Author Topic: In Rememberance of Wanda.  (Read 2043 times)

Offline Scarred

• View Profile
In Rememberance of Wanda.
« on: December 29, 2005, 11:07:00 AM »
[ This Message was edited by: Scarred on 2006-01-01 15:43 ]
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline fedelta_a_verita

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2005, 12:51:00 PM »
[ This Message was edited by: fedelta_a_verita on 2006-01-03 07:50 ]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2005, 10:14:00 PM »
You are deep. All the posts I read on here makes me think the only really "normal" people with the same deep thought processes...are straight survivors. It's the rest of the world that is not normal!

When I saw and recognized her, right at the counter to pay, she seemed like I was just another customer to her. I actually asked her (in my stupidity in front of my coworker) if her name was Wanda and she said yes. She looked at me as if registering or remembering me maybe? I think I then said something like 'I knew you when I lived in St Pete and I believe she said she remembered me. I actually would have liked to have talked to her...it was like seeing a living ghost. i think i was sad for her. in retrospect i am bcuz i eventually got extremely rough around the edges myself. during group she could really get pissed off and red faced. but other times she seemed softer. despite the fact she was the scariest of all to me (i've thunk on this today), i loved it when she would smile at somebody and her features were soft. your so true about even the staffers having it rough. i'm totally ashamed that i ever participated in the harrassment of another human-being in attempt to climb the straight ladder to freedom. i don't, however' remember ever standing up in group and yelling "your full of shit" to get a rally of hands flying (thank God)...but memory is a funny thing (quoting one of yall).

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2005, 01:06:00 AM »
On 2005-12-29 09:51:00, fedelta_a_verita wrote:

I would hate to have felt good about that but on the other hand I don?t know how I could have helped but feel satisfied at that person?s plight.

In around 1990, I ran into Pam Guidry in the legal aid office in Ft. Lauderdale. She treated me like the plague. It was funny as hell, really. I asked her if she were still with Chris. She said no, god no! that was ages ago. She didn't care to discuss her business. But, for the most part, women go to legal aid in Broward for one reason, cause they can't afford a divorce. I was there giving a neighbor a ride so her woman beating husband wouldn't find out her escape plans before she could get out.

What the hell, I was the lucky one. I had a husband who came home after work, brought his check on Fridays and made sure the bills were paid before we went grocery shopping. I could afford a little kindness to those less fortunate.

So there was Pam; my former newcomer cum rapid trajectory staffer and wife to Miller Lite and now ghetto snob.  :rofl:

I found the whole thing very gratifying. And I make no apologies for that.

When a well-packaged web of lies
has been sold gradually to the masses
over generations, the truth will seem
utterly preposterous and its speaker
a raving lunatic.      

--Dresden James

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Scarred

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2005, 02:17:00 PM »
Someone emailed me regarding Wanda. It is rumored that she was going into the marines but relapsed; and, is dead.

She must have had a terrible time of it.

Rest in peace Wanda. You were only doing what you were brainwashed to do. I'm sorry I called you the scariest staff of all.  ::boohoo::

I think I started this topic only to find people that were in the hell hole with me. If I can figure out how to delete all of this tonight I will.[ This Message was edited by: Scarred in St Pete on 2005-12-30 11:23 ]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2005, 02:21:00 PM »

"Someone emailed me regarding Wanda. It is rumored that she was going into the marines but relapsed; and, is dead.

wow - I wouldn't even wish that on Wanda.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2005, 05:37:00 PM »
i can relate to you mixed feelings...i was in st.pete from april 81 to when ever we went to v.a.!i wouldn't be surprised to know you or you remembering me!my start over on 5th phase by jim sailor and shawna arnow was legendary....according to "miller"i was the first one!i don't know if thats true but it really f-ed me up!i had to "do" everything over.....i had already been there a really long time!Mark Newton,to his benifit,told me when i was sent up to make sure the homes in V.A. were "secure",that i shouldv'e NEVER been started over....{he lived at my house the week we were up there "securing"}It came out of his mouth the first night we were up in Va....he wanted to listen to some music...i said all i had was what i got started over for....he rolled his eyes and looked at me...then he said "you shouldv'e never been started over"...i was shocked and mad etc....i knew that already,but hearing it from"miller newton's son" was unbelievable!then he went on to tell me that shawna hastilly,without checking to see if i had permission to chew tobacco,put me on a 4th phase refresher.....the next day jim sailor started me over...the day after that,in a staff meeting,Mark said he complained about my start over,stating a well documented fact at the time,if i was F.O.S.,then why didn't i leave when i was in V.A on my 5th phase vacation?...he said the 2 staff members looked stupidly at him....he also told them that he checked to see if i really did have permission to chew and found out that i did!Pierce Koon was the staff member that gave me the permission to! he said that the damage had been done already...sooooo i had to "do"the "program"over again!I was in there for a then       va record of 28 1/2 months!a great deal of the grief i experienced in straight was for nothing!!!!! as far as running into staff members after straight,i did once...this a-holes name was joey glaze...if i hadn't been on "work release" from jail,i probably wouldv'e had a real honest "chat" with him,but as luck would have it.....well,you get the picture....hippie564

Offline Scarred

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2005, 09:41:00 PM »
i've reread your post about how you did it and all. I've reread it several times knowing I was confused. Now I got it. You didn't come to St Pete from the VA Straight but the other way around. So you did cut yourself when you were brand new.

I'm so sorry I misunderstood. Regardless, I'm sorry. When I went in, I thought I'd get out in 14 days (as they told me during intake). So I tried to conform to their ways day 1 so I could leave in 13 more. You, obviously, did not buy into that line of shit. Nor were you flexible in any way as you spent over 2 years there. I went with the flow from day one...Straight was not the 1st place my parents tried to incarcerate me. Straight was the only place that WOULD TAKE ME on a permanent basis (the mental hospitals can't keep you if there's nothing wrong with you - as my parents hoped).

Offline flygirl

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2006, 01:32:00 PM »
[ This Message was edited by: flygirl on 2006-04-26 06:06 ]

Offline Scarred

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2006, 09:08:00 PM »
Where & when? I think I remember something horrible like that. I had my hair cut off voluntarily (Dorthy Hamil style HA). The uglier we could make ourselves the better off we were. Were you in St Pete 80-81? That sucks!!!! Wanda had that long "straight" red hair...imagine her with a mullet cut as that would have suited her butch approach to us much better. I'm sorry that happened to you.

It was brought to my attn that staffers were "tweaked" even worse than us.

OMG. Years after straight I was getting my hair hi-lited @ a salon in Jacksonville FL. One of the stylists in the salon is the one that gave me my Dorthy Hamil hair cut in straight. She had a son & daughter in straight the same time I was there. She remembered me and said both her kids were doing well but that's as far as she would talk about it. I remembered both of her kids faces...the son looked like Dweazle Zappa? I don't remember their names.

Offline Scarred

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2006, 09:20:00 PM »
Where & when? I think I remember something horrible like that. I had my hair cut off voluntarily (Dorthy Hamil style HA). The uglier we could make ourselves the better off we were. Were you in St Pete 80-81? That sucks!!!! Wanda had that long "straight" red hair...imagine her with a mullet cut as that would have suited her butch approach to us much better. I'm sorry that happened to you.

It was brought to my attn that staffers were "tweaked" even worse than us. I also feel it may be tabboo to talk ill of the dead.

OMG. Years after straight I was getting my hair hi-lited @ a salon in Jacksonville FL. One of the stylists in the salon is the one that gave me my Dorthy Hamil hair cut in straight. She had a son & daughter in straight the same time I was there. She remembered me and said both her kids were doing well but that's as far as she would talk about it. I remembered both of her kids faces...the son looked like Dweazle Zappa? I don't remember their names. Her daughter was beautiful with very long black hair.