Author Topic: Elan School (Personal experiences)  (Read 2841 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Elan School (Personal experiences)
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2006, 07:49:00 PM »
Elan should be set on fire.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline screann

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2006, 08:32:00 PM »
On 2006-01-09 07:22:00, Anonymous wrote:

"I just got out 3 days ago!! omg i hated that place it was torture...They fucked with my OCD...!!!!!!!!!! SOmeone IM me, im like dramatized: arcaneXessence"
Im glad that you made it out of that shit hole. As you will read here on this site you will see just how fucked up Elan really is and how it has fucked all our heads up. This site really helps get your anger out and say what you feel about the place. We all have our own stories and most of us are very undrstsnding because we all went through the same HELL. I must say the Elan of today is Nothing like it was in my day. I wish you luck. Again ,glad you made it. ::cheers::

Offline SyN

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2006, 09:08:00 PM »
Please tell us about your elan times.  i was there from 94-97 in 3>  I have heard of a merger of sorts whats that all about.  Do they still have rings encounter groups ect?  Has the dichotomy changes at all ect?
sorry for all the questions, purely curious is all.
Mike[ This Message was edited by: SyN on 2006-01-10 18:09 ]
A word to the wise is infuriating.\"

Offline JMCE304

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2006, 12:48:00 AM »
I was there with the above student who got out about a week ago. To be honest, the only thing that really, really sucks about being in elan right now, is you cant talk to your friends at home, and you have no freedom. While I was there from 02=04, nothing sick, stupid, or wrong was forced into my head. When I look back on it I realize it was mainly about organization and just taking directions without throwing a shit fit. Like I've mentioned in other posts, there are small children there now, like 13 year old kids and shit. Of course, at that age one would be very impressionable and such. I guess as close as behind the scenes it gets at elan is being a coordinator and shit, and all we ever talked about with these kids is how life isnt always fair, and I want you to push through the bullshit to get the rewards in the end. Unfortunatly, 18 months to 2 years seems like an eternity to these kids, and they lose focus, fuck up, and extend their stays until they are eventually discharged, and find themselves as juniors in a public highschool. I had no idea of this insance tampon taping, dunce cap wearing, aneurism inducing ring action and all that other shit until i was out, of course. I can definetly say that all that remains of the elan mentioned in these pages on this annoying, entertaining, stress-relieving, and very interesting forum, is the philosophy. Basic concept. Pullups, incident books, dealing crews, GM's, groups. Its the same, but now kids who played to many video games work in a static group. Not someone who has a serious drug problem. For real, I sat in so many groups as a coordinator for kids who discovered masturbation at elan. And it became a problem. They went crazy. thats what my time as a coordinator was. Gearing twisted disgusting incident books, putting out all male dealing crews all day, And getting the non strength to the bathroom was the most aggravating thing I had to do in elan. Anyways, as far as i see it, kids today succeed at elan if they realize there is no hope of leaving, i tried to sign out 4 times, always faced in the end with the actual realization of being a homeless person. if there parents stay strong etc. they can succeed, and i mean succeed as in just going thru the program and not getting stuck there for 38 months, what happens after really doesnt matter, graduate or not as i have realized after leaving. everyone there now doesnt want help like the heroin addicts did in the 70's. thats why so many people fail at elan now. its to bad.
on M
E-3 from 7-26-02 to 12-20-05