Author Topic: EMAIL NOTIFICATIONS  (Read 1712 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
EMAIL NOTIFICATIONS
« on: April 24, 2003, 11:26:00 PM »
Greetings All,
I have made significant changes in email notification for forum topics. From this point forward there is no longer a system wide setting to get any notification of the topics that you post to.

You still have the ability to get notification when there are posts to topics, you can either (when you are logged in) click the link on the bottom of the page to watch the topic (that way you do not have to post to watch a topic) or you can use the standard check box that is provided when you make a reply or create a new topic.

From this point forward, you should only get one email when a post is received in your chosen topic(s). Instead of one for every post. When you click on the link in your email, or if you read the forums you are watching (while logged in) it will reset your flag, and notify you again next time a new post is received.

Later, I will give you a place where you can see all the topics that you are currently watching,

PS: If you were currently watching topics (gettin email notification) before today, you aren't any more  :wave:   You will have to turn them back on.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
EMAIL NOTIFICATIONS
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2003, 08:08:00 PM »
Ok, I have a place where you can go to see what topics you are currently watching. In the MENU to the left of the page there is a new Item called "Watched Topics". Click that puppy and away you go.

If you are not logged in it will require you to login. If you do not do cookies you will have to login each time you view the page. If you click to stop a topic, it will remove you from the notification list, but you will need to re login to view it again. Sorry about that. I will work on it later to see if I can make it a bit smarter.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
EMAIL NOTIFICATIONS
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2006, 10:43:00 PM »
TEst of theuser delete function