Author Topic: Follow the Money  (Read 5904 times)

Offline odie

• View Profile
Follow the Money
« on: February 07, 2006, 03:16:00 PM »
This is the one area that no program like HLA wants anyone to look at. There are some pretty good debates going on here as to what HLA actually is. It sure looks like some real old school RTC to me. And I bet they get around a lot of things like licensing regulations by having parents pay tuition costs. I know of one program in New York that gets totally around licensing requirements by not taking one penny of public funds. They are funded strictly by private donations. That way they can basically do wtf they want. HLA doesn't appear to follow any of the guidelines that they claim to be, that of a traditional boarding school. Rather it seems that they are doing some kind of treatment with an educational component. One thing though that there needs to be accountability for though is the money trail. If in fact they actually are getting any money from insurance companies, it is with these insurance companies that you will find your best allies. Find out how they are able to bill for treatment sevices without being a licensed program. This is something the insurance industry won't stand for. Now Quack and Quack may ask why do I even care to comment on this subject, well it's rather easy, I don't like bullies. Especially educated ones ::noway::

Fear is the parent of cruelty, therefore it is no wonder if religion and cruelty have gone hand-in-hand.
--Bertrand Russell, British philosopher, educator, mathemetician, and social critic

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
die

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
Follow the Money
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2006, 03:24:00 PM »
Great points, Odie.  Thanks for ignoring me and getting some good info out there.
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline odie

• View Profile
Follow the Money
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2006, 03:59:00 PM »
Well I kinda felt sorry for what happened to that overlord dude after I read what happened to him so I thought I'd put in my 2 cents after some careful inquiries. I'm sure I will cross paths with you in many of these forums DJ and obviously we don't agree on a few things but hey that just makes life interesting.  :wave:

Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet.
--Napoleon Bonaparte, French emperor

die

Offline LMJ630

• View Profile
Follow the Money
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2006, 04:45:00 PM »
Hi Odie,

Just curious - which school in New York only accepts private donations?  I recently looked into a school there and am wondering if it is the same one.

Thanks  :smile:

Offline odie

• View Profile
Follow the Money
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2006, 05:46:00 PM »
Its not a school. Its a really old time RTC, still has the shaved heads and signs bit. Oh in case DJ is wondering its not the one we both used to work for.

He that will not reason is a bigot; he who cannot is a fool; and he who dares not, is a slave.
--William Drummond (1585-1640)

die

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
Follow the Money
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2006, 06:24:00 PM »
On 2006-02-07 12:59:00, odie wrote:

"Well I kinda felt sorry for what happened to that overlord dude after I read what happened to him so I thought I'd put in my 2 cents after some careful inquiries. I'm sure I will cross paths with you in many of these forums DJ and obviously we don't agree on a few things but hey that just makes life interesting.  :wave:

Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet.
--Napoleon Bonaparte, French emperor

"

Yeah, OL got the shaft.

In any case, I'm glad youre on here talking about the issues.  Yes, we haven't agreed on some things, and vehemently so.  However, it has become increasingly clearer that we do agree on a heck of a lot more things than we don't.

I also understand the limitations of this kind of dialogue.  Without the normal non-verbal cues that so much of regular comminication depends on, all words written are interpreted solely through the filter of the reader.  This can cause misunderstandings and worse.  I hope we've gotten past that part and can work towards what really matters.

I've said it many times before: It's about the kids.  I will not stop jumping up and down and screaming about it until these kids are treated with respect and allowed their dignity WHILE BEING PROVIDED REAL TREATMENT THAT WORKS.

It's nice to have another professional opinion here in the HLA threads.  Thanks.
The Linchpin Link

**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
Follow the Money
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2006, 11:42:00 PM »
For all intents and purposes, they are an RTC.

Can unlicensed programs receive federal funds from school districts? I don't have time to check, but I thought that was a requirement- the facility must be licensed.
How can they provide psych services without a license?
How can parents write off their expenses associated with traveling to see their 'mentally disabled' child who attends a private boarding school?
Why does insurance pay a part of tuition at a private boarding school?
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline juniper2

• View Profile
Follow the Money
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2006, 07:19:00 PM »
Our insurance company would not pay any
bills associated with the school, as it was not
covered.  But, HLA, in their parent documents
about declaring the tuition, etc. on our taxes??

Offline Kcmoney05

• View Profile
Follow the Money
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2006, 01:17:00 AM »
DUNKIN ROOM2

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Follow the Money
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2006, 02:29:00 PM »

Our insurance company paid only the "therapy" part.  We had the school itemize the bills.

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
Follow the Money
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2006, 02:48:00 PM »
On 2006-02-11 11:29:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

Our insurance company paid only the "therapy" part.  We had the school itemize the bills."

Did they pay for the "peer therapy" (screaming sessions)?  How about the "behavior therapy"?

I see you put "therapy" in quotation marks.  Does that indicate that you felt it wasn't really "therapy"?
The Linchpin Link

- Troll Control

Offline Bill Gray Jr.

• View Profile
    • http://HiddenLakeAcademy.com
Follow the Money
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2006, 03:47:00 PM »
Hidden Lake Academy has saved many young lives. You should show some appreciation, folks.

Offline SHH

• View Profile
Follow the Money
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2006, 04:42:00 PM »
Don't be fooled by the imposter. That is not Bill Gray. I just verified that it is not him. Somebody thinks they are being funny.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Follow the Money
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2006, 05:06:00 PM »
Like we should believe your lying ass? Fuck off you stupid bitch. I bet Bill IS monitoring this board.

Offline SHH

• View Profile
Follow the Money
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2006, 05:32:00 PM »
Im not lying. He wasnt anywhere near a computer when this was posted. Get ginger to search the source of the IP. He was not on the computer when this was posted.