Author Topic: Chanting???  (Read 11547 times)

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Chanting???
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2006, 01:01:00 AM »
I think we make a mistake when we get to thinkin' we're cooler than dogs.

To say the drug war is a failure is like saying the Hindenburg was short a few fire extinguishers.
http://mapinc.org/drugnews/v01/n808/a10.html' target='_new'>Carl Hiassen

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline starry-eyed pirate

• View Profile
Chanting???
« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2006, 03:59:00 PM »
Nice post Woof-a-Doof.  

Sometimes though, as a prisoner, you just accept where you are and time has no meaning and you are way more free than anywhere else, like no-one even wants your meditations anymore.  I mean I felt that way a few times when I was locked up.  It's almost like when the body is in jail the mind ranges freer than ever, as a prisoner I was totally relaxed.  I had my own cell to think in by myself.  But I wasn't free, I was a prisoner of Monmouth County, N.J. and Fairfax County, VA and just thinkin' in a freer way, because I had nothin left to do and nothin' to distract me and plenty of time completely to myself in my monastic cell.

I had this idea to throw a set of childrens' trainin' wheels into some wet cement.   ::hatter::  ::dove::  

Trip.  "P"
If you would have justice in this world, then begin to see that a human being is not a means to some end.  People are not commodities.  When human beings are just to one another government becomes obsolete and real freedom is born; SPIRITUAL ANARCHY.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Chanting???
« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2006, 04:35:00 PM »
On 2006-01-13 12:59:00, starry-eyed pirate wrote:

"Nice post Woof-a-Doof.  

Sometimes though, as a prisoner, you just accept where you are and time has no meaning and you are way more free than anywhere else, like no-one even wants your meditations anymore.  I mean I felt that way a few times when I was locked up.  It's almost like when the body is in jail the mind ranges freer than ever, as a prisoner I was totally relaxed.  I had my own cell to think in by myself.  But I wasn't free, I was a prisoner of Monmouth County, N.J. and Fairfax County, VA and just thinkin' in a freer way, because I had nothin left to do and nothin' to distract me and plenty of time completely to myself in my monastic cell.

I had this idea to throw a set of childrens' trainin' wheels into some wet cement.   ::hatter::  ::dove::  

Trip.  "P"

"

I recently ran across an old thread in which people debated which was worse, prison or Straight. You may have posted there. Since you are a person with experience in both settings, I'm curious to know your take on this issue.

• View Profile
Chanting???
« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2006, 04:40:00 PM »
On 2006-01-06 07:36:00, ex-prisoner wrote:

"

On 2006-01-06 04:54:00, dragonfly wrote:

"Straight WAS like a monastery in a lot of ways.

Since the tactics came from the Chinese originally, this should not be surprising.

The intent of the Chinese monasteries was to provide a SAFE place for monks to let go of their delusions of self.

And to provide HEALTHY impetus to let go of those delusions. Those impetus work, and monks go happily about the day doing monkish things, for the purpose of monk hood.

The Chinese Communists saw the power in this and developed it's flip side, brainwashing.

And then of course, the CIA saw the power in this and our tax dollars funded the development of a powerful machine capable of changing the minds of teenage pot smokers.    

Every aspect of straight has a counterpart that can be found in a Buddhist monastery. Behavioral counterparts of course, not ideological.

The chanting you describe is just one example of the monastic roots of straight. [ This Message was edited by: dragonfly on 2006-01-06 05:09 ]"

letting go of delusions of self sounds more ideological rather than behavioral. ::bandit::  ::hatter::  ::dove:: [ This Message was edited by: starry-eyed pirate on 2006-01-13 14:30 ]
If you would have justice in this world, then begin to see that a human being is not a means to some end.  People are not commodities.  When human beings are just to one another government becomes obsolete and real freedom is born; SPIRITUAL ANARCHY.

• View Profile
Chanting???
« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2006, 05:53:00 PM »
On 2006-01-13 13:35:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

On 2006-01-13 12:59:00, starry-eyed pirate wrote:

"Nice post Woof-a-Doof.  

Trip.  "P"

"

I recently ran across an old thread in which people debated which was worse, prison or Straight. You may have posted there. Since you are a person with experience in both settings, I'm curious to know your take on this issue.

"

I've never done time in the adult system so I can't really speak to that.  All my time was served in the juvenile system...well besides that one drunken night where I stood in the middle of the road and made traffic go around me and when the cops rolled up to my knee caps and wanted my name I tol' em it was Jesus Christ... :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

Yeah I spent the night in jail that night, but that was no big deal.  Although I got a heck of a story about that whole night but I can only tell it in person under certain conditions, see ??

Still, I have been a prisoner in  2 state correctional systems and I did plenty of time in $tr8.  It wasn't like I was doin' serious time with 35 year old bad-ass muther fuckin' killers, although I was in with juvenile bad-ass killers.  My total time in these 2 juvenile systems combined was all of about a month.  There are people far more qualified than I to answer your question, which is why I never posted on that thread.  

I personally regret having chosen $tr8 over prison/jail(and I did have a choice, as soon as I turned 18 I could 'a' signed myself out and gone and served my year)  I don't think prison/jail is near the mind-fuck that $tr8 was, at least not back in 1986, although I've heard that, that is changin'.  Of course a lot depends on the circumstances too, like where ya gotta serve your time and how long ya gotto do.  

(This one's for my bro Woof-a-Doof  :lol:  )FUCK AUTHORITY.  FUCK $TR8.  FUCK ALL THE INSTITUTIONS.  GOD IS IN YOU.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Chanting???
« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2006, 06:02:00 PM »
I've never done time in the adult system so I can't really speak to that.  All my time was served in the juvenile system...well besides that one drunken night where I stood in the middle of the road and made traffic go around me and when the cops rolled up to my knee caps and wanted my name I tol' em it was Jesus Christ... :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

That's funny! I know a guy who did a similar thing in Baltimore city several years ago...except he was running for mayor..in a ripped-up Armani suit.. :lol:

• View Profile
Chanting???
« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2006, 06:18:00 PM »
Oh Christ!...Am I missin' some reference or whas that just a buddy of yours ??  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

...Ohh...I see,... the same thing except he was runnin for "mayor" and I was "Jesus Christ" :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:.  Hysterical

• View Profile
Chanting???
« Reply #37 on: January 13, 2006, 06:27:00 PM »
Dragonfly, I am curious as to how you would address ex-prisoners questions.  Woof-a-Doof how would you answer her questions ??

Om-Shanti.   :skull:  :skull:  :skull:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Chanting???
« Reply #38 on: January 13, 2006, 06:35:00 PM »
I personally regret having chosen $tr8 over prison/jail. I don't think prison/jail is near the mind-fuck that $tr8 was, at least not back in 1986, although I've heard that, that is changin'.

The Straight or prison question is a debate worth reviving. There are no easy answers because the degree of abuse in the prison system varies from place to place, and opinions and tolerance levels vary from person to person. Many survivors without the experience of both worlds will undoubtedly declare that prison is the better option, which is telling. In any case, the debate can only highlight the severity of abuse in Straight because its worst tactics are at least on par with those of the prison system.

• View Profile
Chanting???
« Reply #39 on: January 13, 2006, 06:57:00 PM »
Where is that ol'thread then, bump it up.

dragonfly

Chanting???
« Reply #40 on: January 13, 2006, 07:15:00 PM »

• View Profile
Chanting???
« Reply #41 on: January 13, 2006, 07:22:00 PM »
Hhhmph !??  Her questions are written only a page or so back.  I would ask them myself but she already did.

In the meantime I am entertained by your post and will see if I can figure it out.

dragonfly

Chanting???
« Reply #42 on: January 13, 2006, 07:29:00 PM »

• View Profile
Chanting???
« Reply #43 on: January 13, 2006, 07:31:00 PM »
Hmmm... I see...

But perhaps if the very same questions were not attached to her...perhaps if some anon had asked ??  ...I don't know... Can you not address her questions without too much trouble... I wouldn't hassle ya so much except you know me and know that I truly want to know...

• View Profile
Chanting???
« Reply #44 on: January 13, 2006, 07:35:00 PM »
Dragonfly, She has posted once on this thread.  Her questions are easy to find.  Go to page 1 and find her post.  Her very valid and important questions are contained within.

With great respect, Pirate