Author Topic: NATSAP and John Mercer  (Read 2340 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
NATSAP and John Mercer
« on: January 31, 2006, 09:45:00 PM »
John Mercer, Mission Mountain John has served as a NATSAP Board member since 1999 having been reelected to the Board twice during his tenure. He co-founded Mission Mountain School in 1990, and is the Head of Mission Mountain School. John led Mission Mountain Schools? development of an integrated interdisciplinary model of whole person education and emotional growth specifically designed for girls. This effort led to the Pacific Northwest Association of Independent Schools accrediting Mission Mountain School in 1996. John served on the Board of Governors for the Pacific Northwest Association of Independent Schools from 1996 to 2003. He is currently President of the Montana Alternative Adolescent Private Programs (MAAPP) and was instrumental in the passage of the legislation to regulate therapeutic schools and programs in Montana. John received his Master?s of Science from the University of Montana with high honors and an emphasis on Wilderness Education. John is currently enrolled in doctoral program in the department of Educational Leadership and Counseling at the University of Montana.

REALLY SICKENING that this man has been given positions of leadership and pretends that he is much more than ... sadistic...he should not be working with children, has anyone contacted child protection services?  i think we all should call.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline katfish

• View Profile
    • http://www.cafety.org
NATSAP and John Mercer
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2006, 11:10:00 PM »
On 2006-01-31 18:45:00, Anonymous wrote:

"John led Mission Mountain Schools? development of an integrated interdisciplinary model of whole person education and emotional growth specifically designed for girls

intergrated interdisciplinary model-- that's vague...whoel person education (read: totalitarian authoritarian like model)
emotional growth?  - - terror????
specifically designed for girls (what does that mean?  what's so 'specific' about their approach?  MMS was a one size fits all confrontational approach

Oh, and yea, think CPS should be notified pretty soon, if they haven't been already-  who has written or spoke publicly about their experience?  I know Claire has and I have....

I know from speaking to you all that there are a number of you trying to get past all of it too much to want to comment on it... Silence does MEAN something, and that something is not neccesarily nuetrality...love u all.
 ::kiss::
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.
Margaret Mead

Offline DS_KH

• View Profile
NATSAP and John Mercer
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2006, 11:24:00 PM »

On 2006-02-01 20:10:00, katfish wrote:

"

Oh, and yea, think CPS should be notified pretty soon, if they haven't been already-  who has written or spoke publicly about their experience?  I know Claire has and I have....

Claire, as in redhead/strawberry blond Claire? If so, how is she?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
NATSAP and John Mercer
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2006, 12:44:00 PM »
On 2006-04-02 20:24:00, DS_KH wrote:

"

On 2006-02-01 20:10:00, katfish wrote:

"

Claire, as in redhead/strawberry blond Claire? If so, how is she? "

spoken publicly like to the press?  or just here?  on cafety.org?

Claire is in MT married, with a kid-
http://www.alternet.org/story/28832/