Author Topic: St. Pete STRAIGHT '87 anyone there?  (Read 607 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
St. Pete STRAIGHT '87 anyone there?
« on: January 29, 2006, 11:53:00 PM »
was just wondering if anyone out there was in St. Pete in '87 '88?  I'm the guy shaking Bush's hand in the photo.  

Still have nightmares..
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2006, 01:23:00 AM »
I'm not sure which photo you're talking about, but I'm glad you happened along. In `87, I was just starting to really find my legs again after getting out in late `82.

What did you make of all that at the time? I remember hearing about Nancy Reagan doing a PR tour of St. Pete when I was in. Saw the softball piece 60 Minutes did in around `84 or so. Learned more about the state of our media from that than anything else.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
--Bruce Lee

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2006, 01:44:00 AM »
I was refering to the pictures in the STRAIGHT PHOTOS topic.  I'm the newcomer shaking Bush's hand.  God what strange memories of the whole thing.  I was the only guy to give his newcomer introduction in front of the whole world.  I was in for about ten months until I started sleeping with a staff member, former prisoner as well.  I had just turned 16 she was 22.  My parents freaked out! They pulled me out of Straight and kicked me out of the house...It's been a long, long road since then.  I was just thinking it would be interesting to find some of the people from those strange days.
Todd E