Author Topic: Daughter out of control again ....  (Read 13811 times)

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Daughter out of control again ....
« Reply #105 on: January 12, 2006, 02:55:00 PM »
On 2006-01-08 09:56:00, bandit1978 wrote:

"G-  why so sensitive about GED?  Do you have one?"

Sensitive? Not really. But interested. Yes, I have a GED. Never used it, no one's ever asked to see it or, to the best of my knowledge, verified it.

But I have kids. One's already got her GED and another two coming up behind her. The next in line is going the local highschool route for many reasons other than the prestiege conveyed by a regular diploma. At some point, I would imagine she'll have to wonder how much that's really worth as a factor in her overall plan. So far as I can tell, there's very, very little difference between a GED and a regular diploma; nothing you can't remedy w/ a couple of relatively light courses at the nearest community college. But I'm always looking for more info.

So I just wanted to know if, aside from the trophy value (which is not to be understated!), have you found some real advantage to it.

Marijuana clearly has medicinal value.
 Thousands of seriously ill Americans have
 been able to determine that for themselves,
 albeit illegally. Like my own family, these
 individuals did not wish to break the law but
 they had no choice.

--Lyn Nofziger, former deputy chairman of the Republican National Committee

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 13, 2006, 03:23:00 PM »
OK Einstiens, here is a person that went through te "programs", has entered the real world, and is living a happy content life clean and sober. I did not take effect immediately but the information given to me in the rehabilitation centers of our great country (I attended 3 long term before age 21) was what I needed to get my life straight. I was an extreme case of rebelion meets ignorance and it all finally caught up with me. Facing prison time and homelessness I finally made the decision for myself at 26 to use the information I was given so many years before. Information I knew was correct but afraid to try utilizing in my life.
Here's a novel idea, STOP blaming everyone for your poor pathetic life and get on with it. Take personal responsibility for your BAD decisions and start making GOOD ones. Be responsible and accountabe for YOURSELF.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 13, 2006, 03:34:00 PM »
afraid to try utilizing in my life.>>>>

What does that mean?
Might the 'real world' consequences of not working and violating the law, have had anything to do with your revelation?

Offline The Liger

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 13, 2006, 03:47:00 PM »
On 2006-01-13 12:23:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Take personal responsibility for your BAD decisions and start making GOOD ones. Be responsible and accountabe for YOURSELF."

Why do program supporters always advocate taking personal responsibility for "bad" decisions, but giving the program the credit for any "good" decisions?

It's pretty much my favorite animal. It's like a lion and a tiger mixed...bred for its skills in magic.[ This Message was edited by: The Liger on 2006-01-13 12:48 ]
t\'s pretty much my favorite animal. It\'s like a lion and a tiger mixed...bred for its skills in magic.

Offline WWFSMD

• View Profile
    • http://www.venganza.org/
« Reply #109 on: January 13, 2006, 04:08:00 PM »
On 2006-01-13 12:23:00, Anonymous wrote:

Here's a novel idea, STOP blaming everyone for your poor pathetic life and get on with it. Take personal responsibility for your BAD decisions and start making GOOD ones. Be responsible and accountabe for YOURSELF."

You're assuming way too much here.  Where do you get off saying that we've got 'poor, pathetic lives?  Most of us have are relatively happy in our lives outside of these forums.  We come here to get a better understanding, shoot the shit, whatever.  There are hundreds of people here.  All with different reasons for being here.  Some just hang around for some of the humor generatedher.  I blame the program for scrambling my mind.  I blame them for the continuing sense of sell doubt, I blame them for tearing my family apart...which continues to this day.  I credit myself, my husband, my kids and my friends, many whom I've met here, for whatever success I have achieved.  The time in my program warped my perception of life.  Someone described it in the "Chanting" thread in the Straight forum.  It's like if you're pouring concrete and someone fucks with the mix before it gets poured.  We're left to deal with the aftermath.  We're doing that in the best way we can.  Pretty much the only time I think about it or deal with it is when I come here.  I've made some awesome friends here, I've learned more than I cared to.

btw.  I have two friends who have been to prison (one for 5 1/2 years in Raiford) and have been homeless.  Both that said that they would by FAR choose prison or homelessnes over being in a mindrape mill again.

If the personal freedoms guaranteed by the Constitution inhibit the
government's ability to govern the people, we should look to limit those guarantees.

--President Bill Clinton

bey your Noodly Master

Emancipate from mental slavery

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 13, 2006, 04:45:00 PM »
Facing prison time and homelessness I finally made the decision for myself at 26 to use the information I was given so many years before. Information I knew was correct but afraid to try utilizing in my life.

Uhh... that wasnt the program. That was you choosing to grow up. You didnt need a program to tell you to "cut the shit, get a job, et cetera" do you? Nobody does.

Face it, the methods of a program are not required or necessary to tell someone to shut up, get a job, and not be a moron.

All the other personal attack bullshit in your post is typical programmie bullshit... everyone, dont even recognize that they said it, its stupid to go in circles about bullshit they do to try to instigate arguements and change the topic.

The greater the ignorance the greater the dogmatism.

--William Osler

DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 13, 2006, 05:00:00 PM »
On 2006-01-13 13:45:00, Nihilanthic wrote:

"
Facing prison time and homelessness I finally made the decision for myself at 26 to use the information I was given so many years before. Information I knew was correct but afraid to try utilizing in my life.

Uhh... that wasnt the program. That was you choosing to grow up. You didnt need a program to tell you to "cut the shit, get a job, et cetera" do you? Nobody does.

Face it, the methods of a program are not required or necessary to tell someone to shut up, get a job, and not be a moron.

All the other personal attack bullshit in your post is typical programmie bullshit... everyone, dont even recognize that they said it, its stupid to go in circles about bullshit they do to try to instigate arguements and change the topic.

The greater the ignorance the greater the dogmatism.

--William Osler

"

Every event in your life, people you meet shapes you and affects who you are today.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 20, 2006, 07:04:00 AM »
Found this interesting on the topic of GED:

http://www.cete.org/acve/docgen.asp?tbl=mr&ID=100

Seems there may be some bias against GED holders vs high school diploma holders.  Even the military limits the number of recruits with GEDs to 10 percent (and yeah yeah, save the comments.  Just pointing out that a major "employer" is using this as a limiting factor)