Author Topic: College after CEDU  (Read 2525 times)

Offline Bean2

• View Profile
College after CEDU
« on: February 07, 2006, 01:44:00 PM »
I went to college the next day after graduating from BCA...I missed orientation just to graduate!
Anyways, I ended up dropping out after a semester because I was finally free and didn't feel like going to class. I hadn't seen any of my friends from home in 2.5 years, so I went home almost everyday (hour drive) to party and see my friends. Everyone told me to take a semester off, but I was so ready to be free and on my own I wasn't really thinking it through.

I tried college a few months later, and finally ended up joing the military to try and get myself focused again. I've taken classes and am finally going back full time this fall.

At BCA my study style changed so dramatically. I got used to having nothing to do but study at night- and having so little distractions made it really hard to adjust back into having a job, friends, parties and going to school at the same time.

Has anyone else had similar experiences or trouble getting back into a normal study and work schedudule after being so tightly watched and free from outside activities for so long?

Interested to hear your stories...
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline dniceo7

• View Profile
College after CEDU
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2006, 03:34:00 PM »
I had the exact same experience when I left BCA, only it was with a little twist.

I got pulled after my I & Me in August so I could go home and attend post-graduate school in Boston. It just didn't work out...I mean, at BCA I was on restrictions or bored out of my skull 90% of the time so it was actually a nice change to go sit and spend a few hours studying. But when I went home and started making the 45 minute commute by subway into the city every morning at 7:00 AM, I just couldn't keep it up. Not only that, but rather than study at nights, I was just like you...I wanted to be out making up for 2 1/2 years of BCA every night, partying with my friends, making up for all those months of sexual frustration. I lasted 2 months there and just quit.

A year later I decided to go to college as planned, but I was working and making a ton of money and enjoying fuckin' around with my friends, so I decided to skip college. Then things went to shit over the next 6 months as I started getting really bored with the whole 9-5 lifestyle...started doin' a lot of hard drugs again, kicked it with a pretty shady crew, ended up getting arrested twice...so I tried once more, ended up at Pepperdine, and have been doing really well here for the last 2 1/2 years.
I don\'t look at myself in the mirror because I\'m a narcissist, I simply like to watch myself exist...

Offline Bean2

• View Profile
College after CEDU
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2006, 08:46:00 AM »
Glad to hear Pepperdine is working out for you. I'm not taking classes this semester since it's my last few months in the Air Force and my last few months living on the beach in Florida. I figured this time I'd give myself some time to prepare for college (party before I go). Hopefully UNT will be a good fit for me.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
College after CEDU
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2006, 09:42:00 PM »
Even if it's not the right fit for you, college life is the shit. I mean, I'm glad you're enjoying partying up with your friends a bit, and it doesn't even need to be said that the air force is the shit (my grandpops was an officer...much love), but damn...when they say that college days are the best days of your life, they're not lying. I am having a blast out here at p'dine, I don't want it to end. Sure, sure, I'll be off to law school and have my face in a book 95% of the time in a couple years, but god damn it's fun livin' it up while it lasts.

And hey, if UNT isn't doin' it for you, there's a beautiful little thing god blessed this planet with, and it's called a transfer application :wink:

Offline dniceo7

• View Profile
College after CEDU
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2006, 09:43:00 PM »
That last post was mine...pre-gamin' wouldn't allow me to sign my name the first time.
I don\'t look at myself in the mirror because I\'m a narcissist, I simply like to watch myself exist...

Offline Bean2

• View Profile
College after CEDU
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2006, 09:01:00 AM »
Thanks for your replies... Are you on myspace? Cedu group?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
College after CEDU
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2006, 12:42:00 AM »
Yea I'm on myspace, I'm in the BCA survivors group. myspace.com/mixmastasully

Offline dniceo7

• View Profile
College after CEDU
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2006, 08:33:00 PM »
forgot to sign in again

Offline Bean2

• View Profile
College after CEDU
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2006, 11:22:00 AM »
I'm on there too. What year did you graduate BCA?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
College after CEDU
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2006, 01:42:00 PM »
I was supposed to graduate in August of '02 but they dropped me a peer group. So I ended up just getting pulled in August as soon as I got my diploma.

Offline dniceo7

• View Profile
College after CEDU
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2006, 01:43:00 PM »
God damn I never remember to sign in