Author Topic: Proof that Robert Bruce was lying about IP's  (Read 1678 times)

Offline SHH Anon Classics

• View Profile
    • http://fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?topic=13488&forum=41&start=34#165552
Proof that Robert Bruce was lying about IP's
« on: January 07, 2006, 05:25:00 PM »
"Through this server? No way that I know of. At least not w/ public postings. How-some-ever, every email you send carries your IP address, unless syou send through an anon pennet or proxy or some such. And there's another way, too. If you can get someone to load an image in their browser or run a program and be certain that they're the ones doing it, you can get all sorts of information. This is true of every website and other type of server on the entire net."

This was a quote by Ginger/Antigen regarding whether or not IP's can be traced or matched to other posts on this forum from posts made.

What do you have to say for yourself now Robert Bruce?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2006, 05:51:00 PM »
anyone with MODERATOR STATUS on this BBS can view IP's (and LOTS of other information) and there are quite a few moderators.  it just so happens that when RB says "we" traced your IP, he means that he appealed to a moderator to do it for him.

are you so foolish as to think that some of us - some of us with moderator priveliges - don't network with other posters?  that we're not sympathetic to the abuse you heap on some people who are just trying to have a discussion?  that when you threaten people with violence that we won't intervene on their behalf?

you're dumber than you appear.

love,
a moderator   :wave:
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline SHH Anon Classics

• View Profile
    • http://fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?topic=13488&forum=41&start=34#165552
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2006, 05:58:00 PM »
When you say "you" threaten with violence, please direct that to someone else. I have never threatened anybody with violence.

Ginger just stated the IP's cant be traced. So was she lying? or are you? The issue seems to be more convoluted everytime the question comes up. Can someone trace an IP on this board from posts posted anonymously or not?

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2006, 06:21:00 PM »
On 2006-01-07 14:58:00, Anonymous wrote:

"When you say "you" threaten with violence, please direct that to someone else. I have never threatened anybody with violence.

Ginger just stated the IP's cant be traced. So was she lying? or are you? The issue seems to be more convoluted everytime the question comes up. Can someone trace an IP on this board from posts posted anonymously or not?"

just ask her if what i said is true.  i think you'll be disappointed with the answer.

nobody is lying, you just aren't smart enough to ask the right questions.  let me help you:

"can a moderator access IP's and other transactional information?"

i happen to admire RB for doing what he does.  i think you treat him unfairly.  i won't stand for allowing his safety to be threatened.  i've given him transactional information in the past and will gladly do it again if i deem it necessary to protect his safety or for an ensuing law enforcement proceeding related to threats of violence.  it's a serious matter and i take it very seriously.

grow up, try to act like an adult and engage yourself in some meaningful debate and you won't have any problems.  threaten, harrass and frighten people and, well, i can't say johnny law won't have your particulars.  as much as i hate to involve law enforcement in someone's life, make no mistake that i will do it in a heartbeat to ensure the safety of others.

if you don't think so, try me.

just to give you the heads-up, i am a network engineer responsible for the security of a large corporate network (a 9 billion dollar entity - that's "b" as in "billion") and there isn't anything that you can do to hide your identity that i can't undo or penetrate.  my resources are virtually unlimited and i will gladly invest my personal time to reacquaint you with your limitations.

like i said, try me.  i ain't no daisy.
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2006, 06:58:00 PM »
Was that response helpful Suzanne, or do you need futher explanation?
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2006, 06:58:00 PM »
On 2006-01-07 14:58:00, Anonymous wrote:

Ginger just stated the IP's cant be traced. So was she lying?

No, once again, you misunderstood.

By default, every web server has access to all the information shown at http://fornits.com/cgibin/env.htm Sometimes more. Any website admin usually has access to those logs. And there are plenty of softwear packages designed to draw data out of them for tidy, neat and meaningful reporting.

I hold it to be the inalienable right of anybody to go to hell in his own way.
--Robert Frost, American poet

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes