Author Topic: Questions about HLA  (Read 3867 times)

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
Questions about HLA
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2006, 12:32:00 PM »
Where else is he employed?

NGSCU
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Questions about HLA
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2006, 12:36:00 PM »
China Town.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Questions about HLA
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2006, 12:37:00 PM »
What does that have to do with the price of rice in China?

Offline HLA Truth

• View Profile
Questions about HLA
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2006, 12:37:00 PM »
On 2006-02-02 09:32:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

Where else is he employed?

NGSCU"

Your right.  He teaches some classes over there.  He is very smart and very good at what he does.  HLA is fortunate to have someone of that quality.

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
Questions about HLA
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2006, 12:48:00 PM »
BTW...What test would you perform to determine if a student is ODD?

Typically a patient needs to be interviewed and his or her medical history must be reviewed as well.  Testing for ODD is not usually done, however testing to rule out other disorders MUST be done to achieve a differential diagnosis.  The patient MUST be evaluated for mood disorders, psychosis or other phenomena, as ODD can ONLY be diagnosed in the absence of mood disturbances.  So, it stands to reason that ALL of your patients should be tested.

Additionally, ODD is overwhelmingly (85% or more cases) a diagnosis of children under age 10.  This leads me to believe, along with the fact that HLA does not test patients for mood disorders, etc. in the course of making an ODD diagnosis, that the label of ODD is being incorrectly applied to teenage patients for the sole purpose of making money.

It is very disturbing that your practices don't correlate with mainstream professional thinking and conduct on the matter of ODD.
The Linchpin Link

**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Questions about HLA
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2006, 01:02:00 PM »
On 2006-02-02 09:48:00, Dysfunction Junction wrote:

This leads me to believe, along with the fact that HLA does not test patients for mood disorders, etc. in the course of making an ODD diagnosis, that the label of ODD is being incorrectly applied to teenage patients for the sole purpose of making money.

Sole purpose? I don't think so. No doubt, there's a huge pile of money involved. But I never did think that was the primary force driving the industry. If you just want to rook a lot of people out of a lot of money, there are a million different and better ways to do it. Anything from timeshare scams to pyramid marketing would do the trick and you wouldn't have to mess w/ kids heads and families to do it.

No, the driving force behind this industry is something much worse than good old green backs. It's misguided altruism. At the bottom of it, they hate kids. They trot out a perfectly clinical sounding bit of lingo to try to justify their hatred. But, at the end of the day, they just hate kids; especially those who dare to criticize them.

There is nothing on earth intended for innocent people so horrible as a school.  To begin with, it is a prison.  But it is in some respects more cruel than a prison.  In a prison, for instance, you are not forced to read books written by the wardens...School was to me a sentence of penal servitude.
--George Bernard Shaw

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline LMJ630

• View Profile
Questions about HLA
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2006, 01:19:00 PM »
Eudora, I absolutely agree.  Although I don't think most of them realize that they hate kids, or they convince themselves that they don't; otherwise, how could they live with themselves?  (Maybe I just don't want to believe that they are that unconscionable.  Maybe some of them are.)

I just don't understand how Len Buccellato, who is highly touted and, some people say, a good person, can just turn his back on what is happening at his school.  There is no way he doesn't know what is happening.

HLA Truth, I'm not sure if this has already been answered somewhere else, but I am wondering in what capacity you serve HLA.  Teacher, counselor, other staff?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Questions about HLA
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2006, 01:24:00 PM »
Was HLA really that bad? Come on guys, next topic. :roll:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Questions about HLA
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2006, 01:25:00 PM »
On 2006-02-02 09:37:00, Anonymous wrote:

"What does that have to do with the price of rice in China?"
Huh?? Answer the question!

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
Questions about HLA
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2006, 07:50:00 PM »
LMJ630 asked:

HLA Truth, I'm not sure if this has already been answered somewhere else, but I am wondering in what capacity you serve HLA. Teacher, counselor, other staff?

I just don't feel like this is too much to ask of someone who puts herself out as an expert on the subject of treatment.

You've been asked numerous times, politely, I might add, to answer this simple question.  You asked me my credentials and I let you know without hesitation.  What's the big deal?
The Linchpin Link

- Troll Control

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
Questions about HLA
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2006, 10:07:00 PM »
On 2006-02-02 06:04:00, HLA Truth wrote:

"

On 2006-02-02 05:48:00, Dysfunction Junction wrote:

"

As I understand it, the psyche community still holds that ODD is a legit dx, but has been badly misunderstood and far too broadly applied. According to the manual (what's it called, DJ?)

It's called the DSM (Diagnostic and Statistical Manual).

The problem with "ODD" is that it is used as a "catch-all" by places like HLA to apply a dx to a kid who really has no psychiatric disorder at all.  

If they fight with their parents, defy school authority, beat up their little brothers, etc., they are LABELED (not diagnosed, as HLA does no psychological testing whatsoever, but rather issues a "diagnosis" based on the parents' description of junior's behavior) "ODD" so that there is a "reason" for the parents to shell out the $7000.00 per month.

It's just a label applied to kids to justify extracting huge sums of money from the desperate parents.

"

Actually, HLA does an extensive ammount of testing now.  They have a full time tester who has a Doctorate in Psychology (from an APA accredited universtity).  I admit that they did not have a testing program established when you were employed at HLA over 10 years ago."

I was there long after Dysfunction and I was never tested.

When are you going to answer the questions put to you?

Its not like its a test right?

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
Questions about HLA
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2006, 10:18:00 PM »
My son was not pre-evaluated. He was dx'd on the spot by staff. I asked what they based the dx on to which they replied, "His father's complaints". According to his father, he had 5 of the 6 'symptoms' of ODD. What a crock.
Now, how many traditional boarding schools are in the business of dx'ing potential 'problem' students? Technically speaking, if a facility is providing that service, wouldn't they indeed fall into the RTC catagory?
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Questions about HLA
« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2006, 01:17:00 AM »
This site is a bunch of B.S ..

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Questions about HLA
« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2006, 08:05:00 AM »
Yeh? Well, you do have the option of staying over at the Hyde forum. We won't miss you.