Author Topic: Blown Away  (Read 3581 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Blown Away
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2005, 09:53:00 PM »
Thanks to all who have replied to me. This site & you people are a connection that makes me feel a sense of security with this history we all share.
We've obviously had some very "deep" things occur in our lives. We could all write a book and I'd read every one of them even between the lines.

I found another website Straight, Inc also...I haven't been able to get into it yet...it has a symbol like a spaid? do any of yall visit that site?

I should have been in a psychs office a long time ago. But, today (after being on this site a couple of days), I think I felt more "normal". I just tried to be myself in front of others...no over expressive facial movements (annimation)to make the other person think I was more interested
or exhausting myself trying to live up to what this/that person would think. I almost even felt a since of pride or reclaiming...there's a lot of you that are just like me...right at my finger tips. Amazing Grace!

I would love to read about how ALL of you ended up in Straight & how all of you got out & all the very details of it all up to now. Seriously!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Blown Away
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2005, 01:15:00 AM »
On 2005-12-29 18:53:00, Anonymous wrote:

I would love to read about how ALL of you ended up in Straight & how all of you got out & all the very details of it all up to now. Seriously!

Oh, you mean talkin' out in group? All that normal, spontanious converstation and body language they bound us away from back then? Yeah, me too! I do get something very valuable from that. But it's not just Program ppl it's also around in the wild if you look for it and accept the gifts when you stumble accross them.

Artist: Three Days Grace Lyrics
 Song: Just Like You Lyrics

I could be mean
I could be angry
You know I could be just like you

I could be fake
I could be stupid

You thought you were standing beside me
You were only in my way
You?re wrong if you think that I?ll be just like you

You thought you were there to guide me
You were only in my way
You were only in my way

I could be cold
I could be ruthless

I could be weak
I could be senseless

You were only in my way

You were only in my way
You were only in my way

On my own, cause I can?t take liven with you
I?m alone, so I won?t turn out like you
Want me to

You were only in my way

You were only in my way
You were only in my way

I could be mean
I could be angry

"Were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers, or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter."--
Thomas Jefferson, 1787

Rampant talking out in group!

I don't believe in Jesus.
--John Lennon, British songwriter and member of "The Beatles"

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
Blown Away
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2005, 01:41:00 AM »
Oh, I forgot to add. Just look around here. There are a LOT of such stories scattered around. Also, if you're so inclined, look at some of the other forums about other programs. You'll find a lot of similarities and maybe not feel so alone.

You can lead a camel to water but you can't make it stink (any more than it already does)
-- Job

Offline Scarred

• View Profile
Blown Away
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2005, 02:40:00 PM »
3001 Gandy is correct. I went to the Straight Inc Alumni website via Yahoo (after several attempts to get registered).

Their website has a photo gallery section. There is a picture of a guy urinating on that bldg. I must have been way off about it being an aluminum bldg...the picture reveals the bldg with stucco siding. There's another picture of the same guy in front of the bldg giving it a beautiful middle finger bird salute!

I remember now 1st driving up to that bldg w/my parents...supposingly to inquire about an old VW 4sale...I heard loud singing coming from inside and asked what was going on...the day of my intake! Great trick mom&dad :evil: [ This Message was edited by: Scarred in St Pete on 2005-12-30 11:41 ]

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
Blown Away
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2005, 03:10:00 PM »
On 2005-12-29 07:54:00, Scarred in St Pete wrote:

My memory is distorted. I was put in on my birthday 12/80 and out 8/81

Definitely Gandy Blvd. Bldg. I went in in Oct of `80. I know that because when I split in the springtime, I landed up at the Jesus `81 festival in Orlando. It was Gandy, for sure.

For myself, I do not believe in any revelation. As for a future life, every man must judge for himself between conflicting vague probabilities.
--Charles Robert Darwin, English naturalist

Offline fedelta_a_verita

• View Profile
Blown Away
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2005, 03:17:00 PM »
[ This Message was edited by: fedelta_a_verita on 2006-01-03 07:51 ]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Blown Away
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2005, 06:17:00 PM »
you said you cut your hand while you were there....was it around april of 81? i ask this because i did the same thing on my 3rd day there...in the guys bathroom!....when they confronted me after "open meeting" in the "open meeting review" rap,they stood me out in front of the group.to my surprise there was a girl standing next to me that did the SAME thing to herself!i have always wondered what happened to her.....is it you? you have me wondering.please write me at [email protected]....ok?.....matt

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Blown Away
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2005, 06:30:00 PM »
you know the craziest thing? miller and sembler were both brainwashed parents too!the real asshole has yet to be defined....art barker?>the seed man.maybe.....but he had to have help a lot greater than the politicals....politicals can get you money...but in straights case,they wanted to avoid the government as much as poss.!because they didn't want a gov. laws telling them what they can and can't do!thats why it was a PRIVATE program.....!by getting money privatly,they were able to avoid the law!thats how they got away with so much illegal shit!political and gov. money,by the way is how and why the seed was closed....if it had been privatly subsidised like straight,the gov. wouldn't have had a "leg" to stand on legally.....hippie564

Offline Scarred

• View Profile
Blown Away
« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2005, 09:22:00 PM »
I remember you too![ This Message was edited by: Scarred on 2006-01-29 18:29 ]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Blown Away
« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2006, 05:02:00 AM »
wow.......{rubbing my forehead....}i can't believe it's you....i have always wondered what happened to you.you know,....we,you and i,are "joined at the hip"!we share a single incident that changed us forever....!i mean that!
  how i did mine and why i did "it",are for the first time "up" for conversation....as i stated earlier....i did "it" 3 days after being there...i had been confronted harshly 2 times in the 2nd day there!which was of course,my 1st real day.....that night,i was thinking of "how" i could quickly "change" my parents mind about keeping me in that place! i knew they were still in the area because i hadn't even done one "introduction".....! then it hit me! my old comer,who didn't even look at my belongings,+ didn't lock my drawer,didn't know i had my shaving razors in there....when i put them in there,I didn't even think anything about them...I had never been to that "platue" in life before...but after i got hammered real bad...i knew i didn't want to be there and it looked like the only sure way to get my parents attention and have me sent to a mental ward...or whatever!i didn't really want to die,if i did,i wouldn't have done "it" in group;i wouldve done "it" in my "foster home" when everyone was asleep!i got up quietly and opened the drawer,broke the razor open and put them in my pants pocket!the next day came and went,it just wasn't the right time,or i couldn't muster the courage or i thought maybe my parents would come to thier senses>not! no,in truth,i was smart enough to know that if i did this,it would have to be a much larger scale thing!so, i waited till Monday at noon,went into the bathroom and cut my hand vein wide open....it took three guys to get me out of there...i was laughing insanly and spitting the blood i sucked out of my hand,all over the place.....there was a huge trail of blood dripping from my hand onto the floor,from the bathroom!the kids who saw this,probably a lot of them,were in awe of what i did!i don't think that had ever been done at str8 before,not in group. staff grabed me and quietly took me out of group.into a car with 2 oldcomers and then took me to a "dingy" blding....there,in a room,was a man i had never seen....then my parents came in...as he was stitching me up,i looked at my parents and said,this isn't a good place! this isn't a good place!looking for somthing in thier eyes that showed me they were thinking about what they were seeing.the oldcomers were clasping thier hands over mine and telling me to shut up and to my parents they said it was a game to get out of the program,not to listen to me....after a while i could see that they were listening to them....it blew my mind.it was then that i realised i was going to be there for a long long time....on my way back to str8,i knew that the only way i would ever get out was to really die....my parents really failed me there.....to me i didn't think they loved me anymore....when open meeting review came they tore into me like a group of sharks...no one asked why or how i did "it"! you know what the crazy part was? i STILL had the razors on me! i COULDV"E done "it" again!i had them on me for many days after that...i had no way to get rid of them without getting caught with them!...so much for "therapy"!something else thats worse,is that i never showed signs of that kind of behavior BEFORE i went in there!i thought my parents,seeing what happened,would be smart enough to think of this and say to themselves....where/what have we done or whats happening in there that he would go to such an extreme...to me, it seemed like the only route out of there..... as you know,it didn't work.i had to stay in hell for a long long time!....i'm glad i finally found you!i hpoe we can talk on the phone someday......or see each other etc etc...god bless....hippie564

Offline Scarred

• View Profile
Blown Away
« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2006, 12:50:00 PM »
[ This Message was edited by: Scarred on 2006-01-29 18:30 ]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Blown Away
« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2006, 07:12:00 PM »
i thought it was dogtown and z-boys? that is a rad film, if you have not seen it, and you were a kid in the seventies who ever liked getting on a skateboard, you will like that movie. it's got clips of a young tony hawk. they caught the scene, those kids who were doing tricks in drained swimming pools, they were defining the sport. it's all old clips from back then because incredibly enough someone was catching it on film as it was happening!

Offline Scarred

• View Profile
Blown Away
« Reply #27 on: January 01, 2006, 11:04:00 PM »
[ This Message was edited by: Scarred on 2006-01-29 18:32 ]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Blown Away
« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2006, 01:43:00 PM »
On 2006-01-01 02:02:00, stillahippie564 wrote:

"wow.......{rubbing my forehead....}i can't believe it's you....i have always wondered what happened to you.you know,....we,you and i,are "joined at the hip"!we share a single incident that changed us forever....!i mean that!

how i did mine and why i did "it",are for the first time "up" for conversation....as i stated earlier....i did "it" 3 days after being there...i had been confronted harshly 2 times in the 2nd day there!which was of course,my 1st real day.....that night,i was thinking of "how" i could quickly "change" my parents mind about keeping me in that place! i knew they were still in the area because i hadn't even done one "introduction".....! then it hit me! my old comer,who didn't even look at my belongings,+ didn't lock my drawer,didn't know i had my shaving razors in there....when i put them in there,I didn't even think anything about them...I had never been to that "platue" in life before...but after i got hammered real bad...i knew i didn't want to be there and it looked like the only sure way to get my parents attention and have me sent to a mental ward...or whatever!i didn't really want to die,if i did,i wouldn't have done "it" in group;i wouldve done "it" in my "foster home" when everyone was asleep!i got up quietly and opened the drawer,broke the razor open and put them in my pants pocket!the next day came and went,it just wasn't the right time,or i couldn't muster the courage or i thought maybe my parents would come to thier senses>not! no,in truth,i was smart enough to know that if i did this,it would have to be a much larger scale thing!so, i waited till Monday at noon,went into the bathroom and cut my hand vein wide open....it took three guys to get me out of there...i was laughing insanly and spitting the blood i sucked out of my hand,all over the place.....there was a huge trail of blood dripping from my hand onto the floor,from the bathroom!the kids who saw this,probably a lot of them,were in awe of what i did!i don't think that had ever been done at str8 before,not in group. staff grabed me and quietly took me out of group.into a car with 2 oldcomers and then took me to a "dingy" blding....there,in a room,was a man i had never seen....then my parents came in...as he was stitching me up,i looked at my parents and said,this isn't a good place! this isn't a good place!looking for somthing in thier eyes that showed me they were thinking about what they were seeing.the oldcomers were clasping thier hands over mine and telling me to shut up and to my parents they said it was a game to get out of the program,not to listen to me....after a while i could see that they were listening to them....it blew my mind.it was then that i realised i was going to be there for a long long time....on my way back to str8,i knew that the only way i would ever get out was to really die....my parents really failed me there.....to me i didn't think they loved me anymore....when open meeting review came they tore into me like a group of sharks...no one asked why or how i did "it"! you know what the crazy part was? i STILL had the razors on me! i COULDV"E done "it" again!i had them on me for many days after that...i had no way to get rid of them without getting caught with them!...so much for "therapy"!something else thats worse,is that i never showed signs of that kind of behavior BEFORE i went in there!i thought my parents,seeing what happened,would be smart enough to think of this and say to themselves....where/what have we done or whats happening in there that he would go to such an extreme...to me, it seemed like the only route out of there..... as you know,it didn't work.i had to stay in hell for a long long time!....i'm glad i finally found you!i hpoe we can talk on the phone someday......or see each other etc etc...god bless....hippie564"