Author Topic: Parents and the Lies HLA Told Us  (Read 6963 times)

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
Parents and the Lies HLA Told Us
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2006, 02:47:00 PM »
On 2006-01-16 11:23:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

On 2006-01-16 11:10:00, juniper2 wrote:

"Have you sent this list to ISAACORP?"

They will need evidence that each claim is stated by the institution to be true (or provided by Hyde) and evidence of false claims (or evidence to the contrary)

Example:

That they don't strip search?

Where is this stated by Hyde (brochure, contract etc.) and evidence that it is being done (current or ex students) for each discrepancy.  

Otherwise ISAACORP will file the info under disgruntled persons"

Hey, dummy.  In your eagerness to defend that shitty school, Hyde, you posted on a thread about Hidden Lake Academy.

Nice job.  :roll:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2006, 02:48:00 PM »
On 2006-01-16 11:04:00, juniper2 wrote:

"All the above and more...And, I just heard

they are building another HLA...?  Frightening.."

Which items in specifc, Juniper, were you told that turned out later to be completely false?

Please list them from your experience.
The Linchpin Link

**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2006, 03:07:00 PM »

They will need evidence that each claim is stated by the institution to be true (or provided by HLA) and evidence of false claims (or evidence to the contrary)

Example:

Where is this stated by HLA (brochure, contract etc.) and evidence that it is being done (current or ex students) for each discrepancy.

This goes for a grevience against any Corporation or institution (you can Replace HLA above with Hyde,Ford Motor Company, Microsoft etc.

Hope this helps

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2006, 03:16:00 PM »
On 2006-01-16 12:07:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

They will need evidence that each claim is stated by the institution to be true (or provided by HLA) and evidence of false claims (or evidence to the contrary)

Example:

Where is this stated by HLA (brochure, contract etc.) and evidence that it is being done (current or ex students) for each discrepancy.

This goes for a grevience against any Corporation or institution (you can Replace HLA above with Hyde,Ford Motor Company, Microsoft etc.

Hope this helps

"

No, it doesn't.  Unless you were strip searched by Ford Motor Company.

What a dope.
The Linchpin Link

- Troll Control

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2006, 03:28:00 PM »
****No, it doesn't. Unless you were strip searched by Ford Motor Company.

What a dope.****

If Ford states that it does not strip search and you have evidence that they do.  Then they can be reported.  Anyone can be reported for strip searching.

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2006, 04:27:00 PM »
Let's get back to that list.  Which of these items (or others) were you told that proved to be untrue?

Did they tell you, perhaps, that they don't accept court-ordered kids?

That they have never had incidents where staff members had sex with minors under their care?

That staff members who had sex with minors on campus would be/have been fired?

That the campus is drug free?

That the kids don't have intercourse with one another?

That they follow the guidelines of the accrediting agency?

That they are licensed to provide mental health care?

That they have never had any suicide attempts?

That the patients are supervised around the clock?

That they don't lock the patients inside the dorms at night, including locking widows and emergency exits?

That they don't use forced labor as punishment?

That they follow their own rules regarding sending patients to "wilderness"?

Thanks for staying on topic.
The Linchpin Link

- Troll Control

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2006, 06:33:00 PM »
About unauthorized strip searches...

Sunday, October 9, 2005 E-mail this  |  Print page

A hoax most cruel

By Andrew Wolfson
http://www.courier-journal.com/apps/pbc ... /510090392

What's the difference between what this guy did and what places like HLA do?

He who laughs lasts
--Crazy Mac

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2006, 07:57:00 PM »
On 2006-01-16 15:33:00, Antigen wrote:

"About unauthorized strip searches...

Sunday, October 9, 2005 E-mail this  |  Print page

A hoax most cruel

By Andrew Wolfson

http://www.courier-journal.com/apps/pbc ... /510090392

What's the difference between what this guy did and what places like HLA do?

He who laughs lasts
--Crazy Mac

"

The only difference I can see is that Mcdonalds doesnt come out and say "We dont do Strip searchs" its doesnt appear (from the article) they have addressed or have policy on, where as, according to a previous post (list of things HLA advocates), HLA assures parents that they dont perform strip searchs and then they do it, which is an indication that HLA has a policy of strip searching but are lieing to the parents.  

Mcdonalds has a problem with one store manager.  
HLA apparently has a systemic problem and is not following their own policy.

HLA should either take a more open approach and define how and when strip searchs are performed and then relay this information openly to the parents (via written policy/procedures) or abandon the practice altogether.  Any other way leaves them exposed to litigation in my view.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2006, 09:03:00 PM »
Did you read the whole article? This went on for something like 9 years. The scam worked in some hundred or more fast food outlets. It's not just a McDonald's problem, it's industry wide.

And what he did seems to me very, very similar to what these programs do. Think about who their staff are and about the authority that long-term inmates have over the new kids. All of these horrible things that keep happening, they happen at the volition and with some manner of approval by the entire student/staff body. More often than not, these kids believe (at least somewhat) that what they're doing or watching w/ nominal approval, is "the right thing"; just like those dumb assed fast food managers who thought they were following the lawful orders of an officer.

I think it's a fascinating story w/ huge implications to this industry.

I do not believe in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.

--Thomas Carlyle

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline juniper2

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2006, 11:17:00 PM »
Once again, it is stated in their parent handbook that HLA does not take court ordered children....HLA does not tell the parents that
the children are to be strip searched..the handbook only states ...drug testing(urine sample)...We are told they will be doing light
chores such as raking, cleaning up during
restrictions.  There is nothing relating to carrying rocks and medium boulders around..
It was assumed PT included push-ups,sit- ups,
running,etc.. not what was happening.
It was not a military academy.  Power does
strange things to even good people, if one buys
into the system....

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2006, 10:57:00 AM »
Okay...I will answer these.

Court-ordered-  There are no kids that are sentenced to HLA.  There are kids who the courts are allowing to go to HLA in leiu of being sentenced elsewhere and upon successful completing of the program will have their charges dropped.  It is a matter of semantics, I know.  But they are not technically "court ordered" to HLA.

Strip Search-  Yes.  STrip searched are done.  Always have been, to my knowledge.  Any denial of this is a lie and someone is not doing their job.

Sex with staff-  I am aware of three rumors, no facts.  Two rumors have to do with staff and students after both have left HLA.  This is not AT ALL appropriate, but it did not happen while they were under the direct care of HLA.  I am aware of one rumor of a staff having sex with a girl while she was at HLA.  This has been ivestigated and,to my understanding, HLA can find no truth to the rumors other than people saying, "well I heard something happened, but I don't know for sure."

Drug free campus-  HLA's campus is largely drug free.  There have been times when kids have snuck drugs on campus, despite the fact that strip searches are done.

Students having sex with each other-  HLA keeps very close tabs on its students.  There have been kids have sex with each other, however, durign the almost 11 years of it's existence.  It is rare though.

Accrediting agency guidelines-  HLA is accredited by SACS and follows their guidelines.

Licensed for mental health care- No.  HLA is not under any state license other than being accredited by several accrediting agencies.  

Suicide attempts-  While extremely rare, there have been suicide attempts on campus.  There have been no successes.

Locked inside the dorms-  The doors are locked from the outside, to keep people out.  You can easily push the door open to get out in case of an emergency.  There are at least three exits to each dorm.

Forced Labor as punishment-  Kids do hard work as a consequence.  Chopping woods, clearing dead branches, stacking fire wood, minor landscaping.  HLA hires a professional landscaping crew for the major jobs.

Wilderness-  Yes they follow their own rules regarding sending the students to wilderness.  Who elses rules would they follow?  If a child runs away, harms or severely threatens someone else, or brings drugs onto campus, they will go to wilderness.  

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2006, 11:41:00 AM »
One more question.  In what capacity are you affiliated with HLA?

Court-ordered- There are no kids that are sentenced to HLA. There are kids who the courts are allowing to go to HLA in leiu of being sentenced elsewhere and upon successful completing of the program will have their charges dropped. It is a matter of semantics, I know. But they are not technically "court ordered" to HLA.

This is called being "mandated" into treatment.  And, yes, it is by court order.  Of course nobody is sentenced to HLA.  They are, however, mandated by the court to be there and former patients have reported that the staff exercises considerable, shall we say, "leverage" over kids that face criminal charges for splitting treatment.

Strip Search- Yes. STrip searched are done. Always have been, to my knowledge. Any denial of this is a lie and someone is not doing their job.

During my employment at HLA there were no strip searches performed.  This was not policy.

Parents report that these strip searches are not disclosed before enrollment.  Parents have reported asking specifically "Do you strip search?" and were told directly that HLA does not perform strip searches.

Sex with staff- I am aware of three rumors, no facts. Two rumors have to do with staff and students after both have left HLA. This is not AT ALL appropriate, but it did not happen while they were under the direct care of HLA. I am aware of one rumor of a staff having sex with a girl while she was at HLA. This has been ivestigated and,to my understanding, HLA can find no truth to the rumors other than people saying, "well I heard something happened, but I don't know for sure."

I personally have heard from young women who were allegedly the victims of sexual harrassment and inappropriate "come ons" from staff.  I am in contact with a young woman who reports she had an ongoing sexual relationship on campus with a male staff member.

Are you saying that HLA performed an investigation of sexual abuse claims by a patient?  Why would they have not called the police to investigate a sexual assault by a staff member on a patient?  This is astounding negligence and blatant disregard for the rights of the victim.

Drug free campus- HLA's campus is largely drug free. There have been times when kids have snuck drugs on campus, despite the fact that strip searches are done.

Kids have reported that they were able to obtain drugs from staff members in exchange for clothing items.  When I worked there kids broke into a staff member's vehicle and found his marijuana stash, which they promptly smoked right there on campus.

Students having sex with each other- HLA keeps very close tabs on its students. There have been kids have sex with each other, however, durign the almost 11 years of it's existence. It is rare though.

It has been reported by a number of kids here and on other websites that the supervision is so lax in certain areas that they can readily have sexual intercourse without being caught.  Keep in mind that this is unprotected sex that can lead to STD's including HIV and pregnancy, as birth control and condoms are "contraband."

Accrediting agency guidelines- HLA is accredited by SACS and follows their guidelines.

This has been abundantly proven false.  Especially in the area of student rights, including ready access to a non-HLA faculty to whom abuses may be reported.  There are no phones and the kids are prohibited from reporting abuses to anyone other than HLA staff, who immediately dismiss the complaint and dole out punishment for "manipulating" or "lying."

There is no mechanism by which kids can report abuse.

Licensed for mental health care- No. HLA is not under any state license other than being accredited by several accrediting agencies.

HLA is an unlicensed treatment center.

Accreditation has nothing to do with licensure whatsoever, but is often used as "evidence" that the "program" is overseen by some entity.

Suicide attempts- While extremely rare, there have been suicide attempts on campus. There have been no successes.

This doesn't seem to jive with the stories of former patients, nor does it jive with my personal experiences.

I have never heard of a "successful" attempt, thank God.

Locked inside the dorms- The doors are locked from the outside, to keep people out. You can easily push the door open to get out in case of an emergency. There are at least three exits to each dorm.

Patients claim windows are locked from the outside.  This takes away the only avenue of escape from fire from each individual room and happens to be illegal.

Forced Labor as punishment- Kids do hard work as a consequence. Chopping woods, clearing dead branches, stacking fire wood, minor landscaping. HLA hires a professional landscaping crew for the major jobs.

This is hardly the extent of the forced labor regimen.  Your statement that kids do any landscaping shows that their forced labor is of benefit to the business.  That's illegal.  Kids cannot be used as a source of labor for jobs normally handled by paid employees or contractors.

What about scrubbing dumpsters with a toothbrush or moving rockpiles back and forth?

Wilderness- Yes they follow their own rules regarding sending the students to wilderness. Who elses rules would they follow? If a child runs away, harms or severely threatens someone else, or brings drugs onto campus, they will go to wilderness.

Parents are provided with the "rules" regarding transfer of a patient to "wilderness."  Several parents have complained that these rules were not followed in the cases of their children.

Thank you for your time and attention to answering some of these questions.  It is sincerely appreciated.

-Arnold Schopenhauer[ This Message was edited by: Dysfunction Junction on 2006-01-26 15:17 ]
The Linchpin Link

- Troll Control

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2006, 12:05:00 PM »
My observation-
It appears the person answered the questions as accurate and honestly as they could.  There did not appear to be any gross avoidance or denial.

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2006, 12:19:00 PM »
On 2006-01-17 09:05:00, Anonymous wrote:

"My observation-

It appears the person answered the questions as accurate and honestly as they could.  There did not appear to be any gross avoidance or denial."

Please read the threads.  These questions have been asked several dozens of times for over a year or more.  This is the FIRST response, even though it wasn't exactly truthful or accurate.
The Linchpin Link

- Troll Control

Offline juniper2

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2006, 02:32:00 PM »
Sex on Campus- The select few that have been caught, within say the last year, were having
sex in the gymnasium bathrooms. There were restriction consequences/ Ridge Creek...

The children were getting cigarettes from 'conract workers', working on the new buildings, etc.  They also got cigarettes from
the night staff...feeling sorry for the children.
I was not told by any children that the staff gave them actual drugs....