Author Topic: worried  (Read 20653 times)

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
worried
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2006, 10:10:00 AM »
Yes, they are monitoring this site and they have sued several people here for posting.  That doesn't stop anyone.

If you're worried about how your child is being treated, what good is a "positive report"?  Is that going to make it OK to punish your kid for the problems he went there to help?  Get grip, lady.

Your child is being harmed, your gut tells you to go get him, but anyone's anonymous positive experience is going to make that ok?  GO GET YOUR KID.  Trust what he's telling you.  

The staff there will say ANYTHING to keep your kid there.  They'll tell you he's manipulating, that kids get worse before they get better, that he'll be deadinsoneorinjail without their program or whatever other lies they need to feed you to keep your cash.

Wake up, lady, before you have bigger problems on your hands.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
worried
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2006, 10:12:00 AM »
On 2006-01-23 07:01:00, Anonymous wrote:

"My problem with disclosing that information is that if any one at HLA is monitoring this site they may be able to figure out who my child is and I don't want them to be punished because I'm speaking out about my concerns.  I just want to know if anyone has had any positive experiences.  I tried the link to struggling teens but was unable to locate any positive reports other than the campus visit."

If you feel they will PUNISH YOUR KID for you asking questions, WHY IN HELL would you look for reasons to KEEP HIM THERE?  That makes NO SENSE WHATSOEVER.
The Linchpin Link

**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
worried
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2006, 10:15:00 AM »

"My problem with disclosing that information is that if any one at HLA is monitoring this site they may be able to figure out who my child is and I don't want them to be punished because I'm speaking out about my concerns.

Wise. Assume any anon post is from HLA. They refuse to identify themselves.
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
worried
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2006, 10:15:00 AM »
On 2006-01-23 06:10:00, Anonymous wrote:

Negative talk at the program is considered manipulation.  

That kinda gives them license to do whatever the hell they want to these kids now doesn't it.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
worried
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2006, 10:17:00 AM »
On 2006-01-23 07:15:00, Deborah wrote:

Wise. Assume any anon post is from HLA. They refuse to identify themselves."

Nah, not all of us.   Some choose to be anon to avoid the retaliation of HLA or their supporters.

Offline LMJ630

• View Profile
worried
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2006, 10:18:00 AM »
Please, PLEASE go get your child.  I am new to this site, but what I have read about HLA so far is overwhelmingly negative.  Do not ignore your gut instinct - if it feels wrong, then it's wrong.  I agree that behavioral management is not an effective way to help a child.  Anyone with basic knowledge of psychology would agree.
From what I hear, the school officials will do everything in their power to keep you from taking your child, but you are the legal guardian and have more rights than they do.

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
worried
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2006, 10:23:00 AM »
On 2006-01-23 07:18:00, LMJ630 wrote:

"Please, PLEASE go get your child.  I am new to this site, but what I have read about HLA so far is overwhelmingly negative.  Do not ignore your gut instinct - if it feels wrong, then it's wrong.  I agree that behavioral management is not an effective way to help a child.  Anyone with basic knowledge of psychology would agree.

From what I hear, the school officials will do everything in their power to keep you from taking your child, but you are the legal guardian and have more rights than they do."

Just go upthere unannounced and tell them to go get your kid and ALL of his belongings and his file.

If you encounter any resistance whatsoever to your demands, call the police immediately.  They cannot refuse to let you take your son or to give you all of his belongings and records before you leave.

There is absolutely nothing they can do to stop you.  If they try they will be arrested for falsely imprisoning your child.  They know this and will immediately fold if you tell them you are calling the police.
The Linchpin Link

- Troll Control

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
worried
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2006, 10:37:00 AM »

"My problem with disclosing that information is that if any one at HLA is monitoring this site they may be able to figure out who my child is and I don't want them to be punished because I'm speaking out about my concerns.  I just want to know if anyone has had any positive experiences.  I tried the link to struggling teens but was unable to locate any positive reports other than the campus visit."

It sounds like you are a new parent to HLA, so there are several kids in your childs Peer Group.  They would likely not be able to figure out who you  are.  Even so, HLA does not mind at all any parent asking questions.  I would advise you to take the advise of the person who said to show up unannounced, if you have that many concerns.  Ask to meet alone with your child, there will be no problem with that.  Ask to meet alone with your childs counselors.  There will no problem with that.  Ask to meet with other students who have been their for a while.  There will be no problem with that.

If you have any discreptancies between what your child is saying and what the staff are saying then I would suggest a meeting with everyone together to clear the air.

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
worried
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2006, 10:55:00 AM »
I'd be willing to bet that these kids will be put into group this week and squeezed hard to rat on eachother so that the staff can find out who's been "manipulating" their parents.  Once they single out the kid they suspect the punishment will be swift and decisive.  I personally have seen this many times.

You are correct in assuming that they will punish your child for your concern.
The Linchpin Link

- Troll Control

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
worried
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2006, 10:59:00 AM »
how old are the kids there?

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
worried
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2006, 11:04:00 AM »
I believe they tell parents "13-17" but I have seen several as young as 12 and many are forced by court order to stay past 18 as "post grads."

HLA encourages parents to have their kids declared "incompetent" before they reach 18 so they may be forced by court order to remain there.  Of course, the tuition collection never stops.
The Linchpin Link

- Troll Control

Offline juniper2

• View Profile
worried
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2006, 11:13:00 AM »
Your flags have gone up...Do not meet with
them.  Go get your child. Once you meet with
them they will know your intentions.  THey will
'grill' your child to find out what your
child said to you...Your childs' life will be
miserable after that.  Far more miserable than it is now. Trust me...Then go see an attorney,
because they will not refund your money..However,
before that, take your child to a reputable
therapist for evaluation.  Your child will need it,more than before..trust me.Also, if you are
not emotionally strong enough, take your attorney.  It will expedite things along and make
it far easier on you...YOur heart is heavy enough.

Offline juniper2

• View Profile
worried
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2006, 11:16:00 AM »
Listen to your child...only you can really hear
them...trust that, too. It is enate...trust their voice.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
worried
« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2006, 11:58:00 AM »
I agree with the general feedback so far. Don't ask for a damned thing. You are the customer wrt HLA and wrt your son, well he's your son. On top of legal authority, you have the ultimate God given authority to take him out for ice cream any damned time you please.

Don't accept just a talk, don't buy into any bullshit about breaking the magical spell by removing him from the sacred, hallowed and well guarded ground of HLA. Take him to see Ruby Falls or the Chattanooga Choo Choo or the Atlanta Underground. Demonstrate to him that you can and will remove him from the place, hear what he's got to say and BELIEVE him.

If once [the people] become inattentive to the public affairs,
you and I, and Congress and Assemblies, Judges and Governors,
shall all become wolves.  It seems to be the law of our general
nature, in spite of individual exceptions.

http://lfb.com/?stocknumber=FF7485&code=10247' target='_new'>Thomas Jefferson to Edward Carrington, 1787

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
worried
« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2006, 02:38:00 PM »
On 2006-01-23 06:11:00, Anonymous wrote:

"The information on this forum is not reliable. Do not be alarmed.  Your child is the best source of information.  Also, post on http://www.strugglingteens.com in the program section for information from other parents who CURRENTLY or RECENTLY have kids at HLA. The people on this board are living in the past- and a fantast past, at that."

aw, that's not a fair statment. it's doubtful that this ST troll has even read the hla forum.

i think s/he should read ST, Fornits, and theses too:

http://groups.myspace.com/index.cfm?fus ... 209ac55f83

http://groups.myspace.com/HiddenLakeAcademy

click 'View All Topics' to read all postings.