Author Topic: Court Ordered?  (Read 2926 times)

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
Court Ordered?
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2007, 07:54:38 AM »
Technically speaking, I would argue that because the kid is not allowed to leave without facing charges that he/she is court-ordered to be at HLA.

I think RB is right, though, that this is merely a technicality legally, but practically speaking, any reasonable person would conclude that if one is disallowed from walking out, that person is, in effect, mandated to be there.  I think reasonable laypeople understand this concept and it speaks more to fraud than anything else.

We'll find out in a few days if it has legal merit...
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
LETS MAKE A DEAL...NOT
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2007, 07:43:37 PM »
i personally know of several kids that the only reason that they didn't walk down the road was because if they walked OFF of campus they walked INTO jail...
HLA did, does and will as long as they have the $$ take court appointed, inappropriate, violent and socially deprived kids...it is all about the dollars...that is why they accept 17 1/2 year olds when they know they have NO intention of staying past 18 for the program...cause the kid walks...the money stays!

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
Court Ordered?
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2007, 10:34:46 AM »
makes a lot of sense in that context.  thanks for the explanation.
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control