Author Topic: Happiness, Un-American Style  (Read 1352 times)

Offline `

• View Profile
Happiness, Un-American Style
« on: May 22, 2005, 09:20:00 AM »
http://www.allaboutsurf.com/0409/articl ... /index.php

this is part of an interview of Thomas Campbell regarding his new surf movie, Sprout:

RS: Were there lessons you learned traveling and filming with all those people?

Thomas: I would say, probably the simple ones. How happy people are, in general, in most                                                         other places in the world [outside the U.S.]. Some just have very simple lives, and their main motivation                                                         isn't necessarily predominantly monetary. It's a really harsh contrast... Especially when we'd go off to                                                         foreign places, and, coming back home, I'd be thinking, gosh, people are really not that happy here. People,                                                         in general, are so motivated by what they need to get, and think what they need to get is going to make them                                                         happy. It's like the carrot before the people's, or the horse's, mouth, ya know. I think that's the main                                                         thing that I learned, and I think that, I dunno, maybe it's time to move away. Move to one of those places                                                         and live a mellower life.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2006, 05:01:00 PM »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2006, 05:01:00 PM »