Author Topic: Selling Out  (Read 2976 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Selling Out
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2006, 07:17:00 PM »
On 2006-01-09 15:47:00, GregFL wrote:

"I don't think it in any way compensates her for her time, webspace, published articles, interview time, and other things she has done to bring this issue to light.

You are real good at throwing stones..what have you done..if anything?  And yes, all sorts of websites have google and then google throws ads based on the content.  I have seen atheist websites with christian ads...christian websites with "jesus never existed" websites advertised.

Again, this whining just demonstrated an ignorance on how web advertising works..

Don't like it?  Call Google, yahoo and the other internet players.  You are complaining about the wrong person and doing it in a childish reactionary way.

"

Speeking of interviews, didn't your step father help found the seed.  How have you treated those that tried to interview you about it?  Just cause your daddy helped create an abusive program doesn't make you a rock star.

Nice try on the hack job asshole, this system is protected, but keep tring shit head.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Selling Out
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2006, 08:03:00 PM »
Timmy, you have no idea what you're talking about. Yeah, people have given me cold hard cash money to help pay for this site. You should thank and patronize all of my customers, including the Presby Church. They all know about this site and none of them seem bothered by subsidising it. At least it keeps me chained to the desk so I'm here anyway when they call for tech support or service upgrades.

The one time I asked for financial help was when I put a large collection of WWASP court transcripts up, it caught on like All Your Base and I was hit w/ a couple of $200 - $300 bandwidth bills in a row (bandwidth bills on top of my normal monthly server fees) I would have paid it myself, too, but I was just that flat broke at that time. Soon as it was covered, I posted to the same place to thank everyone and let them know the crisis was handled, please stop sending money.

I host other free sites as well. Haven't sent Wes a bill in forever. Dude's old, retired and, wth, it's only a couple of bucks a month. Never charged Jan anything for pharmacraticinquisition.com. That started out as just a little bitty databasing project to list employers who do not piss test their employees.

I have never asked for nor gotten anyting even approaching the cold hard cash money I've spent on this, let alone the time.

Here's the interesting part. The people who pony up and pitch when I'm in distress, they may sometimes question my actions and policies, disagree with me on important issues and even sometimes do it in a hostile tone. I have no problem with that. But they don't demand that I do things their way or try to flood, spam or otherwise vandalize the server.

The google advertisers can, if they're savvy, just simply pull their advertising from this site. You? You just bitch and try to tear things down. You don't even understand what your breaking or why.

Now just settle down and start your own goddamned web forum if you don't like the way I'm doing it.

The Mann family was only one of a host of influential voices being raised against the traditional reading instructions in the most literate nation on earth.
http://www.johntaylorgatto.com/chapters/3n.htm' target='_new'>John Taylor Gatto

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline webcrawler

• View Profile
Selling Out
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2006, 08:37:00 PM »
On 2006-01-09 15:53:00, Reagan Youth wrote:

"People have sent donations to ginger to help support her finances.

People have offered to send donations and she turned them down.

If she dicontinues the google ads, I'll donate money to help cover the costs.

can you debate without insults?

I can insult too you fucking faggot.
"

I think it's great you are willing to donate $$$. However, there may be some that donate $$$ and then feel as they have a right to dictate how this site runs.

Not only that how long will people be willing to donate $$$ to Ginger? When the donations run dry where should she go from there?

Google is only putting ads up based on words here that match their search criteria. It's not Ginger putting up the ads.

This is not directed at you specifically RY, but it's one thing to disagree with Ginger and it's something entirely out in left field for people to come here and threaten her life, threaten her family, call her degrading names, and demand she abide by other's sense of right and wrong.

If Ginger were to give into every single demand of ours this website would be a chatioc and disorganized mess. She can't please all the people all the time.

If anything I'm greatful to find this place and other sites because I have got to reconnect with people and meet new friends. The ads churn my stomach  as well, but in the end I have the power to come and go on this site, just as when Brat Camp was on TV and I didn't turn to that channel.

No one is forcing anyone to be here. Maybe a compromise can be made and Ginger can post in large letters at the top saying she does not necessarily support advertised programs and for people to read around on the website to make their own decisions. There could also be a blurb that it's Google that controls the ads, not her. Then again this is Ginger's site, not mine and she can continue to run things as she pleases.
am looking for people who survived Straight in Plymouth, Michigan. I miss a lot of people there and wonder what happened and would like to stay in touch.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Selling Out
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2006, 11:54:00 PM »
On 2006-01-09 17:03:00, Antigen wrote:

"Timmy, you have no idea what you're talking about. Yeah, people have given me cold hard cash money to help pay for this site. You should thank and patronize all of my customers, including the Presby Church. They all know about this site and none of them seem bothered by subsidising it. At least it keeps me chained to the desk so I'm here anyway when they call for tech support or service upgrades.

The one time I asked for financial help was when I put a large collection of WWASP court transcripts up, it caught on like All Your Base and I was hit w/ a couple of $200 - $300 bandwidth bills in a row (bandwidth bills on top of my normal monthly server fees) I would have paid it myself, too, but I was just that flat broke at that time. Soon as it was covered, I posted to the same place to thank everyone and let them know the crisis was handled, please stop sending money.

I host other free sites as well. Haven't sent Wes a bill in forever. Dude's old, retired and, wth, it's only a couple of bucks a month. Never charged Jan anything for pharmacraticinquisition.com. That started out as just a little bitty databasing project to list employers who do not piss test their employees.

I have never asked for nor gotten anyting even approaching the cold hard cash money I've spent on this, let alone the time.

Here's the interesting part. The people who pony up and pitch when I'm in distress, they may sometimes question my actions and policies, disagree with me on important issues and even sometimes do it in a hostile tone. I have no problem with that. But they don't demand that I do things their way or try to flood, spam or otherwise vandalize the server.

The google advertisers can, if they're savvy, just simply pull their advertising from this site. You? You just bitch and try to tear things down. You don't even understand what your breaking or why.

Now just settle down and start your own goddamned web forum if you don't like the way I'm doing it.

The Mann family was only one of a host of influential voices being raised against the traditional reading instructions in the most literate nation on earth.
http://www.johntaylorgatto.com/chapters/3n.htm' target='_new'>John Taylor Gatto

"

I don't know what your talking about.  I agreed to take this argument to the web hosting forum but now that post is gone.  It's not here or there.  Will you keep your word about deleting entire users.  
I'd like to request that my username, profile and all posts be deleted from this web site.
How do you want to verify that it's really me asking?

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Selling Out
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2006, 02:47:00 AM »
On 2006-01-09 17:37:00, webcrawler wrote:

No one is forcing anyone to be here. Maybe a compromise can be made and Ginger can post in large letters at the top saying she does not necessarily support advertised programs and for people to read around on the website to make their own decisions. There could also be a blurb that it's Google that controls the ads, not her. Then again this is Ginger's site, not mine and she can continue to run things as she pleases.  "

Done did it already. I was actually writing the disclaimer when the flood hit.

Look, believe me, it's not that I need the money. It's that I want to find out what happens. I think the context around here, being a mixed bag as it is, will dilute or even reverse the efficacy of certain advertising. Not just the troubled parent industry, either. I hit one the other day for inmate phone systems and monitoring. Don't recall the name offhand, but if I were to see it in some innocent context (as, say, sponsoring the rescue of cute fuzzy bunnies) it would ring a bell. Then there are the ads for cool shit, like vaporizors or (not to put too fine a point on it) web forum softwear and service. I don't think anything around here will hurt those sales.

I hope it will prove out to a worthwhile amount of money and that it does perform as I expect otherwise. Either way, I'll put down a report about it.

There's only one party on Capital Hill and it's the bipartisan spending party.
http://www.cagw.org/' target='_new'>Tom Schatz, president of Citizens Against Government Waste

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes