Author Topic: Tough Love- nonsense  (Read 17012 times)

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
Tough Love- nonsense
« Reply #45 on: January 25, 2006, 05:40:00 PM »
All right then, sister.  Sorry for the mistake.  I actually had someone calling me "her/she" all day today.  It happens.

I'm now out of the field totally.  I got my MBA and an engineering degree and now work in the high tech arena.  I would never go back at this point.

Can't say I ever saw the Daytop website you're referring to.  I am not surprised, however, to learn it was shut down by legal force.  Another facility I worked for before Daytop, Hidden Lake Academy, has been on the warpath to shut down critical information.  They have served two people today, three this week and six in the past four months.  They're trying to sue dissenters into submission.  So far everyone has caved and voluntarily retracted their statements.  If anyone stands up to them and it gets to the discovery phase, they're going to have some REALLY BAD PR when it becomes part of the official record.

So, are you still in the area?  I won't say on this forum because I may have to dodge the process server.  I've also recently been threatened with physical violence via some late night phone calls from folks trying to shut me up.  I've had to change my number and I'm moving to another state next month. The State Police are investigating.

If you'd like, go ahead and get a username and drop me a PM and I think we can talk more candidly.

Thanks for responding to me today.  It's brought back a lot of memories...
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
Tough Love- nonsense
« Reply #46 on: January 25, 2006, 05:41:00 PM »
Sorry, forgot to log in.  Previous post was mine.  Don't want to get Odie all riled up again accusing me of posing as you.
The Linchpin Link

**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline odie

• View Profile
Tough Love- nonsense
« Reply #47 on: January 25, 2006, 07:40:00 PM »
Awwww... I would have known it was you :lol:

You don't get everything you want. A dictatorship would be a lot
easier.
--GW Büsh, Governor of Texas. Governing Magazine, 7/98

die

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
Tough Love- nonsense
« Reply #48 on: January 25, 2006, 07:45:00 PM »
On 2006-01-25 16:40:00, odie wrote:

"Awwww... I would have known it was you :lol:

You don't get everything you want. A dictatorship would be a lot
easier.
--GW Büsh, Governor of Texas. Governing Magazine, 7/98

"

Don't go endearing yourself to me now, Odie.  I'm trying to stay mad at you.
The Linchpin Link

- Troll Control

Offline odie

• View Profile
Tough Love- nonsense
« Reply #49 on: January 25, 2006, 08:10:00 PM »
Ok so keep on hating me...lol. Interesting about that post about that Sullivan County facilty and that laying in graves stuff. I remember that incident and all the hoopla that followed because I just happened to be working at that particular facility at the time so now ya gonna really love me DJ cause you have a real live bona fide witness. I remember it all too well because the person didn't go complaining to some agency the person went straight to Cardinal O'Connor. Now that was something to watch all that squirming. Even though the grave thing never happened it did lead to a huge investigation and it looked at things that were happening there over 10 years. Of course all the big honchos denied everything and left this poor director holding the bag and he resigned rather than to be demoted.

The weavers of linen and hempen cloth, ... may exercise their trades without paying any fine.
-- Adam Smith in The Wealth of Nations (chapter X, part II) notes:

die

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
Tough Love- nonsense
« Reply #50 on: January 25, 2006, 08:38:00 PM »
On 2006-01-25 17:10:00, odie wrote:

"Ok so keep on hating me...lol. Interesting about that post about that Sullivan County facilty and that laying in graves stuff. I remember that incident and all the hoopla that followed because I just happened to be working at that particular facility at the time so now ya gonna really love me DJ cause you have a real live bona fide witness. I remember it all too well because the person didn't go complaining to some agency the person went straight to Cardinal O'Connor. Now that was something to watch all that squirming. Even though the grave thing never happened it did lead to a huge investigation and it looked at things that were happening there over 10 years. Of course all the big honchos denied everything and left this poor director holding the bag and he resigned rather than to be demoted.

The weavers of linen and hempen cloth, ... may exercise their trades without paying any fine.
-- Adam Smith in The Wealth of Nations (chapter X, part II) notes:

"

Sounds about par for the course.  Dump your garbage on the lowest ranking guy who can possibly take the heat.  Lovely.

I never heard about that (alleged) incident in particular.  However, the digging of your own grave is a popular theme in many LGAT seminars widely employed by behavior mod facilities.  It really is a common thread and I've heard about it from quite a few folks from different programs.  It's also total nonsense, as is all LGAT.  

Some call it "marathons," some call it "propheets," some call it "seminars," but it's all the same thing: dangerous "regressive" technique based on sleep and food/water deprivation to get the subject completely open to suggestion ("broken down"), and accomplish full indoctrination ("built up") into the "peer group" or "family."

I've seen this dangerous technique wielded by completely untrained, uneducated hacks and the results can be simply devastating to the subject.

Which facility was it, Swan Lake?
The Linchpin Link

- Troll Control

Offline odie

• View Profile
Tough Love- nonsense
« Reply #51 on: January 25, 2006, 08:58:00 PM »
No it was Parksville. The girl that brought that allegation brought a whole laundry list. She did have a hidden agenda for making a lot of the allegations but some things she said were true. The director at the time was a friend of mine and a few years later committed suicide. Now I don't support his choices towards the end of his life but he was one of the good ones that actually cared. What happened to him was a damn shame and this is one instance that I neither forget nor forgive. I have a love/hate relationship with Daytop. They in all probability know who I am because boards like this get monitored all the time. I don't give a damn. There used to be two other web sites that knocked them, one got shut down over some copyright infringement but the one this girl had just disappeared. Don't know what happened with it. Never heard what happened to her either.

What experiences and history teach is this-that people and government never have learned anything from history, or acted on principles deduced from it.

--G.W.F Hegel (1770-1831)

die