Author Topic: They Lied  (Read 1766 times)

Offline plymouthhell

• View Profile
They Lied
« on: June 01, 2001, 07:33:25 PM »
They Lied
I was taken by my mom and dad when I was 13 and I was quite defiant and my father whooped my ass on the way to Straight.  Once I got there and went through intake I had bruises all over me including my cheekbone that were from my dad.  DO you think Straight bothered to report this abuse even thought I told them what happened?  I think not, they might lose my parents money.  After 3 months in phase one Straight sent a letter via regular mail to my mother saying they did not think I had a drug problem, that I just needed family counseling.  Unaware of the letter and anxious to get priviliges I admitted I had a problem so I could move up, and then they told my mom that they changed their minds and I did have a problem.  Wish I knew about that letter at the time, I was so close to freedom.  I ended up bolting 7 times.  One of the times I was chased by the 5th phasers saying I was going to be a prostitute if I left and a whore.  What a frigging nightmare.  I will never forget the snapping of the fingers.  COOL MAN DUDE.  Plymouth, MI 1987.

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
They Lied
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2001, 11:15:50 PM »
Welcome
Ayuh, they lied.  

If there's a worse idea going than locking kids up for victimless crimes, it's probably locking them in close proximity to some tyrannical altruist bent on helping them even if it kills them.
http://trebach.org/conference.html

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline ladyjerrico

• View Profile
They Lied
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2002, 08:56:00 PM »
To: plymouthhell I remember all those "brainwashing" tactics that they put us through in Plymouth, I was there from Apr. of 1990 to Nov. of 1990. I will never forget the "snapping" of fingers either. My 2nd right finger is permanently bent because of it :sad: It doesn't hurt, it just looks very deformed when I straighten it out.
I was told that if I left after 2nd phase when I was 18 I would be on the street using drugs again. I told them that I would NEVER use again, and it's been 11 years since I've used drugs and during that whole time only been to AA twice.
There is a higher power but I don't think even God himself would be happy with what we went through.
I only made it to 2nd phase, I never copped out, but I did count my time there.
My biggest complaint was not watching TV, radio or any sort of news story. What if there was a major issue in America? We would have never known.
The teacher at Straight didn't know algerbra, I barely passed that class only 2 other people in Straight knew algerbra. I wasn't getting educated and I wasn't "aware" of the worldly issues that someday would effect me.
This place was unrealistic in their practices and their "rituals" in daily routine.
We survived, and I suppose, that is all that matters.. I know the nightmares are hard to deal with, but we have a better life now. I'm glad that place closed, they were begging to be shut down
usan Minns

Offline kaydeejaded

• View Profile
They Lied
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2002, 04:12:00 PM »
It is is crazy to to think about but when I "left" Straight and was told we were at war I was like WHAT??? WAR? We were never even told about Desert Storm. Wow! War! now that is something to be kept informed about in my opinion.
or those who understand, no explanation is necessary; for those who don\'t, none will do

Offline ladyjerrico

• View Profile
They Lied
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2002, 04:52:00 PM »
I felt the same way you did, I never knew about desert storm either. My father was the one to tell me and when I asked my good friends, they told me "where have you been? under a rock?" I felt stupid and insecure, I didn't want them to know I was at rehab.
I was thinking about this the other night, I think the reason why they kept us from TV, radio and media stories is because I think they (Striaght) might have had a lot of bad publicity with people who went there, a lot of lawsuits were filed according to what I've seen on the internet.
I feel it was a cover up and they certainly wern't going to subject us to that!
usan Minns