Author Topic: Stuff you've been listening to  (Read 833573 times)

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
Stuff you've been listening to
« Reply #2190 on: June 25, 2007, 02:01:14 PM »
The Beatles - "Love Me Do"

Henry Purcell - Fantasias for viols (v)

Neil Young - "Southern Man"

Arcade Fire - "Keep The Car Running"

Stanley Clarke
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Trekker Jag

• View Profile
« Reply #2191 on: June 25, 2007, 02:21:37 PM »
Tom Waits--"Sixteen Shells From A Thirty-Ought Six", "Hang On St. Christopher", "Clap Hands", "Swordfish Trombone", "The Eartth Died Screaming", "Down, Down, Down", "In The Cold Cold Ground"
iller & Mel--Burn in Hell

Offline ZenAgent

• View Profile
    • http://www.freepowerboards.com/strugglingppl/index.php
« Reply #2192 on: June 25, 2007, 09:10:39 PM »
Sonic Youth - Daydream Nation
\"Allah does not love the public utterance of hurtful speech, unless it be by one to whom injustice has been done; and Allah is Hearing, Knowing\" - The Qur\'an

\"I\'m there to handle kids that are psychotic, suicidal, homicidal, or have commited felonies. Oh yeah, I am also there to take them down when they are rowdy so the nurse can give them the booty juice.\"

Offline ZenAgent

• View Profile
« Reply #2193 on: June 26, 2007, 04:53:48 PM »
Dinosaur jr - Beyond

Where are all the Funkateers?  Surely not down there talking to Uncle Narvin...I wouldn't piss on that fool if he were burning in the street.
\"Allah does not love the public utterance of hurtful speech, unless it be by one to whom injustice has been done; and Allah is Hearing, Knowing\" - The Qur\'an

\"I\'m there to handle kids that are psychotic, suicidal, homicidal, or have commited felonies. Oh yeah, I am also there to take them down when they are rowdy so the nurse can give them the booty juice.\"

Offline starry-eyed pirate

• View Profile
« Reply #2194 on: June 26, 2007, 09:59:27 PM »
Quote from: ""Froderik""
Quote from: ""starry-eyed pirate""
Stanley Clarke (self-titled 1974)

Bad.  I got that right here on vinyl.  On deck now.
How d'ja like hearing that? I just listened to it again..pretty good fusion.

Thoroughly dug it man.  Thanks for reminding me to get it out of the stack and spin it.  Pretty coo-ool.
If you would have justice in this world, then begin to see that a human being is not a means to some end.  People are not commodities.  When human beings are just to one another government becomes obsolete and real freedom is born; SPIRITUAL ANARCHY.

Offline ZenAgent

• View Profile
« Reply #2195 on: June 27, 2007, 11:42:02 AM »
Pink Fairies - Kings of Oblivion
Wire - Send
Self - Feels Like Breakin' Shit

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #2196 on: June 27, 2007, 01:17:11 PM »
Quote from: ""ZenAgent""
Wire - Send

How does this compare to Pink Flag?

Offline ZenAgent

• View Profile
« Reply #2197 on: June 28, 2007, 11:36:38 AM »
Wire - Send
How does this compare to Pink Flag?

Closer to that album than any other Wire album.  It's hard to believe they came back aged and decrepit with such a crunching record.  "The Agfers Of Kodak" is a muthafucka.

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #2198 on: June 28, 2007, 12:24:10 PM »
Closer to that album than any other Wire album.  It's hard to believe they came back aged and decrepit with such a crunching record.

I'm wondering have any other of those prototypical punk bands from back then made similar comebacks...

The Clash? Maybe.. nah..  

The Sex Pistols? They recently toured but played their old stuff...

The Damned? Not sure; if they did, I missed it..  

And what the fuck happened to Killing Joke.. They morphed into something so profoundly lame and unlike themselves (their early 80's selves). Did they lose a key member or something? I doubt they've put out anything good since 1982.

Somewhat off topic, Camper Van Beethoven made a nice comeback in 2004 with New Roman Times...heard that one?

Offline ZenAgent

• View Profile
« Reply #2199 on: June 28, 2007, 03:16:43 PM »
Closer to that album than any other Wire album.  It's hard to believe they came back aged and decrepit with such a crunching record.
I'm wondering have any other of those prototypical punk bands from back then made similar comebacks...

The Clash? Maybe.. nah..  

The Sex Pistols? They recently toured but played their old stuff...

The Damned? Not sure; if they did, I missed it..  

And what the fuck happened to Killing Joke.. They morphed into something so profoundly lame and unlike themselves (their early 80's selves). Did they lose a key member or something? I doubt they've put out anything good since 1982.

Somewhat off topic, Camper Van Beethoven made a nice comeback in 2004 with New Roman Times...heard that one?

Killing Joke went off the rails, definitely.  They lost half the band pretty quickly, around the time Jaz decided he wanted to croon on MTV.  Killing Joke's last album was a massive turd, thank Gawd I D/L it and didn't waste money on it.  Shit, I never even burned it to disk, just shuffled the files to the incinerator.

It's a shame, the first two Killing Joke albums are great from end to end.  Then good songs got sparse...then came Brighter Than A Thousand Suns.   ::puke::

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
audio mainline to the brain
« Reply #2200 on: June 29, 2007, 01:19:30 PM »
The Ramones - Live @ the Palladium NYC 1978

Cone of Light 1997

OK Go - "Here It Goes Again"

Offline ZenAgent

• View Profile
« Reply #2201 on: June 30, 2007, 11:12:54 AM »
The Flow - Greatest Hits  Stoner Rock from 1970-72.  "Greatest Hits" is a joke, I guess, since the album is their collected output.  Some really great stuff, though. You gotta love a band with a drummer like Steve Starer - his picture on the back of the CD shows him wearing this weird grin under his heavy beard with his eyes rolled back.  He's credited with "percussion, waterpipe".   Check it out here:
http://chrisgoesrocks.blogspot.com/2007 ... toned.html

chrisgoes whole blog is definitely worth checking out.  The guy has an amazing collection, and he shares.  Froderick, RTP, I know you guys will find some music to enhance the playing of the waterpipe.

• View Profile
« Reply #2202 on: June 30, 2007, 11:54:55 AM »
Curtis Mayfield_Superfly(v)

Rainbow_On Stage(v)
If you would have justice in this world, then begin to see that a human being is not a means to some end.  People are not commodities.  When human beings are just to one another government becomes obsolete and real freedom is born; SPIRITUAL ANARCHY.

• View Profile
« Reply #2203 on: June 30, 2007, 06:04:11 PM »
Dio_Holy Diver(v)

• View Profile
« Reply #2204 on: June 30, 2007, 06:42:18 PM »
Allman Brothers, from the vinyl, Beginnings(v)_

"It's Not My Cross to Bear"
"Balack-Hearted Woman"
"Trouble No More"

Stevie Nicks and Don Henley_"Leather and Lace"(v)

More Allmans_Jones Beach NY, 9/3/91
« Last Edit: June 30, 2007, 06:50:37 PM by Guest »