Author Topic: Hamas Palestine  (Read 3305 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Hamas Palestine
« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2006, 09:38:00 AM »
just for some perspective here are some of the cartoons aimed against jews from arab media. this stuff is all relatively recent from the past few years.

source with more info: http://www.jcpa.org/phas/phas-21.htm

I'm not picking sides, but the hypocrisy of the arab world is unbelievable.

::armed::
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Hamas Palestine
« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2006, 10:08:00 AM »
Way back in the dark ages during Gulf War I under GHW Bush, I walked into the local sand store for some smokes. There was this big dumb red neck in line ahead of me. He was not a regular. As he was making his purchase, he saw fit to hold forth for a moment on something about blowing up all the A-Rabs. Kazi was not an Arab. He and his brother were from Pakistan. But, to some people, a sand nigger is a sand nigger.

So I took the opportunity to inform the dumb red neck of a project I was undertaking at the time. Many people have never even noticed this, but there are a good many documents in circulation bearing Arabic signs and symbols. If you look closelely at federal documents, you'll find just about all of them that you come across have these designs embellished right into the design. The symbols, usual Aribic numerals, are often located near the corners of some common US Federal documents. And I told the guy to keep a close watch for these and to bring them to me for disposal.

The dumb red neck cocked his head slightly to the side like a confused cocker spaniel puppy. Kazi and his brother got a good laugh out of it. Kazi very timidly said to me "Ya' know, some people think that Israel is a client state of the US." "Nah", I said, "It's not like that. The US is a client state of Israel. If we were calling the shots, I wouldn't be living in a cruddy little apartment in this part of town, I'd have myself one of those $300k guaranteed home construction loans just like immigrants to Israel get." (this was before we were allowed to even think about criticizing the settlements)

I think the cartoons are spot on. Unlike the No. Korean ones that regularly depict No. Korean soldiers riding rockets into our capital, the Palestinian cartoons depict Israel and the US killing a lot of Palestinians for God, money and oil.

Do you think Native Americans, 500 years after the influx, have some right to autonomy, soverignty and self government here in America? I do. Well, only 58 years ago, the great powers of the world decided that the people who had lived in Palestine for thousands of years didn't really need all that land and Europe was none to fond of the Jewish folks who had fled the Ottoman Empire some generations prior. And so they just up and started kicking those people out of their homes and towns and moving European immigrants into them. And they called it good. They called it God's will, Manifest Destiny and all that.

There are at least two sides to every war. If your litmus test for mideast conflicts is [your favorite faction] can't be wrong, you'll go wrong most of the time.

God is the Asylum of Ignorance.
--Baruch Spinoza, Dutch-Jewish philosopher

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Hamas Palestine
« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2006, 11:38:00 AM »
Great post Ant... I mean Eudora. Ya know, I often think about the conflict between idealism and the reality of the world we live in. I too believe American Indians were wronged, their land stolen, exterminated through various intentional and non-intentional means and they certainly got the shaft. However, I do not think idealism is going to stop these types of actions. As a student of history, I find it hard to believe the human psyche is going to change anytime soon. Sure, we can develop technologies and tools and pretend we are more advanced -- but in reality, what has changed in the last thousand, two thousand years of 'western' civilization? Humans are doing the same shit we've always done, just with different technology, different arguments and religious beliefs to supports one's efforts. Personally, I think technological advances have actually reigned in a 'worse' form of warfare, or even worse than warfare -- state sanctioned murder, ie. stalinism. But like they say... ya gotta take the good with the bad.

I too believe there are two sides to any argument, and I trust that most people who are willing to die and fight believe what cause they are fighting for in some fashion. I think this has always been a historical given, even including mercenaries to some extent. It's not hard to divide people and make them hate each other. That much is painfully obvious.

So I don't think this is anything new. Israel/Palestine's actual land mass is miniscule. You can drive north to south in a few hours, east to west in even less. I wonder why so much attention is brought to this conflict. There are many other conflicts going on right now that are taking many more lives than this.

In my very cynical opinion, I see this conflict leading to a larger war. How can it not? What historical basis can one find to support the idea that peace will spread throughout the area? I can't find any example of this.

Add on top of all of this, that a large portion of this world believe the land of Israel is some how special, or more holy than any other part of the Earth, and you get a recipe for a disaster. How many people in the US govt. believe in rapture and all that stuff? How many Jews believe in the return of the Messiah? How many arabs believe this also? These are the people who are fighting over the area. And, of course, the children of those people who just happened to be born in that area -- who might not believe these things -- are caught right in the middle. Then they grow up hating the opposite side. And more immigrants believing the crazy fables of holyland, etc... come in and start the cycle all over again.

Anyways... theres no point to this rant.

I found the arab symbolism thing interesting... because it reminded me of the flight 93 memorial. (which I think is being re-thought now)

Hmm... that remind you of anything?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Hamas Palestine
« Reply #33 on: February 03, 2006, 11:41:00 AM »
Personally, I don't think either brand of cartoon is right, both sets are factually incorrect and will only breed more hatred. But hey... what's new?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Hamas Palestine
« Reply #34 on: February 03, 2006, 11:53:00 AM »
Not saying either one is right but come on.  Its a goddamn cartoon!!!?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Hamas Palestine
« Reply #35 on: February 03, 2006, 11:53:00 AM »
In Turkish Movie, Americans Kill Innocents

ISTANBUL, Turkey (AP) - In the most expensive Turkish movie ever made, American soldiers in Iraq crash a wedding and pump a little boy full of lead in front of his mother.

They kill dozens of innocent people with random machine gun fire, shoot the groom in the head, and drag those left alive to Abu Ghraib prison - where a Jewish doctor cuts out their organs, which he sells to rich people in New York, London and Tel Aviv.

"Valley of the Wolves Iraq" - set to open in Turkey on Friday - feeds off the increasingly negative feelings many Turks harbor toward their longtime NATO allies: Americans.

The movie, which reportedly cost some $10 million, is the latest in a new genre of popular culture that demonizes the United States. It comes on the heels of a novel called "Metal Storm" about a war between Turkey and the U.S., which has been a best seller for months.

One recent opinion poll revealed the depth of the hostility in Turkey toward Americans: 53 percent of Turks who responded to the 2005 Pew Global Attitudes survey associated Americans with the word "rude"; 70 percent with "violent"; 68 percent with "greedy"; and 57 percent with "immoral."

Advance tickets are already selling out across Turkey for the film, which has dialogue in Turkish, Arabic, Kurdish and English. In addition to Turkey, the film is set to be shown in more than a dozen other countries - including the United States, Britain, Germany, The Netherlands, Britain, Denmark, Russia, Egypt, Syria and Australia.

The movie's American stars are Billy Zane, who plays a self-professed "peacekeeper sent by God," and Gary Busey as the Jewish-American doctor.

U.S. soldiers have become hate figures in Muslim countries around the world after the unpopular war in Iraq. But here in Turkey, a personal grudge fuels the resentment.

"Valley of the Wolves Iraq" opens with a true story: On July 4, 2003, in Sulaymaniyah, northern Iraq, troops from the U.S. Army's 173rd Airborne Brigade raided and ransacked a Turkish special forces office, threw hoods over the heads of 11 Turkish special forces officers, and held them in custody for more than two days.

The Americans said they had been looking for Iraqi insurgents and unwittingly rounded up the Turks because they were not in uniform. Still, the incident damaged Turkish-U.S. relations and hurt Turkish national pride. Turks traditionally idolize their soldiers; most enthusiastically send their sons off for mandatory military service.

In the movie, one of the Turkish special forces officers commits suicide to save his honor. His farewell letter reaches Polat Alemdar, an elite Turkish intelligence officer who travels to northern Iraq with a small group of men to avenge the humiliation.

There they find a rogue group of U.S. soldiers led by officer Sam William Marshall - played by Zane. In the bloodfest that ensues, the small band of Turks bonds with the people of Iraq and eventually ends American atrocities there, killing Zane and his men in the final scene.

"The scenario is great," Istanbul Mayor Kadir Topbas told The Associated Press after the film was shown at a posh opening gala Tuesday night. "It was very successful. ... a soldier's honor must never be damaged."

But Topbas and other Turks at the premiere weren't too concerned about how the movie would be perceived in the United States.

"There isn't going to be a war over this," said Nefise Karatay, a Turkish model lounging on a sofa after the premiere. "Everyone knows that Americans have a good side. That's not what this is about."

---

Associated Press Writer Selcan Hacaoglu in Ankara contributed to this report.

http://apnews1.iwon.com/article/20060203/D8FHL1Q81.html

---

This is why I think there will end up being a larger war. They are making movies about American soldiers being cold-blooded murderers. Hollywood is about to start making a bunch of 9/11 and Iraq movies showing Arabs as cold-blooded murderers.

I have to say, from a historical perspective it's interesting to experience in person the events of today. I feel like the stage is being set for something bigger, and bloodier on the horizon.

Something of which I want no part of. But it seems like a large portion of the world does.  ::unhappy::