Author Topic: French Documentary  (Read 1481 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
French Documentary
« on: December 10, 2005, 09:44:00 AM »
Are these the French guys who had the FBI set on them at the WWASP vs PURE trial?

http://www.idfa.nl/upload/dagkrant/dagk ... %20res.pdf

Tranquillity Bay, which received its
world premiere in Amsterdam earlier
this week, explores the goings-on at
a Jamaica-based re-education camp
for troubled kids run by a Utah-based
company named WWASP (World Wide
Association of Specialty Programs).
There have been persistent
allegations of abuse at this and other
camps run by WWASP. Despite many
media exposés of their activities, the
organisation continues to make a huge
profi t from its network of ?correctional
facilities.?
The fi lmmakers were initially inspired
to make the documentary by a story
in UK newspaper, The Observer. ?Our
fi lm is about what happens in a country
that doesn?t pay enough attention to its
children,? Verboud commented.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
French Documentary
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2005, 09:58:00 AM »
More here:

http://www.idfa.nl/idfa_en_filmdescript ... lmid=25235

TRANQUILITY BAY
Mathieu Verboud
Jean Robert Viallet

One of America's best kept secrets is Tranquility Bay, an extremely strict re-education camp for youngsters, one of which is located in Jamaica. Parents are sent glossy leaflets with pleasant sounding texts to persuade them to pay $33,000 a year and hand over their troubled teens to a conglomerate founded by businessmen from Utah. The heavenly beach where the teenagers are supposedly taught some discipline turns out to be a Caribbean gulag where all contact with the outside world is eliminated, as this documentary indictment reveals.

Offline CCM girl 1989

• View Profile
French Documentary
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2005, 11:03:00 AM »
I hope it makes it here to America. I would love to see it, even though it would be upseting to me. I see those kids lying on the ground, everybody with their heads shaved. I just keep thinking, that could have been me. Had they had this facility built, I have no doubt I would have been placed there. Cross Creek Manor was bad enough, and having been placed on Bob Lichfields "Shit List" there is no doubt my things would've been packed, and I would've been cuffed, and on a plane headed straight for Tranquility Bay.
f you were never in a program, or a parent of a child in a program, then you have no business posting here.

Offline BuzzKill

• View Profile
French Documentary
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2005, 11:14:00 AM »
///Are these the French guys who had the FBI set on them at the WWASP vs PURE trial? ///

Yes.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
French Documentary
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2005, 01:05:00 PM »
what could the FBI do? They did'nt break any laws, all they were doing was exposing an extremely corrupt organization, one that apparently can sic the FBI on you if you interfere with their agenda.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
French Documentary
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2005, 08:37:00 PM »
It was a performance the WWASP administrators put on for the judge.

One could ask. What pre tell are they afraid of in a case exposing their abuse against children.

They are really big performers.

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
French Documentary
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2005, 08:59:00 PM »
I find it utterly amazing that france is *STILL* teaching this country about what freedom is and how to get it, over 200 years after the fact.

Ardent advocates of prohibition were obsessed by a zeal that bordered on fanaticism. They supported politicians who voted to outlaw liquor, no matter how much of it they privately consumed, and spurned politicians who voted against prohibition, no matter how sober they were personally.
http://www.ncpoliticalreview.com/1101/Ervin/cohen.htm' target='_new'>Sen. Sam Ervin, Preserving The Constitution

DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
French Documentary
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2005, 04:34:00 PM »
Oh, but it is misguided. It's bound to be, coming from the French. Just ask any Algerian Frenchman.

But, again, any publicity is good publicity. I would expect it to take the tone of "See? Americans eat their young!" and to be used to paint us all w/ one broad brush. But, of course, if we tolerate this (and we do, have been for decades now) without complaint, then what do we deserve?

Good Americans, my friends and neighbors, if we can't clean this mess up ourselves (as we should have done long ago), then it looks like we're fated to have the French do it for us. Is there one among us who's willing to tolerate that kind of humiliation?

All of these comforting and reasonable things were taught by the ministers in their pulpits -- by teachers in Sunday schools and by parents at home. The children were victims. They were assaulted in the cradle -- in their mother's arms. Then, the schoolmaster carried on the war against their natural sense, and all the books they read were filled with the same impossible truths. The poor children were helpless. The atmosphere they breathed was filled with lies -- lies that mingled with their blood.
--Robert G. Ingersoll, American politician and lecturer

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
French Documentary
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2005, 05:40:00 PM »
:nworthy:

...it is worth discussing radical changes, not in the expectation that they will be adopted promptly but for two other reasons. One is to construct an ideal goal, so that incremental changes can be judged by whether they move the institutional structure toward or away from that ideal. The other reason is very different. It is so that if a crisis requiring or facilitating radical change does arise, alternatives will be available that have been carefully developed and fully explored."

http://lfb.com/?stocknumber=103&code=10247' target='_new'>Milton Friedman

DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
French Documentary
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2006, 04:16:00 AM »
They got a special mention in the FIPA awards:

http://www.fipa.tm.fr/en/programmes/pal2006-7.htm

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
French Documentary
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2006, 12:49:00 PM »
If you want to see an American made film on the troubled teen industry, go see SELF MEDICATED if it is showing at a festival near you.  If not, there is talk of the film being available on DVD in the not so distant future. The screenwriter and main actor is a survivor of WWASPS holding facility Brightway.

http://www.teenadvocatesusa.org