Author Topic: VQ information and their website  (Read 10986 times)

Offline Dr Gerald Davidson

• View Profile
VQ information and their website
« on: August 26, 2005, 04:59:00 PM »
http://www.vq.com/alumni_home.htm

LOL, they also have an employment section for all wround jobs available in the U.S.

Browse through their site, I did. I am actually thinking of calling them up and asking if they also provide a splitee section for all the sucessful splitees like myself.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
am A Elan psychiatrist and Marty Kruglik\'s gay lover

Offline Dr Gerald Davidson

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2005, 05:06:00 PM »
352 Marshallton-Thorndale Road
Downingtown, PA 19335
(610) 486-2280

I just called VQ and asked them if they still punch students in their faces if the student trues to run away. The staff member on the phone wanted to know who i was , and I told him I was a sucessful splitee.
He then started to get angry with me becuase I wouldnt tell him my name and I asked him again if the practice of punching students in the face is still used.
He then hung up the phone.
LOL :lol:
am A Elan psychiatrist and Marty Kruglik\'s gay lover

Offline The Elan Reporter

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2005, 10:40:00 AM »
On 2005-08-26 13:59:00, Dr Gerald Davidson wrote:

"http://www.vq.com/alumni_home.htm

LOL, they also have an employment section for all wround jobs available in the U.S.

Browse through their site, I did. I am actually thinking of calling them up and asking if they also provide a splitee section for all the sucessful splitees like myself.
"

Please do check out VQ's website, everything is mostly a lie. They really know how to sell their services and make it seeem believeable to gulable parents.
fArt Warshitsky sucks dicks!!!

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
Re: VQ information and their website
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2009, 07:46:46 PM »
Here's an Abstract from the National Criminal Justice Reference Service. It's pretty old (1979); I'm not sure the full-length doc is readily available.

-------------- • -------------- • --------------

NCJ Number     62694
Title:    WAGON TRAIN FOR TROUBLED KIDS
Author(s):    P PROCTOR

Corporate Author(s):    St Louis Cty
United States

Sponsoring Agency:    St Louis Cty
MO

Publication Date:    1979
Pages:    3
Origin:    United States
Language:    English

Annotation:    A PROGRAM FOR JUVENILE DELINQUENTS IS DISCUSSED IN WHICH RESPONSIBILITY IS LEARNED THROUGH WILDERNESS LIVING ABOARD A WAGON TRAIN.

Abstract:    TUCSON-BASED VISION QUEST (VQ) CONTRACTS WITH ARIZONA, NEW MEXICO, AND COLORADO TO PROVIDE AN ALTERNATIVE FOR REFORM SCHOOL FOR DELINQUENT TEENAGERS. RACIALLY MIXED TEENAGERS, 12-18, ARRESTED FOR CRIMES INCLUDING PROSTITUTION AND BURGLARY, WHO CONTINUE TO BE INCORRIGIBLE IN INSTITUTIONS, ARE PLACED BY VQ IN SMALL GROUP HOMES IN THE COMMUNITY, OR ON RANCHES. THERAPY INCLUDES COUNSELING WITH THEIR OWN FAMILIES, AND OUTDOOR VENTURES, INCLUDING A WAGON TRAIN TRIP FOR SOME. THE FOUNDER OF VQ CLAIMS THAT WILDERNESS TRIALS GIVE ADOLESCENTS A CONFIDENCE- AND RESPONSIBILITY-BUILDING RITE-OF-PASSAGE INTO ADULTHOOD. FIFTY PERCENT OF THOSE GOING THROUGH VQ PROGRAMS DO NOT REOFFEND, AS OPPOSED TO 20 PERCENT OF THOSE INSTITUTIONALIZED. DAILY TESTS OF STRENGTH AND ENDURANCE ARE PROVIDED ON THE WAGON TRAIN. TEENAGERS SLEEP IN TEEPEES, RISE AT 5:30 A.M. TO CARE FOR ANIMALS AND WAGONS, AND TO BEGIN THE DAY'S JOURNEY OF 25 MILES. COUNSELORS ARE EX-POLICE AND ATHLETES. TOWNS ON THE WAGON TRAIN'S JOURNEY ARE USUALLY VERY FRIENDLY. ONE JUVENILE COURT JUDGE CLAIMS THAT THE SIMPLE, NECESSARY TASKS IN WILDERNESS LIVING AND CARING FOR ANIMALS INSTILL AN UNSHAKABLE SENSE OF RESPONSIBILITY. IN ADDITION, COUNSELORS ENCOURAGE THE TEENAGERS TO TALK ABOUT THEIR ANGER AND PROBLEMS, OFFERING THEM EMOTIONAL SUPPORT.

Index Term(s):    Alternatives to institutionalization; Arizona; Colorado; Community based corrections (juv); Juvenile correctional facilities; Juvenile delinquency prevention; New Mexico; Supervised liberty; Wilderness programs; Youth camping programs

To cite this abstract, use the following link:
http://www.ncjrs.gov/app/publications/a ... x?ID=62694
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline The Elan Reporter

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2010, 01:24:50 PM »
I heard from a little birdie that some old VQ staff had a unpleasant run in with a certain some bodies at a certain time. Are you a former or worse yet current VQ staff?? You should repent and apologize to your victums. You never know when a nightmare can turn into reality!
fArt Warshitsky sucks dicks!!!

Offline ladyblade91ws

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2010, 12:26:38 PM »
Quote from: "The Elan Reporter"
I heard from a little birdie that some old VQ staff had a unpleasant run in with a certain some bodies at a certain time. Are you a former or worse yet current VQ staff?? You should repent and apologize to your victums. You never know when a nightmare can turn into reality!

Offline ladyblade91ws

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2010, 12:34:53 PM »
Quote from: "The Elan Reporter"

Sorry, my text got deleted.

Yes, if you have ever been a staffer then you do need to repent and ask for forgiveness for your part in such abuse!  Whether you actively engaged in the torture or you just stood by and did nothing.

From late 1983-1985 I spent 15 months in VQ (12 months in Wilderness Camp East, 2 months on the East Coast/Fox Trail Wagon Train, and a month at Pathfinders Wilderness Camp) and the reason I spent so long at WCE was due to the unending torture and torment afflicted upon me!  I had two knee surgeries (from two separate "confrontations"), a concussion which led to hospitalization, tendons in both wrists torn, both front teeth knocked out, the capilliaries in my forehead burst from aphyxiation, and countless bruises, contusions, abrasions, etc.  And that isnt even going into the pure emotional and mental torment each day!  I was used to that sort of abuse and much worse though so I could just shut down when they came at me...

I thank God that He has put professional caring therapists in my life to help me truly heal from all of my traumas.  But to think that I and how many others suffered at the hands of these staffers?? And in the name of "rehab or therapy"?  It is a travesty and someone should have been accountable!  Pure shamefulness ... pure evil!  Blessings to all of you survivors out there - and for those staffers who have come forward and admitted and repented of their crimes.  Thanks for letting me vent.  wanda