Author Topic: a taste of the next article....  (Read 3066 times)

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
a taste of the next article....
« on: January 13, 2006, 01:11:00 PM »
Just a tease for you....because I luv ya!

"after that, Seed officials sent for his parents in order to begin one of the more extreme treatments for those who are slow to convert.  While the entire staff watched, Pat's father obeyed the supervisors' orders.  He tried to whip The Seed's credo of love into his teenage son.

A pinched look comes over Pat's face when he talks about the incident.  He can remember fighting with his father and  suddenly seeing blood on the man's lip.  He can still see his mother standing in a crowd of smiling Seed teenagers.  She was crying.  Pat's father, who even now tells the story over involuntary tears, says that after the public beating he went to the nearest bathroom and vomited."

Notable that this happened in Ft Lauderdale, not in St Petersburg, where I can personally attest to it occuring there on at least two occasions as well, and yes a girl came back to group with a black eye, and yes a song was ordered to cover up the beating one guy was taking by his father in the Morgan yacht warehouse behind group in the big room right behind.  I was there, and I was terrified. After he was beaten by his father at the direction of staff, the entire group was told that it could happen to anyone.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline WWFSMD

• View Profile
    • http://www.venganza.org/
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2006, 01:19:00 PM »
No fair teasing!  :grin:  Post it dammit, post it!!  :tup:

I am sick unto death of obscure English towns that exist seemingly for the sole accommodation of these so-called limerick writers -- and even sicker of their residents, all of whom suffer from physical deformities and spend their time dismembering relatives at fancy dress balls.
--Editor of the Limerick Times
(Limerick, Ireland)

bey your Noodly Master

Emancipate from mental slavery

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2006, 01:21:00 PM »
Sorry, don't have time right now...I have to hand transcribe these articles and I am at work.

Good stuff, eh?

:grin:

Offline WWFSMD

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2006, 01:22:00 PM »
Bringing back memories long buried.  Great stuff Greg.  :smile:

There is something feeble and contemptible about a man who cannot face life without the help of comfortable myths.
--Bertrand Russell, British philosopher, educator, mathemetician, and social critic

bey your Noodly Master

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2006, 01:26:00 PM »
Just the imagery alone of the guy fighting off his father's blows, while the mom stood there crying with the teenage-seed-staff , all smiling seed robot-style...brings a shudder to my spine.

I just don't understand how some people have 'forgotten' this stuff.  It stayed etched in my memory for 25 years before I started openly discussing this topic again.

Some people claim to have found 'love' in the seed. Others found terror.

Offline WWFSMD

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2006, 02:54:00 PM »
On 2006-01-13 10:26:00, GregFL wrote:

"
I just don't understand how some people have 'forgotten' this stuff.  It stayed etched in my memory for 25 years before I started openly discussing this topic again.

I haven't forgotten any of the abuses I suffered. Your article just brought back more that I haven't thought about in years regarding the Seed and how much influence and power they had at my family before I was even aware of it.  I have however seemed to have forgotten a lot of the little details.  I'm amazed when I see people come on who were in there with some of the same people who witness first hand accounts of abuse and they continuously disregard it or have some such bullshit that it wsa "necessary in order to save her life."

Sad comment on the misinformation that parents were not aware of.

btw...what year did Seed open in St.Pete?  Was it in the Milton Yacht place or somewhere else?
bey your Noodly Master

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2006, 03:19:00 PM »
The seed opened in the Morgan Yacht building late June, 1973.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2006, 03:46:00 PM »
Wow, that was in Lauderdale? What year? Thom, were you there then?

Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't.
-- Anonymous

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2006, 06:15:00 PM »
I will post the article in its entirety tomorrow.

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2006, 04:21:00 PM »
Correction I think.  I said the Seed opened in Late June of 73. I have seen varying reports on this, but it was definitely either late May or Late June.  I will tell you this, I went in on July 4, and already there were about 500 kids there.  St Pete was on the edge of its seat waiting for the place to open.  Almost immediately the place was packed, and within 2 months it swelled to 700 and even at one point roughly 1000 kids.

This was probably the best time to be a seedling because it was possible to kind of hide out in group.  I got real good at that.   :wink:

Offline FueLaw

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2006, 04:49:00 PM »
At the same time St. Pete was opening Dade was beginning to close. Barker got into a pissing contest with local politicians and lost. Seemed like Barker wanted lots of $$$ and free use of a facility(Tropical Race Track) but no accountability. Then Metro Dade Mayor Jack Orr would not back down and by fall of '73 Dade closed and moved up to and merged with Broward. It seems like about 1/2 the kids, the lucky ones, left the program never to be heard from again. [ This Message was edited by: FueLaw on 2006-01-16 13:50 ]

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2006, 05:51:00 PM »
One day soon I am going to post what went on with Miami and Art Barker.  It is a sordid little interesting story...