses like Christian Dior and Hermes.

Manson will not only play Carroll, whose real name was Charles Dodgson, but compose the sound track for the film.

"People assume I am going to make an hour-and-a-half video but it is not the case," he promised.

He said other actors he has been considering for roles in the film include     Julie Christie and     Angelina Jolie.

"Angelina liked the idea," said the singer whose albums include "Antichrist Superstar".

The film will be titled "Phantasmagoria - The Visions of Lewis Carroll" and should be completed in 2007.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Rock&Roll Nigger

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2006, 07:45:00 PM »
A friend of mine worked sound at a club in S. Florida where Marilyn got his start, as "Marilyn Manson and the Spooky Kids".  One night after the show, he overheard Manson (nee Brian Warner)talking on the pay phone by the men's room, "No, Mom!  Pick me up around the corner from the club, not right outside the club!"   Very scary, indeed.
aby was a black sheep. Baby was a whore.
You know she got big. Well, she\'s gonna get bigger.
Baby got a hand; got a finger on the trigger.
Baby, baby, baby is a rock-and-roll nigger.

Offline Rock&Roll Nigger

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2006, 07:48:00 PM »
Actually, although he is kind of a putz, I have seen him in concert twice, and he was somewhat amusing, particularly the flashing sign behind the stage that read D-R-U-G-S.  Still, I think it's funny that he is/was such a momma's boy (he was around 30 years old at the time of the story, he's a few years older than his press releases say he is).
aby was a black sheep. Baby was a whore.
You know she got big. Well, she\'s gonna get bigger.
Baby got a hand; got a finger on the trigger.
Baby, baby, baby is a rock-and-roll nigger.

Offline starry-eyed pirate

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2006, 08:12:00 PM »
Yeah...Lewis Carrol's a trip.  I don't know too much about Marilyn Manson but I will be watchin' for this film. Thanx for the tip.
If you would have justice in this world, then begin to see that a human being is not a means to some end.  People are not commodities.  When human beings are just to one another government becomes obsolete and real freedom is born; SPIRITUAL ANARCHY.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile