Author Topic: "if you don't, she will die"  (Read 12920 times)

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
"if you don't, she will die"
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2006, 09:46:00 AM »
Me too Jalong.  I was so ready to go home and so emotionally spent from being seperated from my famiy, and also from being convinced it was all my fault.

I think Julie that you are probably correct...that Suzie was really there for you as much as she could be in that context.

There were undoubtedly good people and good things that happened.  To deny that would be just as big an error as to claim that nothing negative ever happened.  Nothing is black and white.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline cleveland

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2006, 10:20:00 AM »
JaLong, Marshall, Marc:

I so much appreciate reading your postings. I think all of you are able to keep in mind the fact that the Seed was essentially a bunch of kids (and a couple of adults) packed into an emotional pressure cooker - and some reacted better than others. I had a great oldcomer. He was a funny, intellegent, hard-working kid from a large Irish Catholic family from Cleveland's West side working class neighborhood. He could sing beautifully, he told hysterical stories, and he worked his ass off as a construction worker. He was also a real hard ass about Seed doctrine, which made my home life, moral inventories, etc. a real hell. I understand he has become a massage therapist, which kind of freaks me out - he was super macho.

I always heard about Susie Connors. People would reminisce about her beauty, gentleness, kindness - or sometimes would talk about what a hard ass she was. I understand that she was adopted by Art and later died of cancer. That seems so sad to me, even though I never met her.

I also think of Evie, who was a staff member. She was so sweet natured, so pretty, and so kind. But she could also be really Seed-tough too. When I started working at a hospital she was really intrizued, she ended up becoming a nurse and drifted away from the Seed. Maybe that was her big break to be her own person.
ally Gator

Offline wtaylorg

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2006, 11:25:00 AM »
Hey cleveland:
Unless I'm wrong Suzie Connors didn't die, Suzie Barker did. You remember Suzie Connors? A smallish redhead with sharp features. She left about a yr or so before me and I left in '85. She worked at the credit card place as an exec. I remember seeing her in the weekend raps when I first moved down there in '82 and I saw her regularly there for at least 2 yrs.

After I hadn't seen her around in a while I find it ironic that one day she was on my list to call about the Safecard insurance and she answered the phone and I thought I recognized that voice, and I looked down and saw her name.
At that point I said I had to go, she might have told me she already had the protection. :eek:)
I never knew Suzie Barker. Wasn't she Art's niece? maybe TK could shed some light on that.
I have read a few postings about staying at the "house" recently My recollection is how everyone got to stay at the "house" except me. I wasn't asked to "watch the house" until shortly before I left. Funny how I was never trusted the whole time I was there to do something as simple as that. But hey I stayed. right?

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2006, 11:37:00 AM »
I sure wish Suzie Connors would show up here...

Cleveland, you did have the two confused.  Suzie Connors was never adopted by Art, that was Libby, and Suzie Barker was some relative of Arts, like his neice or something.

Offline marshall

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2006, 12:41:00 PM »
Now I'm confused too. I distinctly remember Suzie Connors but I don't recall her having red hair. I do remember a staff member named Darlene that had bright red hair though. I never knew Suzie Barker at all. I had a nice oldcomer too. We remained close friends for years after we both graduated the program.
Truth, being limitless, unconditioned, unapproachable by any path whatsoever, cannot be organized; nor should any organization be formed to lead or to coerce people along any particular path. You must climb towards the Truth. It cannot be \'stepped down\'

Offline Johnny G

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2006, 01:07:00 PM »
I seem to remember Suzie Connors having red hair;  Cleveland, I think you must have seen her a few times;

Wtaylorg, I was a regular watcher of the house - I did it all the time! it was better than football at the beach (for one as athletically challenged as I am) or trying to hide in the group.  I remember at least 2 houses.  

I also have to echo what Cleveland said about the paradox - I also think some of my oldcomers, and some of the staff were sincere and genuinely cared about me when I was on the program and afterward, I also had the idea that we were helping people, etc.

Offline marcwordsmith

• View Profile
    • http://www.marcwordsmith.com
« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2006, 02:37:00 PM »
If I'm not mistaken, Suzie Connors had light brown hair, kind of curly I think. She was kind of pretty, but more than that she had a certain sensuality about her that was extraordinary. She was nice to some people and atrocious to others.

Darlene was the sharp-featured skinny little redhead. I remember her vaguely as being perpetually pissed off.

Suzie Barker was just a gem of a person. As far as I know, she was never mean to anyone. If she was ever mean, I never saw it. Of all the Seed staff, she would be the one I'd most love to talk to today, but she is deceased, as I've heard from Lauderdale and others.

My oldcomer was a sadistic egomaniacal piece of shit.

Offline Ft. Lauderdale

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2006, 03:22:00 PM »
Darlene had short red hair.

Suzie C. might have had a light red tint in there you know like lady clariol or something. She had brown hair. ::bigsmilebounce:: [ This Message was edited by: Ft. Lauderdale on 2006-01-20 12:23 ]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 20, 2006, 03:33:00 PM »
Also big news alert ...no adoption ever took place.  She just changed her name.  Kind of like a rebellion thing against her parents. I believe. ::hehehmm::

Offline Ft. Lauderdale

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 20, 2006, 03:38:00 PM »
WTaylor check private messages

Offline Johnny G

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 20, 2006, 04:24:00 PM »
I stand corrected - the color faded over time - or just old guy disease

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 20, 2006, 06:17:00 PM »
Lauderdale is correct...Suzie Connors had long black/brown hair.

However, I believe,and the story was, that Libby was indeed adopted by Art and Shellie.  True or not I don't know, but at the time it sure was claimed to be.

Maybe that honesty thingy wasn't working just right....

Offline marshall

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 21, 2006, 02:02:00 AM »
On 2006-01-20 08:37:00, GregFL wrote:

"I sure wish Suzie Connors would show up here...

Yeah, me too. We have GOT to find out if she is or is not a red head! I mean...was she naturally red and then used coloring or maybe naturally brown and dyed her hair red? Will we ever really know? Only if she shows up here and tells us herself...or maybe links us to a picture...or webcam. And...was Robert really a black man or was that just a clever disguise? What was the story behind Art combing his hair like Count Dracula? Did Terry peroxide his hair? Did Libby wear a thong? Stay tuned.
Truth, being limitless, unconditioned, unapproachable by any path whatsoever, cannot be organized; nor should any organization be formed to lead or to coerce people along any particular path. You must climb towards the Truth. It cannot be \'stepped down\'

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 21, 2006, 09:53:00 AM »
I am fairly certain that 'thongs' hadn't even been thought up yet.

Damn, there was no internet...cable tv was a new invention..no cell phones...no wifi.

We were downright primitive!

:grin:

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #44 on: January 21, 2006, 11:18:00 AM »
Only her hairdresser knows for sure.

The hypothalamus is one of the most important parts of the brain, involved in many kinds of motivation, among other functions.  The hypothalamus controls the "Four F's": 1. fighting;  2. fleeing;  3.feeding; and  4. mating.
-- Psychology professor in neuropsychology intro course

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes